FBI raids Rappahannock Co., Virginia property of well-known Russia expert....Ties to Trump/Mueller probe....Lawfare?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
More possible "lawfare" against Trump associates?

More Russia, Russia, Russia?

His place is about six miles from me the next county over....The previous owner let me fish the ponds on the property but it's been many years since I was over there.

OIP.wb0uYR-GQwvcxJEFRuqrQQAAAA

Federal agents this week descended on property in Rappahannock County owned by a Russian expert who had close ties to the Trump Administration.

“The FBI conducted court-authorized law enforcement activity. We have no further comment as this is an ongoing matter,” FBI spokesperson Samantha Shero emailed the Rappahannock News Wednesday night in response to a request for information about the situation.

Two agents met a reporter at the gate of the property at 69 Twin Post Lane, off Hillsboro Road about 4.5 miles north of Flint Hill, Wednesday evening and confirmed the FBI was on site. A roll of yellow crime scene tape was on the ground next to the gate post.

A neighbor said numerous law enforcement officers have been going to and from the estate, named “Patria,” since Tuesday morning, at times seemingly removing items in trucks and trailers. Agents returned to the property again Thursday morning.

Rappahannock County Circuit Court records show the 132.6-acre property was sold by Katherine Krebser to Dimitri K. Simes and his wife Anastasia R. Simes for $1.63 million in July 2021.

Dimitri Simes, 76, has been well known in the Washington, D.C., diplomatic world for decades and is considered an expert in Russian affairs. He was the longtime president and CEO of the Center for the National Interest, a public policy think tank founded by former President Richard Nixon. Simes left the center in 2022.

Simes had close ties to the presidential campaign and administration of former President Donald Trump. Simes was among those who figured prominently in Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe of potential Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 election. The report concluded that Simes did not act as an intermediary between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Simes co-hosts a current affairs show called “The Big Game” on Channel One, a TV network controlled by the Russian government.

More possible "lawfare" against Trump associates?

More Russia, Russia, Russia?

His place is about six miles from me the next county over....The previous owner let me fish the ponds on the property but it's been many years since I was over there.

OIP.wb0uYR-GQwvcxJEFRuqrQQAAAA

Federal agents this week descended on property in Rappahannock County owned by a Russian expert who had close ties to the Trump Administration.

“The FBI conducted court-authorized law enforcement activity. We have no further comment as this is an ongoing matter,” FBI spokesperson Samantha Shero emailed the Rappahannock News Wednesday night in response to a request for information about the situation.

Two agents met a reporter at the gate of the property at 69 Twin Post Lane, off Hillsboro Road about 4.5 miles north of Flint Hill, Wednesday evening and confirmed the FBI was on site. A roll of yellow crime scene tape was on the ground next to the gate post.

A neighbor said numerous law enforcement officers have been going to and from the estate, named “Patria,” since Tuesday morning, at times seemingly removing items in trucks and trailers. Agents returned to the property again Thursday morning.

Rappahannock County Circuit Court records show the 132.6-acre property was sold by Katherine Krebser to Dimitri K. Simes and his wife Anastasia R. Simes for $1.63 million in July 2021.

Dimitri Simes, 76, has been well known in the Washington, D.C., diplomatic world for decades and is considered an expert in Russian affairs. He was the longtime president and CEO of the Center for the National Interest, a public policy think tank founded by former President Richard Nixon. Simes left the center in 2022.

Simes had close ties to the presidential campaign and administration of former President Donald Trump. Simes was among those who figured prominently in Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe of potential Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 election. The report concluded that Simes did not act as an intermediary between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Simes co-hosts a current affairs show called “The Big Game” on Channel One, a TV network controlled by the Russian government.
I think more lawfare on Trump at this point would be even more stupid than allowing the cackler to speak in public.

Forum List

Back