What bi-partisan senate immigration Bill? Is that a democrat lie? (Poll)

Are democrats lying about the "bi-partisan" Senate Immigration Bill being killed in the House?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
A flawed bill is better than no bill and no bill results in the situation we have now.

If your only solution is to have Trump run things, how long do you intend to keep him president?
No bill didn’t make harris and xiden stop enforcing the law and welcome a surge.

There was a bill passed by one chamber of congress that set on Chucky’s desk since mid year 2023. He did nothing with it.

Please tell me how a flawed bill is WORSE than having Republicans “manage the border properly”?
You refuse to admit that Trump had the border perfect, Biden fucked it up with his "open border" EOs. Trump interpreted the IMMIGRATION LAWS correctly. There is no need to pass a "flawed Bill". Just close the fucking border and reinstate "remain in Mexico", duh.

No bill didn’t make harris and xiden stop enforcing the law and welcome a surge.
There was a bill passed by one chamber of congress that set on Chucky’s desk since mid year 2023. He did nothing with it.
Exactly! That was House Bill HR-2, that strengthened closing the border.

You refuse to admit that Trump had the border perfect, Biden fucked it up with his "open border" EOs. Trump interpreted the IMMIGRATION LAWS correctly. There is no need to pass a "flawed Bill". Just close the fucking border and reinstate "remain in Mexico", duh.
Biden’s not going to do what you want so please tell me again why a flawed bill is worse.

EOs can’t override legislation. So if there’s better legislation, Biden or any future democratic president can’t “fuck it up”.

You are avoiding reasonable questions because your position is deeply flawed.

Biden’s not going to do what you want so please tell me again why a flawed bill is worse.

EOs can’t override legislation. So if there’s better legislation, Biden or any future democratic president can’t “fuck it up”.

Why doesn’t he simply enforce the law now? And instead of having dems in the senate block legislation passed by the house, work with the house?

🥨 🥨 🥨
:rolleyes:

1. Trump had the border perfect, i.e. "remain in Mexico". Biden fucked it up letting 12,000,000 illegals into the US.
2. A flawed Bill is obviously worse than a perfect border, "perfect beats flawed", duh.

1. Trump had the border perfect, i.e. "remain in Mexico". Biden fucked it up letting 12,000,000 illegals into the US.
2. A flawed Bill is obviously worse than a perfect border, "perfect beats flawed", duh.
But the only way you get a “perfect border” is by electing Trump.

So how do you keep it perfect since Trump isn’t going to remain in office forever?

What you’re missing is that legislation will constrain future presidents.

What’s the downside to passing the law? Other than hurting your electoral chances which is what it’s really about.

Democrat talking points are that House Republicans failed to solve the border and immigration mess by not passing the "bi-partisan" Senate Bill, as directed by Trump.

The truth is that the Senate Bill did NOT pass the Senate!! So there is no "bi-partisan" Senate Bill.

Border bill fails Senate test vote as Democrats seek to underscore Republican resistance​

Speaking of immigration.

Illegal crossings at U.S.-Mexico border fall to 3-year low, the lowest level under Biden​

Repubs may want to reconsider referring to Harris as the "border Czar."

Democrat talking points are that House Republicans failed to solve the border and immigration mess by not passing the "bi-partisan" Senate Bill, as directed by Trump.
I believe the reference was made because the reform bill was being worked on by Dem and Repub senators.

The vote caps a peculiar sequence of events after Senate Republican leaders insisted on a border security agreement last year and signed off on a compromise bill before they knifed it. Democrats, wary of their political vulnerability when it comes to migration, had acceded to a variety of GOP demands to raise the bar for asylum-seekers and tighten border controls. Trump pressured GOP lawmakers to kill any deal that wasn’t “perfect,” and he succeeded.

Senators unveil bipartisan bill to impose tougher asylum and border laws

The $118 billion package is the result of months of negotiations between Senate Republicans and Democrats, as well as the Biden administration. It's not clear it will pass Congress.

The old president tried that too, until Trump threatened punishing tariffs, problem solved. The End.
we have a new NAFTA, you can't punish Mexico with tariffs silly one, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW....!

We don't need another lawless president like Trump! :eek:

vote Harris! 😁😇

But the only way you get a “perfect border” is by electing Trump.
So how do you keep it perfect since Trump isn’t going to remain in office forever?
What you’re missing is that legislation will constrain future presidents.
What’s the downside to passing the law? Other than hurting your electoral chances which is what it’s really about.
1. You get a perfect border by keeping Trump's border policy. No matter who is in the WH.
2. If legislation would strengthen border security, then HR-2 that passed the House, is better than the flawed senate Bill.

we have a new NAFTA, you can't punish Mexico with tariffs silly one, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW....!
We don't need another lawless president like Trump! :eek: vote Harris! 😁😇
I'm to the point of voting for Harris just to see the stupid democrats stew in their own juices.
If democrats think grocery prices are high now, wait until Harris puts in price controls.

1. You get a perfect border by keeping Trump's border policy. No matter who is in the WH.
2. If legislation would strengthen border security, then HR-2 that passed the House, is better than the flawed senate Bill.
How are you going to get a democratic president to keep Trump’s policy without legislation?

I believe the reference was made because the reform bill was being worked on by Dem and Repub senators.
The vote caps a peculiar sequence of events after Senate Republican leaders insisted on a border security agreement last year and signed off on a compromise bill before they knifed it. Democrats, wary of their political vulnerability when it comes to migration, had acceded to a variety of GOP demands to raise the bar for asylum-seekers and tighten border controls. Trump pressured GOP lawmakers to kill any deal that wasn’t “perfect,” and he succeeded.

Senators unveil bipartisan bill to impose tougher asylum and border laws

The $118 billion package is the result of months of negotiations between Senate Republicans and Democrats, as well as the Biden administration. It's not clear it will pass Congress.
Point being that the "bipartisan" Bill did NOT pass, so it is NOT a Bill. Its a democrat "talking point".
The House passed HR-2, so that is a real Bill.

How are you going to get a democratic president to keep Trump’s policy without legislation?
You aren't.
Democrats won't pass HR-2. If Republicans win in November, then HR-2 will pass.
If migrants keep coming thru "open borders" and getting free food, US citizens will have to keep paying more and more for groceries. We have to wait and see who wins in November.

You aren't.
Democrats won't pass HR-2. If Republicans win in November, then HR-2 will pass.
If migrants keep coming thru "open borders" and getting free food, US citizens will have to keep paying more and more for groceries. We have to wait and see who wins in November.
How are you going to pass HR-2 if Republicans win in November? You don’t actually think you’ll get 60 senate seats, do you?

Probably not, but it might be close if we get 55 Rs. So it’s up to the president to set the border policy.
I can’t believe you aren’t seeing the logical problem here.

Leaving it solely up to the president isn’t a good plan.

I can’t believe you aren’t seeing the logical problem here.
Leaving it solely up to the president isn’t a good plan.
Neither party can get 60 votes in the senate, so it is what it is without new legislation.
I like Trump's closed border policy.
You apparently like Biden's open border policy.

Forum List

Back