On to 2028

Not even remotely true.
That's what's happening and you think it should continue to happen so what else am I supposed to think?
Yeah, taxpayers never pay for pools installed in colleges. Never I say!!!
So? Just because it happens in one instance doesnt mean it should happen in this one.
ok

Valid position.

Meanwhile back in reality, on this thread alone, I’ve called out the IOC like 6 times for holding the olympics in places that had nothing to offer but a bag of money.
It just cost Paris 10's of billions of dollars to build and put on the Olympics. I dont personally know what the state of sports venues in Paris was prior to the Olympics being there but given the size of the city I would guess it was at or above the same level as most cities in the world. LA is according to you "turn key" and they are estimating a 7 billion dollar cost. (That's what they estimated the Paris cost at as well right up until they blew right though that budget btw)
If done properly, the games benefit the communities after the Olympics have left town. In the past, LA (for one) has shown that it knows how to handle the Olympics...as has Paris, Tokyo, and a few other cities. I’m not sure why you guys who predict doom and gloom around every corner aren’t acknowledging that.

Whether or not the Olympics being in a city benefits the community is irrelevant. I would fucking hope so after the community spends billions of dollars to have it there. If Paris had spent the money it spent on the Olympics on things to "benefit the community" instead of the Olympics would the benefit have been greater or lesser?

That's what's happening and you think it should continue to happen so what else am I supposed to think?
Well, you could read what I wrote instead of making up what you think I said.
So? Just because it happens in one instance doesnt mean it should happen in this one.
Well, you can either coincide the building of the pools and improvements to tother facilities with the Olympics and have private money pay for it or you can tax the public. Again...your preconceived notions don’t resonate in reality.
It just cost Paris 10's of billions of dollars to build and put on the Olympics. I dont personally know what the state of sports venues in Paris was prior to the Olympics being there but given the size of the city I would guess it was at or above the same level as most cities in the world. LA is according to you "turn key" and they are estimating a 7 billion dollar cost. (That's what they estimated the Paris cost at as well right up until they blew right though that budget btw)

Whether or not the Olympics being in a city benefits the community is irrelevant. I would fucking hope so after the community spends billions of dollars to have it there. If Paris had spent the money it spent on the Olympics on things to "benefit the community" instead of the Olympics would the benefit have been greater or lesser?
You lost me but I don’t think you’re really interested in having a discussion.

Have a nice day.

Huge waste of money.

They need to build a permanent "Olympic Village" so that individual countries aren't on the hook to build all this infrastructure for a 2 week event to play sports the majority of people don't care about and won't be used again. Certainly not enough to justify the cost of building and maintaining them.
I've heard that proposal and it makes a ton of sense.

What I suggest LA do for the Olympics is gather all the homeless and bus them to Dallas, Houston and Miami.
Drop them off in the middle of the night.

Easy Peasy…..problem solved
Biden already did that (except they were his illegal alien migrants)

Forum List

Back