Federal committee looking at changing the name of Devil’s Tower

A Hideout Is Not a Homeland

The Indigians are not "natives." They are bandit gangs who had been driven out of Asia by civilized races. No Man's Lands, such as their original escape route in the Frozen North, are never chosen as a place to settle in. They are always harbors for criminal fugitives, never real nations.

Also - the american indians never had a written language so how can they establish what land they "owned"? They can't just say , "My tribe of 70 people was here so we owned all the land for 50 miles around."

After all they took away from us its the least they could do.
They made treaties to provide for us for stealing our land. They broke every promise.

The pre-americans tortured to death countless thousands of white settlers. Their whole "culture" was built around torture. The american indian was the evilest group of people in history.

Devils Tower has been Devils Tower for almost 150 years when Teddy Roosevelt made it a national monument. When we hear the term we don't think of Satan but we immediately see in our mind that distinctive rock like no other around it. Same with places like Hell's canyon. What do you think when you hear "Bear Lodge?" I think of a resort that could be anywhere. And despite the legends, I can't find anywhere that Devil's Tower is or near a bear habitat.

Why anybody would find a name to be offensive is beyond me. I don't care what they call it, but having to change all the history books, educational and entertainment references etc. just seems so unnecessary. I think people who are pushing for that sort of thing need to find something useful to do, or get a hobby that absorbs their time and attention or something.

Next they'll be wanting to call New Mexico's Shiprock, a national landmark, "The Needles" or whatever other name it was once called even though Shiprock is the perfect name for it.
View attachment 967783
Wow, irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Forum List

Back