federal jury convicts GOP Nebraska Rep Jeff Fortenberry of lying to feds about illegal $30,000 contribution to his campaign from foreign billionaire

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
a nine-term Republican congressman from Nebraska facing reelection...the billionaire is from Nigeria

You beat me to it OP, I was just coming in to create this thread about this corrupt Republican scumbag.

a nine-term Republican congressman from Nebraska facing reelection...the billionaire is from Nigeria

OK...I'll call that good.

Now, when's Zuckerturd getting hauled up on federal charges, for his deliberate felonious actions in the 2020 election in Wisco?

Everyone in the house is up for reelection every two years.

These chickenshit set up's need to come to an end.

Is it reasonable at all to expect everyone to remember the details of every phone call they've had a year past?

• Banned

excerpts:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Friday suggested Rep. Jeff Fortenberry should resign from Congress, hours after the Nebraska Republican was convicted of lying to the FBI over illegal campaign contributions.

“I think when someone’s convicted, it’s time to resign, ” McCarthy told reporters at a press conference on the final day of the House GOP retreat.

“I am going to discuss with him today. I think he had his day in court. I think if he wants to appeal he can do that as a private citizen,” McCarthy added, noting that he had texted Fortenberry late last night after the conviction.

Minutes after McCarthy’s remarks, Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued a more declarative statement on the matter, calling on Fortenberry to immediately resign.

“Congressman Fortenberry’s conviction represents a breach of the public trust and confidence in his ability to serve. No one is above the law,” she said.

Fortenberry and his team are taking 24 hours to evaluate their next steps in terms of his reelection bid, according to a Republican familiar with the discussions who addressed the matter candidly on condition of anonymity.

His defense team argued he might have been distracted or had a poor phone connection when the fundraiser’s organizer told him about the source of the funds in a 2018 phone call.

If Fortenberry does decide to seek reelection, he could face a highly competitive reelection bid. Multiple GOP candidates jumped into the race after the charges against the incumbent were revealed, with Republican Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts endorsing the well-liked state Sen. Mike Flood in the GOP primary for the state’s 1st district.

Forum List

Back