Federal Reserve Hikes Interest Rates Again To Save The Country

Why would the Fed raise rates before "not a recession" numbers come out?

Why would the Fed raise rates before "not a recession" numbers come out?
In anticipation that the “not a recession” is a recession and will be recognized as such without regard to whatever the Alzheimer Victim in Chief may wish to try to say about it.

The question is, how high will the Fed have to hike interest rates before inflation is brought under control AND stays under control? And how negative will those rate hikes be on economic growth? I don't think past history will tell us much because the circumstances this time are different; usually raising rates means the cost of borrowing money is greater, but there might already be enough money out there that means there won't be as much borrowing, and that ain't good for future innovation and entrepreneurship. BUT - we might kinda skate along for awhile with economic growth slightly positive but not good either. IOW, stagflation.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you don't know about that.
I'm very aware of that bullshit. I've researched it. That's how I know it's fake news in the first place, you easily brainwashed jackass.

Obviously Trump had his tongue planted firmly in cheek when he made the comment regarding QE while critiquing a previous administration's QE policies. It was sarcasm, you easily brainwashed TDS afflicted moron.

And Trump wanted the interest rate to go up! He merely thought the FED was raising it too fast.

You're an economic illiterate.

Under Trump, inflation was low, real wages went up (wage hikes outpaced inflation) and the poverty rate hit an all-time record low.

Last edited:
You're an economic illiterate.
21+year CFP, Financial Advisor, 7/63/65, ChFC/CLU.

And you're just another Trumpster. You've "researched" it.

On no topic is the arrogant ignorance of Trumpism more evident than economics and markets. The Dunning-Kruger Effect in all its glory.

<flick>

Forum List

Back