Could GOP plans spur the inflation the party pledges to end?

I miss the part where Republicans are proposing to keep it all here. Can you show me?
Biden lied about inflation, he said it was 9% when he took over, when in reality it was only 1.4%

It hit 9% after he had been President for over a year.

Then Biden said there was not much he could do about inflation, after which he blamed Putin for the inflation, after which he passed legislation for something he said was out of his control, at least, that is what he sold it as.

But later Biden admitted his inflation bill did nothing to help inflation. In fact, all the spending on Climate stuff only made inflation worse.

That is true, but that is 10 million workers out of the labor force. Granted, housing cost comprise one third of the basket of goods used in calculating CPI. And housing costs are slated to come down due to an expansion in building. When those units come on-line you will see a decrease in cost. But construction and material cost are going to increase with the loss of that labor force.

Besides, the housing, or what the CPI calls "shelter cost", is a ghost number. It is calculated as the cost a homeowner would have to pay if they were renting their home. My home would probably rent for over two thousand dollars a month, it is paid for and just cost me the property taxes. The second biggest component is food, at almost 14%, even if you fall for the "drill baby drill bullshit, energy costs only comprise a little under 8%, health care costs are almost the same. What is the Republican plan for healthcare?

That is true, but that is 10 million workers out of the labor force.

All 10 million of Biden's illegals are in the labor force? Link?

Does "labor force" include the criminal gangs robbing their way across the country?

And housing costs are slated to come down due to an expansion in building.

Is building going to expand less under Biden's $55...err...5% rent increase cap?

What is the Republican plan for healthcare?

What will booting 10 million illegal aliens save local ERs in unreimbursed spending?
Or local schools and local law enforcement?

My posts are angry because I can tell, we are all about to get fucked. I mean this election is a foregone conclusion. It is Trump's to lose and I am not seeing that happen. And worse, I am seeing the Republican party take the House, the Senate, and the Executive. Bend over, get out the vaseline, it is flippin coming. The markets are already indicating as much.

And the reason, you people are flippin stupid.

To give the suffrage to tramps, to paupers, to men to whom the chance to labor is a boon, to men who must beg, or steal, or starve, is to invoke destruction. To put political power in the hands of men embittered and degraded by poverty is to tie firebrands to foxes and turn them loose amid the standing corn; it is to put out the eyes of a Samson and to twine his arms around the pillars of national life.

150 years ago, Henry George laid this all out. I am a Georgist, and damn proud of it. Not really hard to be proud to the same political bent as Albert Einstein or Winston Churchill.

Tell me again how higher tax rates lead to increased investment.

The irony is, Trump’s platform — including tax cuts, tariff increases and a crackdown on immigration — would, in the view of many economists and investors, stoke price pressures. As the Federal Reserve prepares to start monetary easing, the potential shift in an array of policies looms as a risk for sustained interest-rate cuts in 2025.

Given the vagueness of the Republican platform I am wondering if anyone has any idea of just what a Trump administration will actually do to combat inflation. Even within that vagueness we find three inflationary proposals. Tariffs, elimination of immigration and mass deportations, and tax cuts. What policy proposals will counter those inflationary drivers?

I am not interested in the whole oil and gas production thing, the drill baby drill bullshit. Under Biden oil production and gas production have exceeded even Trump's best year, prior to the Covid pandemic. That dog ain't going to hunt. Trump could ban the export of crude and natural gas, that would certainly influence prices downwards, but I have seen no proposal of that and considering the influence of the oil and gas industry, not seeing it happening.
Exactly.

You’ll be sorry… and then find a way to claim it on Dems

Tell me again how higher tax rates lead to increased investment.
It is evident. The WACC, weighted average cost of capital is inversely related to the tax rate. How hard it that to understand. And if you can't understand that. Well you probably got no business posting in an economics thread.

It is evident. The WACC, weighted average cost of capital is inversely related to the tax rate. How hard it that to understand. And if you can't understand that. Well you probably got no business posting in an economics thread.

You must have dozens of examples where higher business taxes caused an immediate spike in investment.

The irony is, Trump’s platform — including tax cuts, tariff increases and a crackdown on immigration — would, in the view of many economists and investors, stoke price pressures. As the Federal Reserve prepares to start monetary easing, the potential shift in an array of policies looms as a risk for sustained interest-rate cuts in 2025.

Given the vagueness of the Republican platform I am wondering if anyone has any idea of just what a Trump administration will actually do to combat inflation. Even within that vagueness we find three inflationary proposals. Tariffs, elimination of immigration and mass deportations, and tax cuts. What policy proposals will counter those inflationary drivers?

I am not interested in the whole oil and gas production thing, the drill baby drill bullshit. Under Biden oil production and gas production have exceeded even Trump's best year, prior to the Covid pandemic. That dog ain't going to hunt. Trump could ban the export of crude and natural gas, that would certainly influence prices downwards, but I have seen no proposal of that and considering the influence of the oil and gas industry, not seeing it happening.

The problem is our economy is bloated inflation and a crash are inevitable. It's only a matter of how long trump can hold it back. You can only keep printing money so long before all you're doing is chasing numbers. Everytime you create a dollar you lower the value of every existing dollar by a fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

That's why banks are buying record amounts of gold. Not to resell but as protection during a crash.

It's why the yield curve is inverted. Now the best interest rates on bonds is for short term, not long term bonds. In a strong economy the best rates are on 10 year bonds vs 2 year bonds. Inverting the curve is designed to bring more people into the bond market because they can make money faster to prop up the bond market.

Our currency is not backed by gold and silver anymore. Now our money is backed by debt. Many speculate that was why Kennedy was killed because he wanted to put us back on the gold standard for backing our currency

Our debt is becoming our biggest export. China buys large amounts of our debt and when they cash it in they cash it in for American Treasury bonds.

Gregory manarino a financial expert talks often about all that stuff and has a lot of insight into debt and the current wars and how to fed adds to our debt.

We're also within the 100 year currency cycle.

And as we see a greater and greater and greater push to digitize our lives and our society it's easy to see that is also where our money will be going as well at some point. Digital currency will be our next money but that can't happen till the old system dies. Our current currency is on an old archaic system, it still takes days for credit card transactions to move through in a lot of cases.

Nobody, not even trump can stop this, only delay it.

I mean this election is a foregone conclusion. It is Trump's to lose and I am not seeing that happen. And worse, I am seeing the Republican party take the House, the Senate, and the Executive.
So a huge win for America and Americans, got it.

That is true, but that is 10 million workers out of the labor force.

All 10 million of Biden's illegals are in the labor force? Link?

Does "labor force" include the criminal gangs robbing their way across the country?

And housing costs are slated to come down due to an expansion in building.

Is building going to expand less under Biden's $55...err...5% rent increase cap?

What is the Republican plan for healthcare?

What will booting 10 million illegal aliens save local ERs in unreimbursed spending?
Or local schools and local law enforcement?
We have way too many workers in the labor force. The economy f oes better when employers have to compete really hard and struggle for workers.

Will spur major inflation.

Oh, Americans are going to get it all right. No mistake about it. But it ain't going to turn out how you think it will, that much I can promise you.

Still looking for those examples where higher business taxes caused an immediate spike in investment?

Forum List

Back