🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Feinstein: CIA searched Intelligence Committee computers

The head of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday sharply accused the CIA of violating federal law and undermining the constitutional principle of congressional oversight as she detailed publicly for the first time how the agency secretly removed documents from computers used by her panel to investigate a controversial interrogation program.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said that the situation amounted to an attempted intimidation of congressional investigators, adding: "I am not taking it lightly."

She confirmed that an internal agency investigation of the action has been referred to the Justice Department for possible criminal prosecution. And she accused the CIA of violating the Fourth Amendment, various federal laws and a presidential executive order that bars the agency from conducting domestic searches and surveillance.

So it's ok for the average citizen to be spied upon, but when it happens to her it's an outrage. My sympathy is nonexistent. If anybody should be spied on it's the people in the government.

I miss the olden days when no one even dared say "CIA" for fear of attracting their gaze.

The First Rule of CIA is: You don't talk about CIA...:)

I much prefer knowing what illegal activities they're engaging in.

So it's ok for the average citizen to be spied upon, but when it happens to her it's an outrage. My sympathy is nonexistent. If anybody should be spied on it's the people in the government.

I miss the olden days when no one even dared say "CIA" for fear of attracting their gaze.

Why? What are you capable of doing about it? Gonna add "CIA Watchdog" to your Sig? Oooohhh (waves hands mockingly.)

Yeah. I saw this and had to laugh.

She takes no issue with the NSA spying on American citizens, but is outraged that the CIA spied on her committee.

Cry me a fucking river...

So believing in equality as you do you will be happy to see just as many Congressional hearings on this as there was/will be for the NSA's program.

Believing in equality, I would like to see Obama impeached the same way Nixon was.

Nixon wasn't impeached. Resigned before it happened. Only Clinton and some other guy ever has been.

"The Infamous Sixteen

Since 1797 the House of Representatives has impeached sixteen federal officials. These include two presidents, a cabinet member, a senator, a justice of the Supreme Court, and eleven federal judges. Of those, the Senate has convicted and removed seven, all of them judges. Not included in this list are the office holders who have resigned rather than face impeachment, most notably, President Richard M. Nixon."
Impeachment History | Infoplease.com

Last edited:

Why? What are you capable of doing about it? Gonna add "CIA Watchdog" to your Sig? Oooohhh (waves hands mockingly.)

Did you really wave your hands mockingly?

Regardless, if I know, more people know, and the more people know the more people will stand up to oppose these sorts of activities.

Nixon wasn't impeached. Resigned before it happened. Only Clinton and some other guy ever has been.

"The Infamous Sixteen

Since 1797 the House of Representatives has impeached sixteen federal officials. These include two presidents, a cabinet member, a senator, a justice of the Supreme Court, and eleven federal judges. Of those, the Senate has convicted and removed seven, all of them judges. Not included in this list are the office holders who have resigned rather than face impeachment, most notably, President Richard M. Nixon."
Impeachment History | Infoplease.com

I still want to see the articles draw up for Obama.
http://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Impeachment/

Last edited:
CIA-Senate dispute 101: 9 questions about who's spying on whom
How the staffers found this paper is at the heart of the current dispute. Anonymous administration sources have alleged that the staffers may have discovered it by breaching a firewall separating their computer system from the CIA’s own networks, or otherwise hacking into a place they weren’t authorized to go. Feinstein on Tuesday denied this in strenuous terms. She said the searching tool provided by the CIA produced the Panetta report after certain parameters were entered

An interesting article re: this, states CIA says Senate may have broken through a firewall, thus accusing the Senate for spying on them

How the staffers found this paper is at the heart of the current dispute. Anonymous administration sources have alleged that the staffers may have discovered it by breaching a firewall separating their computer system from the CIA’s own networks, or otherwise hacking into a place they weren’t authorized to go. Feinstein on Tuesday denied this in strenuous terms. She said the searching tool provided by the CIA produced the Panetta report after certain parameters were entered

An interesting article re: this, states CIA says Senate may have broken through a firewall, thus accusing the Senate for spying on them

Senate staffers broke through a CIA firewall? Do I even need to elaborate on how ridiculous that is?

Senate staffers broke through a CIA firewall? Do I even need to elaborate on how ridiculous that is?

Are you saying there is no possibility? You haven't the slightest idea.

Forum List

Back