Fetal Endangerment Laws Gone Too Fucking Far

Mar 27, 2016
Man charged after his newborn tests positive for amphetamines and opiates

A man was charged on Friday after his newborn tested positive for drug exposure in December.

Blue Earth County Human Services Child Protection reports that the child tested positive for amphetamines and opiates after birth and the mother tested positive for opiates.

Apparently, Blue Earth County Human Services Child Protection has some fundamental misunderstandings of the reproductive biology at work, here.

I really love the last line of the article. It really is the perfect cherry on top.

Hint. If a baby is going to be conceived, don't take prohibited drugs.

That's just the thing... from the article, there's no evidence that the father-- the person being charged-- did any drugs at all. He's being charged for the mother's crime.

And while I agree with the general idea that women shouldn't take drugs while they're pregnant, I don't think there should be any such thing as "prohibited drugs".

Hint. If a baby is going to be conceived, don't take prohibited drugs.

That's just the thing... from the article, there's no evidence that the father-- the person being charged-- did any drugs at all. He's being charged for the mother's crime.

And while I agree with the general idea that women shouldn't take drugs while they're pregnant, I don't think there should be any such thing as "prohibited drugs".
Mebbe so, but many of the legislatures disagree.

r0ihw3J.jpg

Vigilante, you are trolling. Stay on OP.

Just for the JakeAss!

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb".[1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims_of_Violence_Act#cite_note-1

Let's help you out, Vigi. Your link ends with "On the other hand, the appellee conceded on reargument that no case could be cited that holds that a fetus is a person within the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment."

Why did you not include that tidbit. Your legislation will not hold up in court in cases of abortion.

Let's help you out, Vigi. Your link ends with "On the other hand, the appellee conceded on reargument that no case could be cited that holds that a fetus is a person within the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment."

Why did you not include that tidbit. Your legislation will not hold up in court in cases of abortion.

Abortion, WRONGLY is the EXCEPTION, the LAW as stated was never amended, or changed! Scott Peterson was convicted of double homicide under California's fetal homicide law.

Abortion, WRONGLY is the EXCEPTION, the LAW as stated was never amended, or changed! Scott Peterson was convicted of double homicide under California's fetal homicide law.
In your opinion, abortion is wrongly the exception. There is no case law that holds that a fetus is a person within the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Man charged after his newborn tests positive for amphetamines and opiates

A man was charged on Friday after his newborn tested positive for drug exposure in December.

Blue Earth County Human Services Child Protection reports that the child tested positive for amphetamines and opiates after birth and the mother tested positive for opiates.

Apparently, Blue Earth County Human Services Child Protection has some fundamental misunderstandings of the reproductive biology at work, here.

I really love the last line of the article. It really is the perfect cherry on top.
Charges dropped against local man for newborn drug exposure

Charges were dropped by March 3.

Forum List

Back