Fire arms FACTS

But the Supreme Court has already ruled that the type of gun we can own can be regulated. And that is already being done. Care to try to buy a twin .50 at your local gun shop?
Maybe not at your local gun shop. But you CAN obtain one if you wanted to. And legally.

:cool:

Fully automatic weapons made after 1986 are now illegal. BUT all before that date that are in the market are ownable with the proper paper work.

You forgot well regulated

Well regulated means the firearm is in good working order. If it applies to function it only applies to the federal part of the Militia. Further the Supreme Court made it clear. The second is an Individual right separate and removed from any membership in a Militia.

Basic English tells us that by reading the 2nd Amendment.The right to keep and bear arms is the main part and the Militia part is simply one example of why.

Yes, well, the problem is that leftists don't communicate in English very well. Public schools, y'know.

Close, but no cigar

The term is well regulated militia, not well regulated arms

Try again

Already covered it. Again for the slow, the militia part is simply one example of why the INDIVIDUAL right is to be uninfringed. As for well regulated militia that would be the National Guard with the remaining population as the unorganized thus unregulated militia.

Federal law states that all males 17 to 45 belong to the unregulated unorganized militia.

Further the Court has ruled. That ruling is clear. One has an individual right to keep and bear arms irregardless of belonging to a Militia.

You try again.

Actually it can be argued that the national guard is the militia, and no one else can own arms from there.

That not only CAN be argued, it HAS been argued . . . and shot down in flames.

But far be it from us to stop you from beating a dead horse or clinging to a dead argument.

Fully automatic weapons made after 1986 are now illegal. BUT all before that date that are in the market are ownable with the proper paper work.

I've never seen that "ban" but would like to. And is that ban specific to FAW's made after '86 or does it apply to other types of weapons, such as tanks, artillery, nukes, etc...? Because, according to the NFA of 1934, you can own just about any sort of weapon that isn't banned by the Geneva Convention. The practicality of owning one (tank, artillery, nuke, etc...) would be in question as to if you really wanted to own such a weapon.

:cool:

I can't remember the specific language but automatic weapons for sure, I think it included military surplus as well but can't remember.

Auto weapons are not banned. People reaally should have a clue if they're going to discuss a topic.

Well regulated means the firearm is in good working order. If it applies to function it only applies to the federal part of the Militia. Further the Supreme Court made it clear. The second is an Individual right separate and removed from any membership in a Militia.

Basic English tells us that by reading the 2nd Amendment.The right to keep and bear arms is the main part and the Militia part is simply one example of why.

Close, but no cigar

Try again

What? Next you're going to tell me that "Use only as directed" isn't directions, it's a flavor. C'mon man.

Yeah umm not hard to understand. You said anything made after 1986 was illegal. That is not not true M'kay?

This bickering over ‘well regulated militia’ is both pointless and moot, as the Court determined that “[t]he Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.”

Moreover, governments are indeed authorized by the Constitution to regulate firearms and their possession in a reasonable manner, pursuant to the Second Amendment and its jurisprudence.

Indeed, the notion of a ‘citizen army’ in the context of a ‘militia’ is an anachronism, hence the Court’s determination that the Amendment protects a right to personal self-defense, not the ‘defense’ of a state or the Nation, where “the inherent right of self-defense has been central to the Second Amendment right.”

Close, but no cigar

Try again

Already covered it. Again for the slow, the militia part is simply one example of why the INDIVIDUAL right is to be uninfringed. As for well regulated militia that would be the National Guard with the remaining population as the unorganized thus unregulated militia.

Federal law states that all males 17 to 45 belong to the unregulated unorganized militia.

Further the Court has ruled. That ruling is clear. One has an individual right to keep and bear arms irregardless of belonging to a Militia.

You try again.

Actually it can be argued that the national guard is the militia, and no one else can own arms from there.

You are totally wrong, and Retired is totally correct! You sound like a dumbass!:cool:

Excellent point. Well regulated is the most important part of the amendment which the gun nutters conveniently forget.

It sounds like retired wants convicted felons, molesters, the mentally ill, and other nutcases limitless access to guns :cuckoo:

No, what Retired doesn't want is someone setting a standard, because he probbly wouldn't pass it.

By Federal law every male from 17 to 45 is a member of the Militia. As long as they are US Citizens or legal residence.

What FEDERAL LAW is that, please?

We spend more on the military than the next 10 countries combined. Who needs this militia?

More firearm facts:

1173749_716182438408406_193069685_n.jpg

We spend more on the military than the next 10 countries combined. Who needs this militia?

I just love reading how these fools think they're gonna take on the "tyranny" of the US government.

Never mind that there's no "tyranny" and that no one is coming to get their guns and bibles. The reality is that the '2nd amendment' twerps wouldn't be so much as an ant in that battle.

I cannot imagine how any of them are so ignorant as to not know that.

OTOH, I don't much care if they're hiding under the bed, caressing their guns wearing their little tin foil beanies but they don't have the right to put others in danger.

We met one of these nitwits a couple of days ago when we took our broken tv to a weird little repair shop. You could smell the cigarette smoke before the door opened but what struck us both were the number of nasty signs around the room. The one I made a point to remember had a big V and then a loony paragraph of paranoia and the web address of infowars.com.

I'm sure a lot of the nutters here recognize that as the rock Alex Jones' hides under, but we didn't.

Begs the question, did we always have this many loons in our society and are they just more apparent because of the internet?

(TV fixer loon was supposed to call us that day but we haven't heard from him.)

I just love reading how these fools think they're gonna take on the "tyranny" of the US government.

Never mind that there's no "tyranny" and that no one is coming to get their guns and bibles. The reality is that the '2nd amendment' twerps wouldn't be so much as an ant in that battle.

I cannot imagine how any of them are so ignorant as to not know that.

OTOH, I don't much care if they're hiding under the bed, caressing their guns wearing their little tin foil beanies but they don't have the right to put others in danger.

We met one of these nitwits a couple of days ago when we took our broken tv to a weird little repair shop. You could smell the cigarette smoke before the door opened but what struck us both were the number of nasty signs around the room. The one I made a point to remember had a big V and then a loony paragraph of paranoia and the web address of infowars.com.

I'm sure a lot of the nutters here recognize that as the rock Alex Jones' hides under, but we didn't.

Begs the question, did we always have this many loons in our society and are they just more apparent because of the internet?

(TV fixer loon was supposed to call us that day but we haven't heard from him.)

It's also funny that they vote Republican and Republicans lead the charge in military spending. These militia guys should just point the gun down and shoot themselves in the foot.

I think it is the internet. In the real world I don't know anyone that get to such a crazy level.

ReAlly? Who gave u the bit of misinformation? Fucking fool.

Forum List

Back