Flat Tax

Regressive taxes.PNG

For or against.

These guys in another thread said it’s not fair that the rich pay more and the poor don’t pay.

So why don’t we have a flat tax? Is it because it won’t work or because it isn’t fair? Must be one or both.

Maybe we couldn’t possibly pay the bills if we did a flat tax?

Or maybe it would be too much to tax the poor and middle class what it would take to pay the bills.

In other words there must be a reason republicans didn’t pass a flat tax.

My suspicion is the way we do things now the rich don’t pay their fair share. Like GE and amazon they don’t pay taxes at all. Probably.

This stupid shit again?

For a Flat Tax to be revenue neutral (meaning it would bring in the same amount of revenue that the existing system does) it would have to be between 17% and 20%...

That would be a hefty increase on the middle class and a huge increase on the poor (who can least afford it) and a HUGE tax break for the rich.

So yea...fairness would be a major concern

And we would do this WHY?

This stupid shit again?

For a Flat Tax to be revenue neutral (meaning it would bring in the same amount of revenue that the existing system does) it would have to be between 17% and 20%...

That would be a hefty increase on the middle class and a huge increase on the poor (who can least afford it) and a HUGE tax break for the rich.

The FAIR tax does away with that issue.

This stupid shit again?

The FAIR tax does away with that issue.
If fair doesn’t work the progressive tax it is.

For or against.

These guys in another thread said it’s not fair that the rich pay more and the poor don’t pay.

So why don’t we have a flat tax? Is it because it won’t work or because it isn’t fair? Must be one or both.

Or maybe it would be too much to tax the poor and middle class what it would take to pay the bills.

My suspicion is the way we do things now the rich don’t pay their fair share. Like GE and amazon they don’t pay taxes at all. Probably.

Why can't the rich pay more taxes they have more money it all boils down to one word GREED.

For or against.

Why can't the rich pay more taxes they have more money it all boils down to one word GREED.

I would call it greedy for you to be demanding other people's money. It's also called avarice and a lot of other unflattering things.

For or against.

I would call it greedy for you to be demanding other people's money. It's also called avarice and a lot of other unflattering things.

See froggy, this is the bad argument Republicans keep making as they lower taxes on the rich. What they are trying won't work and isn't fair.

But they've spun it so it sounds like the rich are paying more than their fair share.

They may have been before Reagan but not since.

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts

Nobles Need Not Pay Taxes

For or against.

See froggy, this is the bad argument Republicans keep making as they lower taxes on the rich. What they are trying won't work and isn't fair.

But they've spun it so it sounds like the rich are paying more than their fair share.

What do you imagine they are "trying," and why won't it work?

All the data shows that the rich are paying far more than their fair share. They are certainly paying a lot more than the cost of what they get.

For or against.

I call it WORSE than greedy for millionaires to try and push the share of tax they pay onto the middle class and poor.
But that's me...Course I ain't rich

The flat tax will not work unless expenditures are eliminated for all, including corporations. The corporations only expenditure should be for payroll.

Do not know enough about the consumption tax, but willing to listen!

For or against.

For

But I wonder would a consumption tax be better. Food exempt of course

The FAIR tax is a consumption tax.

Which taxes only the poor and poor with credit.

No it doesn't, numskull. The poor pay no taxes under the FAIR tax.

The flat tax will not work unless expenditures are eliminated for all, including corporations. The corporations only expenditure should be for payroll.

Do not know enough about the consumption tax, but willing to listen!
So corporations can't deduct for the cost of raw materials, plant and equipment?

Furthermore, I didn't say the "flat tax." I said the FAIR tax. Read up on it so you don't sound so fucking ignorant.

For or against.

The best way to solve the tax problem is to downsize the government to the max so that it does not need that much money

Forum List

Back