Floyd Mayweather's 100 Million Dollar Purse.Will IRS Take 97 Million Of It? Or Not?

Feb 1, 2013
Naples,Marco Area

:hellno:
Ok, now who was it that said something in reference to "Three Million Dollars Is Enough Money To Retire On"?
But was he only referring to Republican voters with a 401k worth over 3 Million Dollars?
If Floyd is an Obama supporter, would he have to fork over 97 Million of his 100 Million Dollar Prize?
God, can you imagine if it was a White American Boxer who got the 100 Million after defeating a Black Boxer? Do you think that the IRS would send him a bill for $97,000,000 ???
:eusa_shifty::badgrin::omg:

You are seriously confused.

In Obama's budget last April, there was a $3 million cap on tax-preferred retirement accounts.

This has absolutely no bearing on a $100 million purse. Actually, I think Floyd's purse is closer to $40 million.

• Banned

In Obama's budget last April, there was a $3 million cap on tax-preferred retirement accounts.

This has absolutely no bearing on a $100 million purse. Actually, I think Floyd's purse is closer to $40 million.

i know! i was just exxagerating on his comment about the three million dollars is plenty to retire on, therefore u should give the rest to the government. well, that didnt go over well.

i know! i was just exxagerating on his comment about the three million dollars is plenty to retire on, therefore u should give the rest to the government. well, that didnt go over well.

The point of the $3 million cap was not to say it was enough to retire on. The point was that people who have more than that really don't need relief.

• Banned
well thats how the some in the media took it, especially Larry Kudlow, he was ripping all over it that week Obama made that comment about the 3 Million dollar cap,then tax the rest of it. I recall him saying something like,,,WHO ARE YOU TO TELL HARD WORKING AMERICANS WHO SAVED UP ALL OF THEIR LIVES TO RETIRE COMFORTABLY HOW MUCH Money they can keep!

You should not listen to Larry Kudlow.

Instead, how about listening to Larry The Cable Guy....or Larry David....or Larry Miller. Anyone funny. You need to listen to funny people.

He's Incorporated, guys.

Probably a C Corp, has himself listed as an Employee with a nominal Salary and takes Quarterly, Semi Annual or Annual Dividends.

The Corporation pays for his Hookers :)

and to think he never bought any homes/land/real estate as a security? he was making all of that money at a time when he could of bought real estate and hang on to it for when he called it quits, especially in Florida. I think when he was still champ, real estate was cheap here in the Southwest, and we all know what happened here after 2004.

if the .gov had gotten into the ring and took a few hard punches i would say they deserved a small part of it.., but no ! not only no.., but FUCK NO !! the .gov don't deserve one penny of thay $1000,000,000.00 :up:

and to think there was a time when king george would have you drawn and quartered for forgetting/refuse to pay your taxes of $18.42 ( i think that was the average for a 2500 sq ft home in 1576) lol

Forum List

Back