Fne Art

As a matter of interest...... do you know how much a Modigliani sold for this last November 2015?

$170m (£113m) at an auction in New York setting a world record for the artist.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have all his bios, I know his life, times and loves by heart......he died so, so sick in a room in Paris , and so poor you can not even imagine...

Life is strange.

Modigliani's Reclining Nude fetches second-highest ever art auction price

As a matter of interest...... do you know how much a Modigliani sold for this last November 2015?

$170m (£113m) at an auction in New York setting a world record for the artist.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have all his bios, I know his life, times and loves by heart......he died so, so sick in a room in Paris , and so poor you can not even imagine...

Life is strange.

Modigliani's Reclining Nude fetches second-highest ever art auction price
Yes it is. Seems like artists are not worth nothing until after they die

What got you interested in Modigliani?

It was when I was reading Ernest Hemingway bios (whom I also know by heart and have many books about him and admire as an American writer) and so I came across Amadeo Modigliani.....totally fascinating life! if you like Paris in the teens and twenties and and "la vie boheme" all that!:biggrin:

What got you interested in Modigliani?

It was when I was reading Ernest Hemingway bios (whom I also know by heart and have many books about him and admire as an American writer) and so I came across Amadeo Modigliani.....totally fascinating life! if you like Paris in the teens and twenties and and "la vie boheme" all that!:biggrin:

Attachments

• anna-zborowska-artwork-photo-1.jpg
    anna-zborowska-artwork-photo-1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 160
That's him circa 1918 in Montparnasse Paris .... that's Modi..well his friends called him Modi .. he was Italian.

and one last observation....

this is Jeanne....his last girlfriend a young French girl....mother of his daughter and pregnant with another baby from Modi... who was so lost when he died....so totally lost......she din't know what to do..... she was so young ...so she stayed there....by the corpse....it's true.....read all about it.....then she could not stand it any more

she simply could not live without him

she threw herself out from a window.... and killed herself and their baby.

I tell you

real life is more than any movie out there.

here is one of the many of portraits Modi made of Jeanne.....circa 1918.... don't even try to guess how much that cost now.... 100 million? close to a billion?

and to think he died in that room not a penny ...spitting blood...from tuberculosis.... nowhere to go ...nothing to do.

Forum List

Back