Football is Over

Just as I expected:

Viewership for the Super Bowl and all of its associated programming was down year-over-year, with households tuning-in for the game itself down 15 per cent, according to data from Samba TV.

Some 32 million households tuned in, down from 37.6 million in 2020. Here’s how all of the programming looked on Sunday night:
  • Super Bowl LV pre-game show: down 13 per cent
  • Super Bowl LV: down 15 per cent
  • Super Bowl LV Halftime show: down 14 per cent
  • Presidential interview 2021: down 13 per cent
The lower ratings are the latest blow for the NFL this season, as household tune-ins have been down throughout the play-offs and the marquee Sunday and Monday night games.

Two weeks ago, the conference championship games were down 15 per cent and 17 per cent, while each game in the divisional round was down 20-23 per cent YoY and the wild card weekend games were down 21-30 per cent.

You are wrong about the Super Bowl ratings. Over 100 million households tuned in yesterday which was a 2% increase over last year. Millions more streamed it and watched it in bars. It's safe to say that half of America watched the game making it the most viewed television show in history.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it.
Dude, you're far afield from reality. The World Cup is watched by 3 times as many viewers as there are people in the US. Please try again. I swear it's like you don't bother even trying to say things that are provable, just that sound good.

Having watched football for the last 48 years, this is the first time ever that I am glad the season is over and the first time I am not looking forward to it coming back. While this has nothing to do with Tom Brady winning yet another Super Bowl it is more about what football has become and what took place in the 2020 season. This past season for me was disgusting, disappointing, and just plain uninteresting. Not just football but all sports have been ruined by the onset of this planned COVID-19 event among other political and social issues and events that have taken place.

While I expect many negative responses to this post, I am only writing this to vent my frustration and disgust with sports these days. I was lucky enough to have grown up in the 1970s and my teen years and young adult years in the 80s when sports were MUCH MUCH different. It's unfortunate today's young sports fan won't ever get to experience what we the older generation got to see first hand when athletes played for the game and not for money nor politics. As a professional writer, I am done writing about current sports and all my articles going forward will be about history. Sports has a rich history and so many athletes that were great role models and played with so much more passion.

When I first started watching sports, my first love was baseball. Then came football. I became a huge boxing fan. Football eventually surpassed baseball as the favorite sport, and then came the UFC for which I am now a big fan. But baseball in 2021? It is off my list. The one thing that sports in 2020 and thus far in 2021 has shown me is that there are far better things to occupy my time than to get wrapped up in the bullshit that consumes all sports.

Sports history is far more enjoyable for me that current day events. Again, I expect much backlash, name calling, slandering, etc. etc. etc. Have at it sports fans because I don’t expect anyone to agree with me this is just a personal opinion, all judgment is everyone’s right to speak how they feel, and this is how I feel.

For the record, I found it very odd that this commercial was recorded before the Super Bowl and would not you know it, the prediction rang true. Super Bowl LV smelled very bad, very fishy, and many will believe this was a complete setup to get Tom Brady another championship ring. Sports have been fixed for many years in certain cases and this one is glaringly obvious. This commercial gives it away.

I will not be posting any rebuttals to responses I receive on this because I expect them all to be negative.

Here are a few more wild things to make your head spin since you're into that kind of thing.

Tampa Bay Rays beat the Boston Red Sox “17-8” exactly “178” days before the Super Bowl. Of course Brady went from Boston to Tampa.

Tom Brady's win in Super Bowl “LV” was his “34th” all time playoff win. L is the “12th” letter in the alphabet so L = 12. V is the “22nd” letter in the alphabet, so V= 22. 12 + 22 = “34”

Cloud Atlas. It's all connected! (or is it pre-scripted with easter eggs for the OCD people to find, like some people think? LOL). I got those figures from elsewhere, BTW. I don't have nearly enough time in my day to think of stuff like this. I think the T-Mobile commercial was just clever marketing, which was actually funny for a change. It wasn't exactly a wild prediction at that point. I've been predicting the Bucs would win it all since Brady was signed, but I'm a Bucs fan born and raised in Tampa, after all.

Just as I expected:

Viewership for the Super Bowl and all of its associated programming was down year-over-year, with households tuning-in for the game itself down 15 per cent, according to data from Samba TV.

Some 32 million households tuned in, down from 37.6 million in 2020. Here’s how all of the programming looked on Sunday night:
The lower ratings are the latest blow for the NFL this season, as household tune-ins have been down throughout the play-offs and the marquee Sunday and Monday night games.

Two weeks ago, the conference championship games were down 15 per cent and 17 per cent, while each game in the divisional round was down 20-23 per cent YoY and the wild card weekend games were down 21-30 per cent.

You are wrong about the Super Bowl ratings. Over 100 million households tuned in yesterday which was a 2% increase over last year. Millions more streamed it and watched it in bars. It's safe to say that half of America watched the game making it the most viewed television show in history.

Dude, you're far afield from reality. The World Cup is watched by 3 times as many viewers as there are people in the US. Please try again. I swear it's like you don't bother even trying to say things that are provable, just that sound good.

I'm talking the US - Not the world. Soccer ratings for Women's World Cup have been very good, but not Super Bowl levels.

Super Bowl LV smelled very bad, very fishy, and many will believe this was a complete setup to get Tom Brady another championship ring.

An odd view considering that KC shouldn't have even been in the game yesterday, they SHOULD have lost to Cleveland but for a major flub by a referee to call a 15 yard penalty on KC right in front of him then to actually REWARD KC for the helmet hit.

Sure is a funny way of throwing the game to Brady, a guy that Goodall doesn't like, to put in the game the ONE TEAM surely capable of beating him!

Many people believe that it was disrespectful of white Tom Brady to win the superbowl during black history month. He should have thrown the game so the black guy could win.
Which of course if they stopped to think about it, would be insulting to the very idea of Black History Month by insinuating that "the black guy" couldn't win on his own merits. I think that kind of condescension has long been discredited.
Always interesting to hear what GOP racists have to say....
Let us know when you hear one. In the meantime, do you think it would honor the "black guy's" hard work and talent to ease off and "let" him win?
More conspiracy nut job garbage, brainwashed functional moron.

Having watched football for the last 48 years, this is the first time ever that I am glad the season is over and the first time I am not looking forward to it coming back. While this has nothing to do with Tom Brady winning yet another Super Bowl it is more about what football has become and what took place in the 2020 season. This past season for me was disgusting, disappointing, and just plain uninteresting. Not just football but all sports have been ruined by the onset of this planned COVID-19 event among other political and social issues and events that have taken place.

While I expect many negative responses to this post, I am only writing this to vent my frustration and disgust with sports these days. I was lucky enough to have grown up in the 1970s and my teen years and young adult years in the 80s when sports were MUCH MUCH different. It's unfortunate today's young sports fan won't ever get to experience what we the older generation got to see first hand when athletes played for the game and not for money nor politics. As a professional writer, I am done writing about current sports and all my articles going forward will be about history. Sports has a rich history and so many athletes that were great role models and played with so much more passion.

When I first started watching sports, my first love was baseball. Then came football. I became a huge boxing fan. Football eventually surpassed baseball as the favorite sport, and then came the UFC for which I am now a big fan. But baseball in 2021? It is off my list. The one thing that sports in 2020 and thus far in 2021 has shown me is that there are far better things to occupy my time than to get wrapped up in the bullshit that consumes all sports.

Sports history is far more enjoyable for me that current day events. Again, I expect much backlash, name calling, slandering, etc. etc. etc. Have at it sports fans because I don’t expect anyone to agree with me this is just a personal opinion, all judgment is everyone’s right to speak how they feel, and this is how I feel.

For the record, I found it very odd that this commercial was recorded before the Super Bowl and would not you know it, the prediction rang true. Super Bowl LV smelled very bad, very fishy, and many will believe this was a complete setup to get Tom Brady another championship ring. Sports have been fixed for many years in certain cases and this one is glaringly obvious. This commercial gives it away.

I will not be posting any rebuttals to responses I receive on this because I expect them all to be negative.

They need to cap the players salaries at $15/hour

Just as I expected:

Oregon has opened their bars? Wow!

Many people believe that it was disrespectful of white Tom Brady to win the superbowl during black history month. He should have thrown the game so the black guy could win.
Which of course if they stopped to think about it, would be insulting to the very idea of Black History Month by insinuating that "the black guy" couldn't win on his own merits. I think that kind of condescension has long been discredited.
Let us know when you hear one. In the meantime, do you think it would honor the "black guy's" hard work and talent to ease off and "let" him win?
Hmmm, you refuse to answer a simple question and weakly try to deflect onto the poster, not the post. Normally that means you don't have a good answer that counters what I've said and doesn't make you look stupid. Want to try answering the question instead? You should know by now that I don't follow many deflections.

Just as I expected:

Here are the viewership totals of both. Not even close.

You crack me up! Thanks for the laughs.

Just as I expected:

Here are the viewership totals of both. Not even close.
Like I said, he posted something he thought sounded good, not anything factual.

A link for where you got your stats? I linked mine above.

The same place that jabbering retard gets all of his information.

1612812970866.png

somone explain to me why everyone has to respond with insults, name calling, and slandering? How old are you people...really? Sounds like a bunch of immature teenagers to me...These are supposed to be opinionated conversations not a slam fest. :mad:

somone explain to me why everyone has to respond with insults, name calling, and slandering? How old are you people...really? Sounds like a bunch of immature teenagers to me...These are supposed to be opinionated conversations not a slam fest. :mad:
Crickets....
1612814991244.png

Just as I expected:

Oregon has opened their bars? Wow!

Yes - Two weeks ago apparently. Restaurants too but only at 1/4 capacity. We are doing fairly well on cases, hospitalizations and inoculations thanks to Biden and my governor Kate Brown. Had an invite to join my neighbors for the SB at a local sports bar. Personally, I'll avoid until I get two shots.

Last edited:

You're very sensitive, kitten.

Just as I expected:

Fuck all that. WTF happened to Stanley ?

Forum List

Back