For All Those Who Believe It Isn't Illegal to Be Racist, You Still Think So?

In your opinion, is it's illegal to be a racist?

• No, It's my right

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No, as long as I don't harm anyone else

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Yes, our laws prohibit it

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
The first thing that would need to be done if racism were to be made illegal, is to define what is racism.

Currently, the most racist thing in America (Affirmative Action), victimizing, by far, the largest amount of people, is still legal in 42 states.

It's carried on every day, with no one even breaking a sweat.
I think the state of Washington has that covered (see my post #19). You think the FBI is hanging out there because they don't have anything better to do?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The first thing that would need to be done if racism were to be made illegal, is to define what is racism.

Currently, the most racist thing in America (Affirmative Action), victimizing, by far, the largest amount of people, is still legal in 42 states.

You going to tell yourself that lie for the rest of your life? I bet around 2034 you'll be wanting AA to be legal everywhere. That's how crybabies like you operate.

Which part are you more upset about? That I was given the same opportunities as others? Or that I made as much of those opportunities as I have?

Nothing in that article indicated it is illegal to be racist. I have no idea why you posted this OP with that title and this article.
I have had several US Message Board members tell me that they can be as racist as they want and that being a racist is not illegal. I beg to differ as it would appear that the state of Washington has provided very clearly that malicious harassment which involves targeting anyone due to their actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, national original, etc. is punishable as a class c felony as well as civilly.

The fact that the FBI is now involved didn't clue you all in?
Hate speech is not the same as hate crimes, such as crimes committed motivated by racial animus, threats (assault), or other violent acts racially motivated.

Hate speech is entitled to Constitutional protections – those protections end when hate speech advocates for imminent lawlessness or violence.

Consequently, being racist is not illegal provided the racist has not crossed the line into actual criminality.

Malicious harassment as defined by Washington State law would be a form of assault, where the racist has crossed that line into actual criminality, exposing him to prosecution.

But it is the criminal act being prosecuted motivated by racism, not the individual’s racism absent the criminal act.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Respectfully snipped.

Hello, NewsVine_Mariyam. I sincerely believe black or American citizens of African descent hold the power to END THE HATE and IGNORANCE embraced by a fading population of Americans espousing White Supremacist or embracing racist beliefs.

How you ask?

By honestly addressing and ENDING the HATE, fvvkery, buffoonery, atrocities and other human dysfunction, currently depreciating the Quality of Life, as well as impugning the image of black American citizens.

NewsVine_Mariyam, the reason you NEVER reply to my commentary is clear.

Obviously you have no intelligent reply to issues raised by this caring, responsible woman supporting my assertions, based on 12 years of my personal observations, that American moms of color are doing great harm to our Nation's young.

A woman I greatly admire for her civil honesty and her ability to bravely ask questions that cause folks to go-silent, flee, or illogically resort to calling her nasty names.

"Black women are destroying themselves and black men" ~BlacksUnited - Erika, Published on Mar 7, 2014

WAKA FLOCKA DEBRA ANTNEY_2.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Nothing in that article indicated it is illegal to be racist. I have no idea why you posted this OP with that title and this article.
I have had several US Message Board members tell me that they can be as racist as they want and that being a racist is not illegal. I beg to differ as it would appear that the state of Washington has provided very clearly that malicious harassment which involves targeting anyone due to their actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, national original, etc. is punishable as a class c felony as well as civilly.

You're assuming that a person is both a racist and acts on their racism illegally.

A person can be a racist but not act on it illegally. In fact, that's usually the case.

Flawed premise.

you are confused. just BEING RACIST is still not a crime.
One must either commit a crime against the target of one's
racism or, at least, INCITE. I can sit at home and despise
martians as much as I like. ---I have harbored a specific hatred against MING (of mars) ever since he bothered my
heartthrob-----buster crabbe----sometime in the early 1950s.
When do you think that brother Farrakhan will be criminally
prosecuted for racist incitement? The ugly chick in California
""what-her-name"' will be jailed soon? (sheeesh----I hope
I have not incited against martians)

You're assuming that a person is both a racist and acts on their racism illegally.

A person can be a racist but not act on it illegally. In fact, that's usually the case.

Flawed premise.

mad1958 you are too young to know MING OF MARS.
There is a whole host of batman enemies-----but hardly
representatives of any race

As others have already pointed out, the malicious harassment involves another crime, not simply racism. Racism itself is still completely legal, it is only when it becomes the motivation for another action that criminality comes into play.

It is sad and shameful that people are actually here defending the legality of racism.

It is sad and shameful that people are actually here defending the legality of racism.

Do you prefer authoritarianism? Thought crime? Bad beliefs are covered by the same freedoms as good ones. Racism being legal doesn't mean it is good. It just means the government shouldn't be able to persecute people for what they believe. If the racists act on their racism, that's different.

Is it shameful that people admire and support this child abusing/maltreating, VIOLENCE and HATE embracing American MOTHER of eight?

Is racism responsible for Child Abuse Victim Debra Antney's apparent HOMICIDAL/SUICIDAL thinking son promoting hate and violence against his American neighbors?

WAKA FLOCKA DEBRA ANTNEY_2.jpg
Peace.

Hate speech is not the same as hate crimes, such as crimes committed motivated by racial animus, threats (assault), or other violent acts racially motivated.

Hate speech is entitled to Constitutional protections – those protections end when hate speech advocates for imminent lawlessness or violence.

Consequently, being racist is not illegal provided the racist has not crossed the line into actual criminality.

Malicious harassment as defined by Washington State law would be a form of assault, where the racist has crossed that line into actual criminality, exposing him to prosecution.

But it is the criminal act being prosecuted motivated by racism, not the individual’s racism absent the criminal act.
The malicious harassment statute does not require that the person actually take action, only that they threaten to do so.

I've seen threats of this nature here on U.S. Message Board, most of which were surrounded by some rather rabid racist and bigoted comments.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

The malicious harassment statute does not require that the person actually take action, only that they threaten to do so.

I've seen threats of this nature here on U.S. Message Board, most of which were surrounded by some rather rabid racist and bigoted comments.

A threat is an action. Threatening someone absent racism is still, in some cases, a crime.

Racism itself is not illegal anywhere in the US that I know of. Anyone can be a bigot, but they cannot break the law in expressing or acting upon that bigotry.

Do you prefer authoritarianism? Thought crime? Bad beliefs are covered by the same freedoms as good ones. Racism being legal doesn't mean it is good. It just means the government shouldn't be able to persecute people for what they believe. If the racists act on their racism, that's different.

It's easy to say that when you are white, but those of us who live with less freedom because of racism say racism is authoritarian.

Is it shameful that people admire and support this child abusing/maltreating, VIOLENCE and HATE embracing American MOTHER of eight?

Is racism responsible for Child Abuse Victim Debra Antney's apparent HOMICIDAL/SUICIDAL thinking son promoting hate and violence against his American neighbors?

Peace.

Yep. Racism is abuse, and victims of abuse in many cases do have anger issues. You just don't get it. Rap is not the problem.

Last edited:

You want government to have the power to dictate not only what you're allowed to express, but what you're allowed to think, feel, and believe?

The government can't dictate what you think feel or believe no matter how hard it tries. Black know his well as blacks have been beaten, killed and jailed because we refuse to think, feel, and believe what whites want us to. So defending racism with that excuse is weak.

Forum List

Back