For Seniors:How to Get Men to Approach You

proudsenior

Rookie
Apr 8, 2013
Want to know a secret to attracting a wonderful man, ladies? Be seen in public in a joyful mood.

It sounds simple, doesn't it? But many single women have trouble attaining such a playful mood in public, and accomplishing it takes self-mastery and focused intent -- which will immediately put you in a category apart from all others.

A happy and spontaneous woman who's obviously in a leisure moment, and not too occupied to pay attention to social overtures, is much more likely to receive attention than a woman who's rushing somewhere on a vital mission, head bowed in anxiety, face stiff with the fear of an unwanted approach. And most single women in public act as though they want to avoid what they actually wish would happen: that a man of Robert Redford-like charm would make intriguing small talk with them.

Feeling confident in public places widens the range of eligible men to whom a single woman will be exposed. And it lessens the chances of being approached by the truly predatory, who are more interested in the wounded, fearful, and anxious. Easier said than done? Nonsense.

Want to know a secret to attracting a wonderful man, ladies? Be seen in public in a joyful mood.

It sounds simple, doesn't it? But many single women have trouble attaining such a playful mood in public, and accomplishing it takes self-mastery and focused intent -- which will immediately put you in a category apart from all others.

A happy and spontaneous woman who's obviously in a leisure moment, and not too occupied to pay attention to social overtures, is much more likely to receive attention than a woman who's rushing somewhere on a vital mission, head bowed in anxiety, face stiff with the fear of an unwanted approach. And most single women in public act as though they want to avoid what they actually wish would happen: that a man of Robert Redford-like charm would make intriguing small talk with them.

Feeling confident in public places widens the range of eligible men to whom a single woman will be exposed. And it lessens the chances of being approached by the truly predatory, who are more interested in the wounded, fearful, and anxious. Easier said than done? Nonsense.

Yanno......................if you actually look like the person in your avatar, I'd be willing to approach (and maybe even more if you'd let me) you.

But.....................joyful doesn't necessarily attract me, you've gotta be smart and open minded as well.

Additionally..................you don't have to appear confident (especially if you're not), you just have to be real.

But then again.................what do I really know? I'm just a retired U.S. Navy sailor.

ABiker wrote: Additionally..................you don't have to appear confident (especially if you're not), you just have to be real.

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... the old 'Fake it till you make it'...

... is usually the trademark of a liar...

... or a hypocrite - or both.
:cool:

I know where Proudsenior's coming from. A few years back I was on a social networking site looking up my old schoolmates, and was stunned by one's entry.

Her profile pic was, shall we say, less than flattering. It was taken at a bad angle, she was slouching and looked depressed and uninterested, her hair was in dire need of a cut and style, and her ensemble was an unappealing dull brown blazer over an off-white t-shirt and faded grey mom jeans.

The caption read: "I want a man who will accept me as I am."

I'm a feminist, I don't believe women should have to be girly girls and completely reliant on a man for identity and purpose, but at the same time, jeez, you've got to bring something to the table.

The same applies to men. Either gender, whatever your orientation: what kind of person are you looking for? Do you meet those standards yourself?

Anyone remember the late 60s perfume commercial with the hook line?

Want him to be more of a man?

Be more of a woman.​

Want to know why aging men and women cannot hook up?

Because older men and women need mates about as much as fish need bicycles.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gender :doubt: equality.

It was the same thing when I was much younger. I noticed when I entered a room full of people I got a lot more attention from men when I was all happy and smiling and laughing about something.

Makes sense that the same principle would apply as we get older.

Forum List

Back