For the moron's who think Terry Schaivo can't recover

OCA said:
Its in their every statement, they say that they want the tube reinserted and believe that there is a chance at rehabilitation, nowhere in their public statements can you find record of them saying we just want to be with Terri these last few days of her life for comfort reasons. They solely want the tube reinserted for an indeterminent amount of time.
and the problem with that is ??---listen right now they will say anything so she doesn't die in the next few minutes

dilloduck said:
and the problem with that is ??---listen right now they will say anything so she doesn't die in the next few minutes

The problem is reality Dillo, there simply isn't any way she is recovering. We can argue all day long about how she got this way but as of today the reality is she is brain dead, no recovery. In my view if the parents were truely merciful they would say please stop her suffering now, give her a lethal injection instead of this slow starvation shit, let her move on to the next plateau.

OCA said:
The problem is reality Dillo, there simply isn't any way she is recovering. We can argue all day long about how she got this way but as of today the reality is she is brain dead, no recovery. In my view if the parents were truely merciful they would say please stop her suffering now, give her a lethal injection instead of this slow starvation shit, let her move on to the next plateau.

I agree with you but her hubby wouldn't even let em do that !

OCA said:
You know that is not what the parents are arguing for. They are arguing to keep their daughter alive as a vegetable for who knows how many more years or decades.

No, that is not what the Schindlers are arguing for. They share the same belief as other doctors who have examined Terri and believe that she can be rehabilitated. They also, along with Terri's friends who have known her all her life, do not believe Michael Schiavo's story that Terri said she did not want to be kept alive in a vegetative state. There is real reason to believe that Terri is not in a permanent vegetative state, as is being claimed.

As you are aware, the doctor who examined Terri (the one who asked her to follow the balloon on the video) spent 45 minutes with her and made his decision, which is the basis of all the court decisions. Contrast this with what the Nobel Peace Prize doctor said who examined Terri over a period of 10 hours. This is the Nobel Peace Prize doctor's field of expertise, and he should know who can and who cannot be rehabilitated.

Adam's Apple said:
No, that is not what the Schindlers are arguing for. They share the same belief as other doctors who have examined Terri and believe that she can be rehabilitated. They also, along with Terri's friends who have known her all her life, do not believe Michael Schiavo's story that Terri said she did not want to be kept alive in a vegetative state. There is real reason to believe that Terri is not in a permanent vegetative state, as is being claimed.

As you are aware, the doctor who examined Terri (the one who asked her to follow the balloon on the video) spent 45 minutes with her and made his decision, which is the basis of all the court decisions. Contrast this with what the Nobel Peace Prize doctor said who examined Terri over a period of 10 hours. This is the Nobel Peace Prize doctor's field of expertise, and he should know who can and who cannot be rehabilitated.

Complete grasping at straws, makes me sad.

Adam's Apple said:

One more point on this, the doctor who saw her for 45 whole minutes also believes people in vegetative states have no constitutionl rights..........

Adam's Apple said:
As you are aware, the doctor who examined Terri (the one who asked her to follow the balloon on the video) spent 45 minutes with her and made his decision, which is the basis of all the court decisions.

This simply isn't true. She has been examined by doctors from his side, her parents' side, and an independent doctor appointed by the court. Testimony from all of the doctors was admitted into evidence and considered. All of the doctors agreed on the severity of the damage. There was only the one who thinks she can be rehab'd and the judge found his reasoning lacking.

MissileMan said:
This simply isn't true. She has been examined by doctors from his side, her parents' side, and an independent doctor appointed by the court. Testimony from all of the doctors was admitted into evidence and considered. All of the doctors agreed on the severity of the damage. There was only the one who thinks she can be rehab'd and the judge found his reasoning lacking.
so kill everyone that can't be rehab'd ? why?

dilloduck said:
so kill everyone that can't be rehab'd ? why?

I wish you'd make up your mind. You just spent 2 days ranting that Michael was remiss in not allowing her to die 15 years ago, and now you're arguing to keep her alive again.

MissileMan said:
I wish you'd make up your mind. You just spent 2 days ranting that Michael was remiss in not allowing her to die 15 years ago, and now you're arguing to keep her alive again.

I still am arguing the same point------if he didn't let her die like he was SUPPOSED too years ago, his insistance to do so now is full of shit----he's only on a power trip and not interested in a damn thing about Terri or her supposed wishes--he's incompetant so yank him.
Someone else could even kill more humanely than starvation!

dilloduck said:
Someone else could even kill more humanely than starvation!

She feels hunger or starvation as much as a potato or carrot.

Have you ever starved a carrot?

Itsthetruth said:

Why are you so adamant about killing her and so opposed to her parents having her??? This kind of thinking makes no sense to me at all??

Itsthetruth said:

You are a really twisted person if you are trying to compare a human being to a carrot.

She is not a carrot. She is not a Potato. She is a human being. She has been given certain inallienable rights which we have just seen the courts rob from her.

She can smile. she can laugh. She can enjoy the company of loved ones. Heck she could probably talk and eat if her husband had just given her the rehab he said he would when he got won his law suit. She is aware of whats going on to her. Tell me why do you want her to die so much? What makes you better than the Nazi's who killed handicap people because they are handicap when you want to do the same thing?

Have you ever gone without food for longer than a day? Its not fun. In fact its a very unpleasant way to exist. I know because Ive gone several weeks without food before.

Outrage
by Molly Ivins

RELEASE: TUESDAY, MARCH 22, 2005,

For your information, while he was governor of Texas, George W. Bush signed the Advanced Directives Act in 1999, which gives hospitals the right to remove life support in cases where there is no possibility of revival, when the family cannot pay, no matter what the family's wishes are in the matter. In Texas, you can only live in a persistent vegetative state if you are accepted in one of the few institutions that provide such care or if your family is both willing and able to take care of you.

The very Republicans who pushed for this arrogant, interfering bill, which if used across the board would take away everyone's right to make their own decisions in these awful cases, are the same people who voted to cut Medicaid, which pays for the care of people like Terry Schiavo across the country.

How can a bunch of blowhard television pundits with no medical training whatsoever conclude anything about Terry Schiavo's condition from watching a few seconds of edited videotape? Where on earth do they get the nerve to make any pronouncements about her condition?

Who are these professional anti-abortion activists who think they have the right to make decisions about someone else's life? Those who think letting someone who is critically brain dead die is the same as Auschwitz are incapable of making moral distinctions.

http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv

You are a really twisted person if you are trying to compare a human being to a carrot.

She is not a carrot. She is not a Potato. She is a human being. She has been given certain inallienable rights which we have just seen the courts rob from her.

She can smile. she can laugh. She can enjoy the company of loved ones. Heck she could probably talk and eat if her husband had just given her the rehab he said he would when he got won his law suit. She is aware of whats going on to her. Tell me why do you want her to die so much? What makes you better than the Nazi's who killed handicap people because they are handicap when you want to do the same thing?

Have you ever gone without food for longer than a day? Its not fun. In fact its a very unpleasant way to exist. I know because Ive gone several weeks without food before.

You went without food for several weeks? For whatever reason that you had to go through it, I am sorry. That sounds terrible.

She doesn't have an inalienable right to life. She merely can't be deprived of life without due process. Putting aside that courts have found that these are her wishes, she has had due process.

Itsthetruth said:

would you just please answer one question------why must she die now after 15 years of being assisted to stay alive? Who will it benefit ?

dilloduck said:
would you just please answer one question------why must she die now after 15 years of being assisted to stay alive? Who will it benefit ?

Because the courts have determined it was her wish. Even if it would have been better if the feeding tube had never been given to her (and I don't think that would have been better), late in this case is better than never.

ReillyT said:
You went without food for several weeks? For whatever reason that you had to go through it, I am sorry. That sounds terrible.

She doesn't have an inalienable right to life. She merely can't be deprived of life without due process. Putting aside that courts have found that these are her wishes, she has had due process.

It wasn't very fun. i did lose like forty lbs. I dont recomend doing it that way though.

What crime has she committed that she has had due process for and been convicted of? As long as she is innocent of any crime the government doesn't have a right to order her life taken. She does have an inalianable right to life. Its a natural right and the court has no right to take it.

Considering how many facts there are that the court hasnt even looked at i done know how you could claim she has had due process anyway.

ReillyT said:
Because the courts have determined it was her wish. Even if it would have been better if the feeding tube had never been given to her (and I don't think that would have been better), late in this case is better than never.
So we have to kill her to protect the courts and the rule of law?

Forum List

Back