'Boiling with anger': Social media erupts after Trump Q&A disaster with Black reporters

LOL you know Trump knocked it out of the park when this is their reaction:

IMG_6716.jpeg

ReeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEERE!!!!!!!!

Former President Donald Trump's appearance at the National Association of Black Journalists Convention on Wednesday was met with fierce backlash on social media, after the former president ranted off-topic for much of the discussion, and complained that the microphones weren't working.

In addition to insulting the Black journalists who interviewed him, the MAGA hopeful also claimed not to know the race of his opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, whose mother was Indian, and whose father is Jamaican.

Responding to whether he will denounce Republicans who claim Harris is a "DEI hire," Trump said the vice president "was Indian all the way, and then all of a sudden, she made a turn and she went, she became a Black person."

MSNBC's Symone Sanders wrote via X: "Okay people let’s not just repeat Donald Trump’s claims about Vice President Harris without saying what he said about the VP is both false and rooted in racism."

Ex-Trump communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin commented: "These comments won’t just hurt him with the black community. Most Americans (but apparently not Trump!) understand the concept of being biracial and that to talk this way about anyone’s race is offensive."

Washington Post columnist Karen Attiah emphasized: "Room is boiling with anger and disappointment right now."

Speaking to other issues Trump was asked about, NPR investigative correspondent Tom Dreisbach noted: "Trump says he would pardon Jan. 6 rioters convicted of assaulting police, because 'they were convicted by a very, very tough system.' Approximately 140 officers were injured that day."

Just can't hide it when you are a racist.

He just can't help himself, now watch the racist flock here to defend him.
Why didn't the Black journalists invite Kamala Harris? We all know that would have compelled them to ask questions they dare not ask. Like "Why do you call yourself an African American"?

I listened to it, can not find the transcript yet but I think a few things need to be said.
The event was apparently a half hour late, and the pa system was screwed up. It was difficult to hear what was being said, and that was noted by Trump and Faulkner during the interview. I don't want to point fingers, but it seems a little incompetent to hold an event, late, and screw up the sound.
The first reporter out of the gate started with a statement clearly hostile to trump. Personally, I hate interviews like that. That person was trying to make it about her, while wasting everyone else's time. When will these people learn they aren't the story. The presidential candidate is the story.
Given that kind of start to this event, if I had been in Trump's position, I would not have been near as nice about it as he was.

Former President Donald Trump's appearance at the National Association of Black Journalists Convention on Wednesday was met with fierce backlash on social media, after the former president ranted off-topic for much of the discussion, and complained that the microphones weren't working.

In addition to insulting the Black journalists who interviewed him, the MAGA hopeful also claimed not to know the race of his opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, whose mother was Indian, and whose father is Jamaican.

Responding to whether he will denounce Republicans who claim Harris is a "DEI hire," Trump said the vice president "was Indian all the way, and then all of a sudden, she made a turn and she went, she became a Black person."

MSNBC's Symone Sanders wrote via X: "Okay people let’s not just repeat Donald Trump’s claims about Vice President Harris without saying what he said about the VP is both false and rooted in racism."

Ex-Trump communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin commented: "These comments won’t just hurt him with the black community. Most Americans (but apparently not Trump!) understand the concept of being biracial and that to talk this way about anyone’s race is offensive."

Washington Post columnist Karen Attiah emphasized: "Room is boiling with anger and disappointment right now."

Speaking to other issues Trump was asked about, NPR investigative correspondent Tom Dreisbach noted: "Trump says he would pardon Jan. 6 rioters convicted of assaulting police, because 'they were convicted by a very, very tough system.' Approximately 140 officers were injured that day."

As a person of color, I am reviewing the interview as I type this:

1) I feel no disrespect. I am what I am, he is what he is.

2) what mr trump said about the cost of energy rings absolutely true. This is a fact about civilization.

3) What mr trump said about a rude introduction rings true. See it for yourself.

4) Reporter: "a woman was shot by a deputy sherif would get immunity under your admin" T: "no, I don't think so, what were the circumstances...I didn't like what I saw if it was...Let's support our law enforcement who do a tough job" R: "What are your limits?" T: pivot to biden R2: "Cat ladies" comment from VP pick.."Did you know you had these views?" T: "He is a great family man. ...strongly beilieves in families..." R: Should the election be put in illegal immagrant hands? T: It is a problem R: why did you choose JD Vance T: he is a strong believer in the working man and woman, they were treated unfairly, he's a very smart guy, he got into yale law school, started off with a difficult family situation, became top student, great military distinction, public offerings and other things; I have a lot of respect for someone like that that came from a tough situatoin and became a great success"
[talk about assasination, T could not understand]

Is Vance ready on day one? T: VP pick is not significant, it makes no difference, historically. If you like me, I'm gonna win, if you don't, I wont win

Abortion topic brough up: T: Democrat party is radical about abortion, allowing killing baby in 9th month...everybody wanted it back to the states...I belive in exceptions, personally, based on many other presidents, This issue has torn our country appart, but the decision is allowing people to vote on it, and you are seeing it in many states. [other comments]

R: still be president at 82 if you win, will you be capable? T: some of greatest leaders were in their 80's [more talk....T admits he thinks all candidates should take an apptitude test, at all stages , he volunteers, I would love to take a congnitive test, Kamala didn't pass her bar exam, maybe she wouldn't pass a cognitive test, who knows?

a few more minutes which I will leave to the viewer

They thought they were going to ask the "tough" questions and put him on the defensive.

He turned it around on them and went on offense.

Trump don't back down and I like it.

Shortly after trump's appearance, David Duke released a statement that said. "Damn Donald, you need to back off with all that crap. You're making us all look bad.

Right or Wrong.. Trump was not being RACIST.. He was making a jab at his political opponent for identifying as one race, and then identifying as another, when it became politically expedient.

Yep, Democrats have thin skins... but then again its also politically expedient to cry racism at every possible turn.
AT Least, Trump had the balls to speak his mind in a room full of black reporters , obviously because he has self confidence in what he was trying to say.
Every OTHER politician always change what they say depending on the crowd they are speaking too.

THATS a FACT... and Biden has been one of the worst.

Right or Wrong.. Trump was not being RACIST.. He was making a jab at his political opponent for identifying as one race, and then identifying as another, when it became politically expedient.

Yep, Democrats have thin skins... but then again its also politically expedient to cry racism at every possible turn.
AT Least, Trump had the balls to speak his mind in a room full of black reporters , obviously because he has self confidence in what he was trying to say.
Every OTHER politician always change what they say depending on the crowd they are speaking too.

THATS a FACT... and Biden has been one of the worst.
Trump is racist. No idea why you MAGAs want to pretend otherwise.

You know Trump is not just a racist, he's very ignorant, as are many of his followers.

One of the reasons we know so much about the racist past of our country is because the racists back then, with the full backing of United States society and legal system were very comfortable expressing their racists thoughts and points of view, many times in writing. Because it was not actionable back then and certainly not unlawful. Hell it's not actually unlawful in the year 2024 to be a racist unless you act on those racist thoughts & beliefs to the detriment of another person. Most of the time if that other person is Black and you're in a particular occupation, then not even then.

I'm saying all of this to try to point out that these people have no sense of self-awareness and would swear all day long and be offended were you to point out to them that their comments and behavior(s) are indicative of a supremacist mindset. Indicative that they are indeed a racist.

I don't know why that makes them so mad, it's not like they have no control over what comes out of their mouths even if they can't control their true beliefs and thoughts.

I read your remarks. They were stupid and didn't justify trump's racist remarks. Just because your MAGA brainwashing prevents you from admitting his racism doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
why I oughta...if this was only in the badlands, oh boy

Please specify what "racist" remarks potus 45/47 made?

why I oughta...if this was only in the badlands, oh boy

Please specify what "racist" remarks potus 45/47 made?
No. We all are aware of the childishly racist things he has said. If you refuse to acknowledge his racism from that, you'll not acknowledge anything I'll tell you. MAGAs are a lost cause who really would not have your opinion changed if he really did shoot someone on 5th avenue.

Forum List

Back