Forbes: Trump Exaggerating His Net Worth (By 100%) In Presidential Bid

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Campaign exaggerations are as much a part of politics as kissing babies. In announcing his bid for the Republican presidential nomination this morning, Donald Trump started with what Forbes believes is a whopper. He claimed his net worth was nearly $9 billion. We figure it’s closer to $4 billion — $4.1 billion to be exact.

This discrepancy is noteworthy, since Trump’s financial success – he put his fortune at exactly $8,737,540,000 — is core to his candidacy. “I’m proud of my net worth. I’ve done an amazing job,” said Trump at his circus-like announcement, before referencing his autobiography. “We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.”

Since 1982, Forbes has been tracking Trump’s net worth in great detail. That’s more than thirty years. Over those decades, we have worked both with him and outside experts who can help us come up with a fair market valuation of his assets. Every year, Trump shares a lot of information with us that helps us get to the figures we publish. But he also consistently pushes for a higher net worth—especially when it comes to the value of his personal brand.

Much More: Trump Exaggerating His Net Worth By 100% In Presidential Bid - Forbes

Wow, exaggerating his net worth by 100% is quite a stretch.

Didn't Hillary lie about her net worth when she stole the furniture out of the White House?????

Campaign exaggerations are as much a part of politics as kissing babies. In announcing his bid for the Republican presidential nomination this morning, Donald Trump started with what Forbes believes is a whopper. He claimed his net worth was nearly $9 billion. We figure it’s closer to $4 billion — $4.1 billion to be exact.

This discrepancy is noteworthy, since Trump’s financial success – he put his fortune at exactly $8,737,540,000 — is core to his candidacy. “I’m proud of my net worth. I’ve done an amazing job,” said Trump at his circus-like announcement, before referencing his autobiography. “We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.”

Since 1982, Forbes has been tracking Trump’s net worth in great detail. That’s more than thirty years. Over those decades, we have worked both with him and outside experts who can help us come up with a fair market valuation of his assets. Every year, Trump shares a lot of information with us that helps us get to the figures we publish. But he also consistently pushes for a higher net worth—especially when it comes to the value of his personal brand.

Much More: Trump Exaggerating His Net Worth By 100% In Presidential Bid - Forbes

To be fair, he proably meant he will be worth that after 8 years on office.

Didn't Hillary lie about her net worth when she stole the furniture out of the White House?????

Hillary says she is poor. Donald says he is twice as rich.

Together they would make a good balanced ticket

He should have said he was dead broke so he and Hillary could start out dead even.

I look forward to seeing Hillary and Donald debate "real" issues.

Donny has a major problem with the truth.
And Hildabeast doesn't? ROFLMAO
hillary-clinton.jpg

Right.

For example, should the state recognize the marriage of illegal aliens?

Should the state marry recognize a marriage of a transgender if they have been married to someone prior and not given a divorce?

These are all questions that I have.

He claimed his net worth was nearly $9 billion. We figure it’s closer to $4 billion — $4.1 billion to be exact.

Ahahaha name another multi-billionaire candidate in the race fool. You libs are desperate :laugh: Is it too early to begin mocking the libs with TRUUUUUUUUUUMP lol

Right.

For example, should the state recognize the marriage of illegal aliens?

Should the state marry recognize a marriage of a transgender if they have been married to someone prior and not given a divorce?

These are all questions that I have.

You're obviously a very deep thinker.

Hillary grandparents

NPR is talking about this today.

What really gets under Trump’s skin? A reporter questioning his net worth

If you really want to piss Trump off, ask him what he is worth and don't believe what he tells you.

If you ask him, the building or resort with his name is worth a half billion dollars. But what is it really worth? He ain't no billionaire.

But be careful. Trump will sue your ass if you question what he is worth. He has a pet peeve. Go get it Hillary!!!!

Shitting Bull didn't think this through before posting LOL
Donald Trump said last month that he wants to “open up” the nation’s libel laws to make it easier for public figures to sue the news media. The Republican Party’s leading candidate may have been speaking from personal experience: Trump has already sued a journalist for libel — and lost in humiliating fashion.

Trump went to court in early 2006, claiming that he had been libeled in the book “TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald,” by Timothy L. O’Brien, then a business reporter at the New York Times. The book briefly addressed Trump’s claims about his net worth, which was then, as it is now, the subject of a great deal of bluster, speculation and opacity.

O’Brien concluded that Trump was worth substantially less than what Trump publicly claimed, an assertion that prompted the business mogul to sue O’Brien and his publisher, Warner Books. He claimed harm to his business and sought $5 billion in damages.

How come Republicans aren't talking about frivolous lawsuits this year? Hmmmm?

The lawsuit is one of many that Trump has leveled at adversaries and former business partners over the years. But this one may have gone straight to the heart of Trump’s “brand.” Trump pursued it for five years, spending more than $1 million in legal fees, apparently to protect a fundamental aspect of his identity and mythos: That he is not merely very rich but clearly, most sincerely, super rich.

To Trump’s great exasperation, O’Brien showed that there are good reasons to doubt Trump’s assertion that he was worth “five to six billion” dollars in 2005. (In a campaign-disclosure form filed in July, Trump claimed he is now worth more than $10 billion.) Based on documents and interviews with Trump and his associates, O’Brien estimated that Trump had inflated his bankroll as much as 20 times over. Subtracting debts and other liabilities, O’Brien says, Trump’s net worth was pegged at $150 million to $250 million, based on estimates by people with direct knowledge of Trump’s finances.

One is Trump’s admission, under questioning from O’Brien’s attorneys during a deposition, that he relied on his own “feelings” to assess the value of his holdings.

A superior court judge in New Jersey ruled that Trump had no case and dismissed his suit in 2009. An appeals court affirmed that decision two years later.

If you really want to piss Trump off, ask him what he is worth and don't believe what he tells you.

If you ask him, the building or resort with his name is worth a half billion dollars. But what is it really worth? He ain't no billionaire.

But be careful. Trump will sue your ass if you question what he is worth. He has a pet peeve. Go get it Hillary!!!!

That reminds me of why I don't listen to NPR. Where is the evidence?

Forum List

Back