Forbes: Trump Exaggerating His Net Worth (By 100%) In Presidential Bid

Campaign exaggerations are as much a part of politics as kissing babies. In announcing his bid for the Republican presidential nomination this morning, Donald Trump started with what Forbes believes is a whopper. He claimed his net worth was nearly $9 billion. We figure it’s closer to $4 billion — $4.1 billion to be exact.

This discrepancy is noteworthy, since Trump’s financial success – he put his fortune at exactly $8,737,540,000 — is core to his candidacy. “I’m proud of my net worth. I’ve done an amazing job,” said Trump at his circus-like announcement, before referencing his autobiography. “We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.”

Since 1982, Forbes has been tracking Trump’s net worth in great detail. That’s more than thirty years. Over those decades, we have worked both with him and outside experts who can help us come up with a fair market valuation of his assets. Every year, Trump shares a lot of information with us that helps us get to the figures we publish. But he also consistently pushes for a higher net worth—especially when it comes to the value of his personal brand.

Much More: Trump Exaggerating His Net Worth By 100% In Presidential Bid - Forbes

Wow, exaggerating his net worth by 100% is quite a stretch.
NPR is talking about this today.

What really gets under Trump’s skin? A reporter questioning his net worth

If you really want to piss Trump off, ask him what he is worth and don't believe what he tells you.

If you ask him, the building or resort with his name is worth a half billion dollars. But what is it really worth? He ain't no billionaire.

But be careful. Trump will sue your ass if you question what he is worth. He has a pet peeve. Go get it Hillary!!!!
Campaign exaggerations are as much a part of politics as kissing babies. In announcing his bid for the Republican presidential nomination this morning, Donald Trump started with what Forbes believes is a whopper. He claimed his net worth was nearly $9 billion. We figure it’s closer to $4 billion — $4.1 billion to be exact.

This discrepancy is noteworthy, since Trump’s financial success – he put his fortune at exactly $8,737,540,000 — is core to his candidacy. “I’m proud of my net worth. I’ve done an amazing job,” said Trump at his circus-like announcement, before referencing his autobiography. “We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.”

Since 1982, Forbes has been tracking Trump’s net worth in great detail. That’s more than thirty years. Over those decades, we have worked both with him and outside experts who can help us come up with a fair market valuation of his assets. Every year, Trump shares a lot of information with us that helps us get to the figures we publish. But he also consistently pushes for a higher net worth—especially when it comes to the value of his personal brand.

Much More: Trump Exaggerating His Net Worth By 100% In Presidential Bid - Forbes

If you really want to piss Trump off, ask him what he is worth and don't believe what he tells you.

If you ask him, the building or resort with his name is worth a half billion dollars. But what is it really worth? He ain't no billionaire.

But be careful. Trump will sue your ass if you question what he is worth. He has a pet peeve. Go get it Hillary!!!!
That reminds me of why I don't listen to NPR. Where is the evidence?
Trump said in an interview that he knew he couldn’t win the suit but brought it anyway to make a point. “I spent a couple of bucks on legal fees, and they spent a whole lot more. I did it to make his life miserable, which I’m happy about.”

That reminds me of why I don't listen to NPR. Where is the evidence?
Trump said in an interview that he knew he couldn’t win the suit but brought it anyway to make a point. “I spent a couple of bucks on legal fees, and they spent a whole lot more. I did it to make his life miserable, which I’m happy about.”

I read that. He went after some asshole that smeared him. How does that prove any of the claims here?

Forum List

Back