Ford, Honda (etc) moving away from electric vehicles despite leftist administration

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA

Did I read this right?

Ford is losing $62,000 per vehicle?

I didn't think EVs cost much more than that.

From this site:

Elon Musk is even considering putting off plans for a $1 billion plant in Mexico.

me:

In any case, many companies are not enthused.

The American people never were.

Did I read this right?

From this site:

Elon Musk is even considering putting off plans for a $1 billion plant in Mexico.

me:

No you didn't read it right at all:

"We're not moving away from our second generation [EV] products," Lawler said in a media briefing on Thursday, per CNBC.

"We are, though, looking at the pace of capacity that we're putting in place. We are going to push out some of that investment," he added.

Speaking after the results, Lawler said the transition to EVs was "well underway," but admitted that the pace of adoption was slower than expected. . .. ....

In a recent interview with The New York Times, Ford's executive chair Bill Ford said that high prices were the main reason why Ford was slowing EV production.

"Electric vehicles are expensive," he said. "We know prices will come down, and as that happens, we will have a bigger ramp-up of EVs."

That's not "moving away" from EV manufacturing at all. That adapting production to demand and pricing.

Sorry to disappoint your little celebration here.

Did I read this right?

From this site:

me:

Yes, you did read it right. Good article!
Looks like the are pulling the plug or slowing down on EV's
Thanks for sharing. I love rollin coal
54139506.jpg

No you didn't read it right at all:

That's not "moving away" from EV manufacturing at all. That adapting production to demand and pricing.

Sorry to disappoint your little celebration here.
Yes he did read it right

Honda shelved plans to develop affordable EVs with GM
Ford Motor Company stands to lose $4.5 billion on its EV business for 2023 and will be delaying many of their EV investments.

so Yes, the title is correct and the OP read it correctly

Ford, Honda (etc) moving away from electric vehicles despite leftist administration​

Yes, you did read it right. Good article!
Looks like the are pulling the plug or slowing down on EV's
Thanks for sharing. I love rollin coal
54139506.jpg
I hope that's not your truck! it looks like it's got a bad head gasket or something! All that black smoke. I know blue smoke means the rings are bad.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes he did read it right

Honda shelved plans to develop affordable EVs with GM
Ford Motor Company stands to lose $4.5 billion on its EV business for 2023 and will be delaying many of their EV investments.

so Yes, the title is correct and the OP read it correctly

Ford, Honda (etc) moving away from electric vehicles despite leftist administration​

Thanks. It shouldn't surprise us, though, when liberals LIE

they lie about the damnedest things! Even when the truth would serve THEM better, they lie!

sheez... so tiresome.

I hope that's not your truck! it looks like it's got a bad head gasket or something! All that black smoke. I know blue smoke means the rings are bad.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
That is diesel and trust me I love rollin coal
Blue smoke indicates burning oil. Not necessarily bad rings...

Last edited:

Did I read this right?

From this site:

me:

it the cost of the ev division for the quarter divided by units sold that quarter. That would include overhead, R&D, etc.

Crazy people howling in laughter at their own demise. Cheering for the destruction of their nation.
Turn the fans on and blow the pollution North of the US Border.

OP was correct, Ford, Honda (etc) moving away from electric vehicles despite leftist administration
I read the article. It is all in there.

Forum List

Back