Former GOP congressman Michael Grimm sentenced to 8 months prison

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
michael+grimm1.jpg

Michael Grimm (R-NY), former Congressman, now a convicted criminal headed for the slammer.
Photo source.​

Michael Grimm sentenced to eight months in prison - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO

Michael Grimm, the former Republican congressman from Staten Island, was sentenced to eight months in federal prison Friday.

Last December Grimm pleaded guilty to tax fraud for failing to report more than $1 million in wages and receipts for a Manhattan restaurant he owned called Healthalicious. Grimm invested in the restaurant after retiring from the FBI in 2006.

Ex-NY Congressman Michael Grimm Gets 8 Months Prison in Tax Case NBC New York

Michael Grimm, a former New York congressman and FBI agent who once investigated white-collar crime, was sentenced Friday to 8 months in prison for tax evasion by a judge who said his "moral compass" needed adjustment.

Grimm, 45, pleaded guilty late last year to aiding in filing a false tax return — a charge that stemmed from an investigation into the Staten Island Republican's campaign financing.

U.S. District Judge Pamela Chen said the crime included exploiting immigrant laborers, including some who were paid as little as $4.60 an hour.

Michael Grimm sentenced to 8 mos. for tax evasion - CNNPolitics.com

(video at the link)

Michael Grimm, the former Republican congressman from Staten Island who memorably threatened to throw a reporter off a Capitol balcony, was sentenced Friday to eight months in federal prison for evading taxes on his health food restaurant, "Healthalicious".

The former Staten Island Republican was charged in April 2014, but stalwartly refused to resign his seat for months, until last winter. Grimm announced last December that he would resign, shortly after pleading guilty to tax evasion charges.

As this all was happening, I posted a thread about the 20 point indictment on him:

The 20 count indictment against Rep. Michael Grimm US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

(From May 9, 2014)

Also about the fact that the FBI kicked him, a former FBI agent, out of their offices:

FBI Bars Michael Grimm R NY-11 from it s offices. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Have fun in prison, Mr. Grimm.

Yawn..............................

I'm against dishonest politicians both sides.................always have been............and could go the route of posting Dems who have violated the law...............

Just another OP.............who digs for dirt..................to get his morning Joe Jollies..............If he's guilty of violating the law, as it appears then he can enjoy ACCOUNTABILITY for his actions.

:coffee:

I'm against dishonest politicians both sides.................always have been............and could go the route of posting Dems who have violated the law...............

Just another OP.............who digs for dirt..................to get his morning Joe Jollies..............If he's guilty of violating the law, as it appears then he can enjoy ACCOUNTABILITY for his actions.

Take your grumpy pills today?

Why yes, you did!

Are you trying to say that this news is not factual?

Please, enlighten us as to your interesting unicorn-world....

Why yes, you did!

Didn't say that................Didn't say he didn't do it............as a matter of fact I said do the crime...............do the time............

My point............if that you are just a dirt digger and it's one sided about 99% of the time.............
:dig:

Why yes, you did!

Didn't say that................Didn't say he didn't do it............as a matter of fact I said do the crime...............do the time............

My point............if that you are just a dirt digger and it's one sided about 99% of the time.............

Au Contraire, Monseur.

Why yes, you did!

Au Contraire, Monseur.
:bsflag:

Would you care to whine some more, a specialty of butthurt batshit-crazy Rrrraging Rrrrighties, or would you like to address the actual content of the OP like an adult? Or is that too difficult for you, mebbe???

:D

Would you care to whine some more, a specialty of butthurt batshit-crazy Rrrraging Rrrrighties, or would you like to address the actual content of the OP like an adult? Or is that too difficult for you, mebbe???

:D
I said do the crime............do the time............is that too simple for you................do you need crayons............

Perhaps you can now do a side by side comparison of tax evasion on the other side of the 2 party system..............

You mistake butthurt for calling you out for saying your liberal biased panties are showing.................

There have been no Democrats indicted for tax evasion since Obama has been in office. One Democrat is serving time for mis-use of campaign funds, but that's it.

michael+grimm1.jpg

Michael Grimm (R-NY), former Congressman, now a convicted criminal headed for the slammer.
Photo source.​

Michael Grimm sentenced to eight months in prison - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO

Michael Grimm, the former Republican congressman from Staten Island, was sentenced to eight months in federal prison Friday.

Last December Grimm pleaded guilty to tax fraud for failing to report more than $1 million in wages and receipts for a Manhattan restaurant he owned called Healthalicious. Grimm invested in the restaurant after retiring from the FBI in 2006.

Ex-NY Congressman Michael Grimm Gets 8 Months Prison in Tax Case NBC New York

Michael Grimm, a former New York congressman and FBI agent who once investigated white-collar crime, was sentenced Friday to 8 months in prison for tax evasion by a judge who said his "moral compass" needed adjustment.

Grimm, 45, pleaded guilty late last year to aiding in filing a false tax return — a charge that stemmed from an investigation into the Staten Island Republican's campaign financing.

U.S. District Judge Pamela Chen said the crime included exploiting immigrant laborers, including some who were paid as little as $4.60 an hour.

Michael Grimm sentenced to 8 mos. for tax evasion - CNNPolitics.com

(video at the link)

Michael Grimm, the former Republican congressman from Staten Island who memorably threatened to throw a reporter off a Capitol balcony, was sentenced Friday to eight months in federal prison for evading taxes on his health food restaurant, "Healthalicious".

The former Staten Island Republican was charged in April 2014, but stalwartly refused to resign his seat for months, until last winter. Grimm announced last December that he would resign, shortly after pleading guilty to tax evasion charges.

As this all was happening, I posted a thread about the 20 point indictment on him:

The 20 count indictment against Rep. Michael Grimm US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

(From May 9, 2014)

Also about the fact that the FBI kicked him, a former FBI agent, out of their offices:

FBI Bars Michael Grimm R NY-11 from it s offices. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Have fun in prison, Mr. Grimm.
How come when a republican gets convicted for corruption you libtards celebrate but when a libtard is you idiots defend them like they are the messiah?

Forum List

Back