Found a little gem here in my town....

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
...after 25 years of living here! 25! And I only found it thru Craigslist from asking if anyone knows of a place nearby instead of me having to drive to the leash free beach in the next town. A lady emailed me and told me about this place...which is approx 8 blocks or so away from me. EIGHT BLOCKS! I knew where she was referring to according to the street name, but I never went right on that street. I always went LEFT, cuz there is a sign that says DEAD END. So, of course I never went that way cuz I could see the dead end. Duh on me. I should've looked anyway. There is a small place to park between one house and the bay.I thought it all overgrown and private property, that area. Well, is IS a private area but the owners of the land allow people to go there to walk their dogs, bask in the sunlight and let their dogs run free for a bit. Nice people to allow that!
So, I go to check it out. OMG. I come back, get both dogs and Mr. Gracie and we go back. Step out of the van and VOILA'! Mini paradise!

2gvk136.jpg

nl7qy9.jpg

2ilk806.jpg

f2k5qc.jpg

There's a restaurant in the town of Inverness on the western shore of Cape Breton Island (Nova Scotia) where you used to be able to sit outside, have a meal, watch the whales, and then walk down to the beach at your leisure and pick up lots of sea glass. Now you can't do that any more -- you can't get near it, because that strip of land has been turned into a La-di-dah country club. The proles have to keep their distance. The town gave (sold) it away much to the anger of the locals.

That's what this shore picture reminded me of at first glance. :eusa_eh:

Nice find, don't mean to rain on the parade. Treasure it while you can. Make sure you're not followed. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back