Fracking: No "Widespread" Effects to Drinking Water

The article concludes with "The study did not examine effects on air quality, or public health at large."
And why would it? They were looking at ground water.
It's limited is my point. And five years and millions of dollars is not enough to make a decision about the "long term."
I mean consider the far right reactionaries on the board and their education. Many went to college. Long term, no one could realize what a bunch of idiots they turned into. My point is that more testing needs to be done on fracking.

it will always be "more testing."

However when it comes to AGW, it's "WE HAVE TO ACT NOW" after every study that some group churns out.

The article concludes with "The study did not examine effects on air quality, or public health at large."
And why would it? They were looking at ground water.
It's limited is my point. And five years and millions of dollars is not enough to make a decision about the "long term."
I mean consider the far right reactionaries on the board and their education. Many went to college. Long term, no one could realize what a bunch of idiots they turned into. My point is that more testing needs to be done on fracking.
And more will be done. The encouraging news, however, is that there are no glaring, insurmountable problems with it. Fracking has the potential to make America energy independent and give us much greater control of petroleum. We will do everything we can to make that a reality.

Earthquakes?

Confirmed Oklahoma Earthquakes Caused By Fracking

Induced Earthquakes

Today s Earthquakes in Oklahoma United States

Man-Made Earthquakes Are Changing the Seismic Landscape - The Atlantic

Of course the willfully ignorant will ignore these links, and the stupider ones will claim biased reporting by the liberal press.

Only if it does not threaten human health.

any activity can be seen as threatening human health.

In particular ignorance, both willful and the other kind.

Nice non-answer.

Maybe it went over your head, I'll try to talk down to your level (next time).

Another non-answer. And don't try to go all technical on me on this topic, buddy. A masters in ChemE gives me my understanding of how fracking and gas extraction works, so unless you have some degree directly related to gas/oil extraction, you are playing out of your weight class.

Only if it does not threaten human health.

Nice non-answer.

Another non-answer. And don't try to go all technical on me on this topic, buddy. A masters in ChemE gives me my understanding of how fracking and gas extraction works, so unless you have some degree directly related to gas/oil extraction, you are playing out of your weight class.

Too bad you didn't take post graduate work in geophysics. That your career is likely one which is threatened by government regulation it's no wonder you're a conservative. Too bad ecology and ethics don't factor into your politics.

But being a holder of an advanced degree - as do I - let's not be too arrogant. Explain the cause of chemical explosions and their impact on local environments.

Nice non-answer.

Too bad you didn't take post graduate work in geophysics. That your career is likely one which is threatened by government regulation it's no wonder you're a conservative. Too bad ecology and ethics don't factor into your politics.

But being a holder of an advanced degree - as do I - let's not be too arrogant. Explain the cause of chemical explosions and their impact on local environments.

Actually I work in Environmental Engineering, where we work on solutions to pollution, not banning things because they go against our political beliefs. Government regulation CREATES my job, but as a taxpayer I expect the job to be for a good reason, and "Because I don't like it" isn't a reason to ban competently regulated fracking.

How about you define the magnitude of said explosion and the location, you are being far to general in your question.

Forum List

Back