France 's 75% tax rate to start

You can tax 75% and the millionaires will still be millionaires.

If it wasn't for Phil Gramm (R) deregulating derivatives this wouldn't be necessary.

Like obama and the GM shareholders? Why hasn't Holder prosecuted the wall street gang?

For what? The SEC under Bush gave them a clean bill of health.

Hey, I'm just going by what that racist sack of shit said himself.

Eric Holder vows Wall Street prosecutions on the way ? and soon - Washington Times

Just because it’s been five years since the nation suffered a dramatic economic hit from Wall Street corporate losses doesn’t mean prosecutions aren’t coming, said Attorney General Eric Holder, on Tuesday.
In fact, it’s just the opposite, he said. Mr. Holder vowed he wasn’t leaving his government position until businesses have paid the price for the financial drag he faults them for creating.

“My message is, anybody who’s inflicted damage on our financial markets should not be of the belief that they are out of the woods because of the passage of time,” he said, in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. “If any individual or any institution is banking on waiting things out, they have to think again.”
Mr. Holder said prosecutions are coming — and soon.

Like obama and the GM shareholders? Why hasn't Holder prosecuted the wall street gang?

For what? The SEC under Bush gave them a clean bill of health.

Hey, I'm just going by what that racist sack of shit said himself.

Eric Holder vows Wall Street prosecutions on the way ? and soon - Washington Times

Just because it’s been five years since the nation suffered a dramatic economic hit from Wall Street corporate losses doesn’t mean prosecutions aren’t coming, said Attorney General Eric Holder, on Tuesday.
In fact, it’s just the opposite, he said. Mr. Holder vowed he wasn’t leaving his government position until businesses have paid the price for the financial drag he faults them for creating.

“My message is, anybody who’s inflicted damage on our financial markets should not be of the belief that they are out of the woods because of the passage of time,” he said, in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. “If any individual or any institution is banking on waiting things out, they have to think again.”
Mr. Holder said prosecutions are coming — and soon.

Good luck to the AG!

You can tax 75% and the millionaires will still be millionaires.

If it wasn't for Phil Gramm (R) deregulating derivatives this wouldn't be necessary.

I agree, but they won't be millionaires in the country that hold the high tax rates and that's the problem with crazy high taxes... It drives productive capital away.

How would anyone be able to live if their tax rate is at 75%. If that's the case I think there will be a lot of people just quitting their jobs.

that's sorta the point...

if tax rates get too high, the producers (i.e., the ultimate taxpayers) will either say fuck it, I'm retiring (thus producing no further tax revenue) or say fuck it, I'm moving to another country (thus producing no tax revenue)...

Forum List

Back