Franken did NOT resign and likely never will

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Typical democrat trick and since Franken will have the tv nets on his side, he will likely get away with this scheme.

Prediction: Al Franken will NOT resign - here's why

dec 6 2017 Contrary to popular perception, Al Franken did not resign yesterday.
He only announced his intent to resign on a future date. Here's what he said:

"[T]oday I am announcing that in the coming weeks I will be resigning as member of the United States Senate. I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of...sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party."

In fact, not only did Al Franken not resign yesterday, it is my prediction that he will never resign. He will not resign until Roy Moore does – and since there is no way Roy Moore is going to do that, there's no way Al Franken is going to do that either.

Franken's point will be, Look, there's no way I should resign when two notorious sexual predators like Trump and Moore are alive and well in the Republican Party. In fact, they should resign, not me, since unlike them, I have always been a "champion of women."

We likely won't hear from Franken again until December 13, the day after the results of the Alabama Senate race are known. What we will hear from Franken that day will be something like this: "I have offered, in good faith, to tender my resignation as a member of the United States Senate. Roy Moore, as a serial sexual predator, must do the same. In fact, I propose, as a gesture of nobility on my part, that Mr. Moore and I depart the Senate together. I will be happy to resign the same day Roy Moore does. Until then, I ain't going anywhere."

I think he will, he cant turn back now. He's probably just going to stick around for few votes and extend his time in office until he qualifies for a higher pension or something

• Banned
If he truly intends to resign why not resign right now? Why put it off for a few weeks.?

Typical democrat trick and since Franken will have the tv nets on his side, he will likely get away with this scheme.

"[T]oday I am announcing that in the coming weeks I will be resigning as member of the United States Senate. I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of...sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party."

In fact, not only did Al Franken not resign yesterday, it is my prediction that he will never resign. He will not resign until Roy Moore does – and since there is no way Roy Moore is going to do that, there's no way Al Franken is going to do that either.

Franken's point will be, Look, there's no way I should resign when two notorious sexual predators like Trump and Moore are alive and well in the Republican Party. In fact, they should resign, not me, since unlike them, I have always been a "champion of women."

We likely won't hear from Franken again until December 13, the day after the results of the Alabama Senate race are known. What we will hear from Franken that day will be something like this: "I have offered, in good faith, to tender my resignation as a member of the United States Senate. Roy Moore, as a serial sexual predator, must do the same. In fact, I propose, as a gesture of nobility on my part, that Mr. Moore and I depart the Senate together. I will be happy to resign the same day Roy Moore does. Until then, I ain't going anywhere."

Either way, his face will shine from Republican campaign commercials all next year, admitting his transgressions.

Either way, his face will shine from Republican campaign commercials all next year, admitting his transgressions.
As will Democrats do the same with Republicans. They have Trent Franks, Rep Farenthold, Roy Moore, and last but not least, the pussy grabber Trump

His resignation speech: "It's the women's fault that I grab them, I did nothing wrong".

Well, if he did nothing wrong, then why resign?

I hope he doesn't resign.

Putting your arm around someone in a campaign photo is the way it is done. He did nothing wrong.
Its so unfair that all he did was just put his arm around someone and now he has to resign. Its super weird that everyone is so upset over "putting his arm around someone". If i didnt know any better, id almost think that he did more than that, but no, he merely put his arm around someone and now he lost his job.

Forum List

Back