Another Repub heads for exit.

You need to move past 2020...Biden is the President, and he's fucked up the country...

You people got by for 3 plus years deflecting the screw ups, and corruption of your President by deflecting to Trump, Trump, Trump, it won't work today, Biden has a record, and owns the misery that American's are feeling daily.

I think most people in this country had a distaste, and disgust for the actions of Jan 6, but they also know instinctively that Trump had NOTHING to do with the actions that occurred that day, regardless of the narrative you've tried so hard to push.
I couldn't help noticing you changed the subject after I squashed your idea that replacing Gallagher with more MAGAists in any way is in support of the Constitution.

I couldn't help noticing you changed the subject after I squashed your idea that replacing Gallagher with more MAGAists in any way is in support of the Constitution.
I don’t know who these “MAGAists” are that you speak of…That’s a phony label born out of hatred of opposition to your progressive ideals. So, its meaningless.

Supporting fiscal responsibility, and constitutional order is proper.

I maintain that this is the result of literally three to four decades of conditioning by voices they trust. It began with Limbaugh and talk radio, added to it with Fox News, and then finished with the internet.

Every voice they trust is completely one-sided, and steals from them one of a person's most imporant qualities: Curiosity. An intense ideology like this robs a person of their fundamental human curiosity because it provides all the answers. That's what creates the short-sightedness and unyielding nature you describe.

It's especially frustrating for people like me, because I have several general agreements with them on issues. But this binary, caveman approach they apply to any given problem and situation simply cannot work in the long term. Unfortunately, their thought process are too calcified for them to see it.

Someone once said that the difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals are never sure they're right so they question everything, and conservatives are so positive that they're right, they never question anything. Simplistic but close enough.

But yes, right wing talk radio, echoed by their clergy, and their media, poisoned their minds. And then convinced them that MSM was SO left wing biased, and untruthful, they were not to be believe, even though studies showed a slight bias of less than 10%, and high marks for factual reporting, and verification of sources.

Right wing media is virtually all privately owned by billionaires, who exercise absolute control over what's broadcast/published. The Mercers (Breibart) actively worked with the Putin and the Russians through Cambridge Analytica, on ensuring a win for the Brexit side in the first Brexit vote.

And just as they try to silence and ostracize all critics within the Republican Party, they cover their eyes and ears and call us "liars" and "haters" because we refuse to buy into the progaganda.

I read an interview with the owner of a right wing "fake news" internet site. He was asked why there are no left wing fake news sites and he said they had tried to run left wing sites but every time they posted a story, it was debunked within 10 minutes of it going up on the sites. Leftists fact checked everything!!!!!

If the story supports the most closely held beliefs of conservatives, and, as you said, it comes from a trusted source, they'll never question it or fact check it. Tucker Carlson is that "trusted source" today even though he has been publically outed as having lied to the American people, over and over again.

Even more distressing in this scenario is that Carlson is cosying up to Putin and Orban, and did that interview with Putin. I saw a couple of Midwestern Americans being interviewed about their views on the Ukraine and they asked about Putin, and they responded that they thought Putin was a bad guy too, until Tucker interviewed him, and if Tucker says things are great in Russia, they believe him.

That was like a bucket of cold water in the face. Yikes!!!

Someone once said that the difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals are never sure they're right so they question everything, and conservatives are so positive that they're right, they never question anything. Simplistic but close enough.

But yes, right wing talk radio, echoed by their clergy, and their media, poisoned their minds. And then convinced them that MSM was SO left wing biased, and untruthful, they were not to be believe, even though studies showed a slight bias of less than 10%, and high marks for factual reporting, and verification of sources.

Right wing media is virtually all privately owned by billionaires, who exercise absolute control over what's broadcast/published. The Mercers (Breibart) actively worked with the Putin and the Russians through Cambridge Analytica, on ensuring a win for the Brexit side in the first Brexit vote.

And just as they try to silence and ostracize all critics within the Republican Party, they cover their eyes and ears and call us "liars" and "haters" because we refuse to buy into the progaganda.

I read an interview with the owner of a right wing "fake news" internet site. He was asked why there are no left wing fake news sites and he said they had tried to run left wing sites but every time they posted a story, it was debunked within 10 minutes of it going up on the sites. Leftists fact checked everything!!!!!

If the story supports the most closely held beliefs of conservatives, and, as you said, it comes from a trusted source, they'll never question it or fact check it. Tucker Carlson is that "trusted source" today even though he has been publically outed as having lied to the American people, over and over again.

Even more distressing in this scenario is that Carlson is cosying up to Putin and Orban, and did that interview with Putin. I saw a couple of Midwestern Americans being interviewed about their views on the Ukraine and they asked about Putin, and they responded that they thought Putin was a bad guy too, until Tucker interviewed him, and if Tucker says things are great in Russia, they believe him.

A couple of days after Tucker's loving interview with Putin, a Trumpster neighbor asked me if I had seen it.

"Uh, no, not yet", I replied.

"Oh, you need to see it, it was really interesting," he said. And then he said something I may never forget:

"Tucker really got Putin to open up".

I was a little stunned, and I don't even know how I replied. He really believed that. He really thinks that former KGB officer and corrupt, murderous, and intense West hater Putin was just baring his soul to Tucker Carlson. But that's what we're facing.

I often wonder what Limbaugh really thought of what he created.

Yeah you question how many genders are there, I mean so far today?

We're in different realities.

I remember Biden, Fauci, the CDC TSA and HSA mandating all sorts of restrictions. I missed my friends funeral - cuz social distancing.

The Chassidics had the best answer to social distancing during Covid

24nyvirus-weddings-superJumbo.jpg

I missed several friends' funerals. I have grandchildren I barely saw in person for the first three years of their lives, even though they live a half an hour away. But none of my family or friends died, and our economy did not crash.

We really did lock down here - something that NEVER really happened in the USA. Our entire downtown was closed. Restaurants ran on take out. Schools were remote classrooms. People bitched about not being able to work. $2000 a month from the government sounds like a lot, but as one family member said "My rent is $2000 a month". She was not without resources, but she worked in an industry that was closed.

I personally don't know anyone who died of covid. We didn't have that much illness where I live, and I barely left the house, and masked everywhere. I got my shots the moment they were available, and life has pretty much returned to normal here.

Best of all, we bounced back quickly, once we got everyone vaccinated, the schools were able to reopen.

Yeah you question how many genders are there, I mean so far today?

How does this matter in the grand scheme of things, Frank???? Does this question pop up in your everyday life - ever????? Is it central to the economy. To infrastructure, education, crime, or international trade?

I never hear it outside of this forum. I never hear questions about gender identity, or "wokism", or Critical Race Theory. Not in the real world. This is not a real issue.

This is political theatre to keep YOU in a state of outrage.

How does this matter in the grand scheme of things, Frank???? Does this question pop up in your everyday life - ever????? Is it central to the economy. To infrastructure, education, crime, or international trade?

I never hear it outside of this forum. I never hear questions about gender identity, or "wokism", or Critical Race Theory. Not in the real world. This is not a real issue.

This is political theatre to keep YOU in a state of outrage.

Good points!

I remember Biden, Fauci, the CDC TSA and HSA mandating all sorts of restrictions. I missed my friends funeral - cuz social distancing.

I missed several friends' funerals. I have grandchildren I barely saw in person for the first three years of their lives, even though they live a half an hour away. But none of my family or friends died, and our economy did not crash.

We really did lock down here - something that NEVER really happened in the USA. Our entire downtown was closed. Restaurants ran on take out. Schools were remote classrooms. People bitched about not being able to work. $2000 a month from the government sounds like a lot, but as one family member said "My rent is $2000 a month". She was not without resources, but she worked in an industry that was closed.

I personally don't know anyone who died of covid. We didn't have that much illness where I live, and I barely left the house, and masked everywhere. I got my shots the moment they were available, and life has pretty much returned to normal here.

Furthermore, the costs of testing and treating covid were much much lower here, and our hospitals and morgues were never overwhelmed. Although it was a close thing with the hospitals.

2023 was the first year the Toronto Blue Jays could play in Toronto on Opening Day since 2019, although we did get baseball in Toronto in the Fall of 2022, once we achieved 80% vaccination rate in Ontario.

Translation -- "Damn, I'm scared, but I have to say something my cult might think is witty so I can grab some SJW brownie points. Otherwise I'll never get invited to eat at the cool kids' table!!!!"

After the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, the multitude of threats against election workers, judges and prosecutors, and intelligent any person knows that the MAGGOTS (i.e. MAGA Idiots) have no scruples, and we can count on them trying to stop or overthrow the 2024 election.

Once we accept that fact, you MAGA assholes aren't that hard to figure out.

LOL like it matters, even when Republicans have a majority they cave and give control to the Democrats.

When has THAT every happened??? Republicans spent 6 years refusing to pass anything Obama and the Democrats put up for a vote. They're doing the same thing now, and they're going to lose bigly in November if they continue.

After the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, the multitude of threats against election workers, judges and prosecutors, and intelligent any person knows that the MAGGOTS (i.e. MAGA Idiots) have no scruples, and we can count on them trying to stop or overthrow the 2024 election.

Once we accept that fact, you MAGA assholes aren't that hard to figure out.

MAGA

You need to move past 2020...Biden is the President, and he's fucked up the country...

You people got by for 3 plus years deflecting the screw ups, and corruption of your President by deflecting to Trump, Trump, Trump, it won't work today, Biden has a record, and owns the misery that American's are feeling daily.

I think most people in this country had a distaste, and disgust for the actions of Jan 6, but they also know instinctively that Trump had NOTHING to do with the actions that occurred that day, regardless of the narrative you've tried so hard to push.

What misery is that j-mac????? The misery of full employment, record stock market, low crime rates, and rising wages????.

.https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/02/bidenomics-is-working-which-means-biden-and-the-democrats-may-win-too

Sane people don't follow their "instincts", they follow the facts, and what they saw and heard with their own eyes and ears on January 6th. And what the world saw was Donald Trump whipping the mob into a frenzy on the Elipse and sending them to the Capitol to FIGHT LIKE HELL.

And then we watched for 4 fucking hours while they did just that and NO ONE CAME TO STOP IT.

TRUMP DID NOTHING TO STOP IT. JUST LIKE TRUMP DID NOTHING TO STOP THE RACIAL VIOLENCE, OR ANY OTHER VIOLENCE IN THE NATION.

WE BELIEVE WHAT WE SAW AND HEARD.

Forum List

Back