Could a motion to vacate flip the House to the Democrats? Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R- FL) says it could.

John09

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2015
originally Eber, OH
"Anna Paulina Luna says she has been told that as soon as a Motion to Vacate is brought to the floor, at least two moderate Republicans will resign immediately rather than wait until end of their term to flip the House to the Democrats."

First, is this a credible threat? I don't think there will be many willing to actually resign, because they know they'll end up with a target on them, perhaps literally.

Next, will the 3 Republicans supporting Johnson's ouster take the threat seriously. I don't believe they will. (Rep. Eli Crane, R-Ariz., told reporters on Friday he was open to supporting a motion to vacate as well.)

Last, if the motion to vacate goes forward and a couple of Republicans resign, how can the Republicans blame it on the Democrats?

"Anna Paulina Luna says she has been told that as soon as a Motion to Vacate is brought to the floor, at least two moderate Republicans will resign immediately rather than wait until end of their term to flip the House to the Democrats."

First, is this a credible threat? I don't think there will be many willing to actually resign, because they know they'll end up with a target on them, perhaps literally.

Next, will the 3 Republicans supporting Johnson's ouster take the threat seriously. I don't believe they will. (Rep. Eli Crane, R-Ariz., told reporters on Friday he was open to supporting a motion to vacate as well.)

Last, if the motion to vacate goes forward and a couple of Republicans resign, how can the Republicans blame it on the Democrats?

I do not see it passing. I do not think the Dems will support it, just to watch more House Chaos, and the Republicans cannot even lead their own party, as they are totally dysfunctional and of such a small majority, it is basically no majority at all, and getting smaller. We are looking at a coalition governing body now, where the Republicans get the well deserved blame for whatever goes on, while the Dems get to have their votes and counsel courted to an extent, just so the speaker can get anything done and keep his job.

I do not see it passing. I do not think the Dems will support it, just to watch more House Chaos, and the Republicans cannot even lead their own party, as they are totally dysfunctional and of such a small majority, it is basically no majority at all, and getting smaller.
Several Dems have already said they won't support it.

But the way Rep Luna put it in that clip, those moderate Republicans would resign immediately, flipping the House.

We are looking at a coalition governing body now, where the Republicans get the well deserved blame for whatever goes on, while the Dems get to have their votes and counsel courted to an extent, just so the speaker can get anything done and keep his job.
The crazies on the right are not going to tolerate it. They've got away with flexing their muscles for way too long, getting rid of three speakers (Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy) and the power has gone to their heads.

Last edited:

If Congress Wants to Send Money to Israel, DEFUND THE UN FIRST!​

1713567552999.png

If you want to choose to bleev there are "Democrats," or that there or "Republicans?"

Fine, you can still bleev that.

iu

So really, if the GOP does blame the DNC, who cares? It is just theater. Whatever happens, would have happened anyway, regardless.

Oddball is correct, we have a one party state, and controlled opposition. Don't delude yourself that we have anything but.

8nea0r.jpg

What a fucking mess.
Mike is working with democrats to pass funding without getting anything in return, like border security.
If two Republicans resign just to give the democrats the majority they need to find another line of work.

What a fucking mess.
Mike is working with democrats to pass funding without getting anything in return, like border security.
If two Republicans resign just to give the democrats the majority they need to find another line of work.
He's not "getting anything in return" that we know about.

Johnson is clearly compromised.

If they do resign I'm sure they know their political careers are finished unless MAGA Trumpism is repudiated. I doubt the primary-voting MAGA base will change their stance.

I don't think anyone will resign as it's not only political suicide but will quite possibly actually result in them being shot/attacked/injured/killed.

Right now you have a one vote majority, so it's a very real threat.

Of course margie shit for brains greene can fuck around and find out. The vote on the aid package is tommorow.

Right now you have a one vote majority, so it's a very real threat.

Of course margie shit for brains greene can fuck around and find out. The vote on the aid package is tommorow.
Oh the threat is very real. I'm almost certain the aid package will pass -it's almost certainly coming to the floor based on what what Johnson said and it sure seems like he's had enough.

This is the sort of deceitfulness that Johnson has effectively taken on. By affirming what abandoning Ukraine would really mean, and stressing that the deep state is telling lawmakers the truth about it, Johnson has for the time being taken a stance against one of MAGA’s most cherished—and most toxic—propaganda tropes. No wonder Greene is beside herself with rage.

The question is will MTG and her buddies follow through on their 'threat'...

being the speaker is already siding with democrats and ignoring his own people the flip has already happened,,

just another example of republicans stabbing their voters in the back,,

Several Dems have already said they won't support it.

But the way Rep Luna put it in that clip, those moderate Republicans would resign immediately, flipping the House.

The crazies on the right are not going to tolerate it. They've got away with flexing their muscles for way too long, getting rid of three speakers (Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy) and the power has gone to their heads.
I do not see it happening. Moderate Republicans or Normal Republicans as opposed to Rightwing Nut ball Republican, still feel some leftover party loyalty, some commitment to country (whether the Rightwing Nut balls do or not) and would most likely finish out their term or until electoral college certifies the November Election.

If those Republicans resign a “target on their backs” is meaningless.

Interesting

It could happen and most likely there will be no motion to vacate

I do not see it happening. Moderate Republicans or Normal Republicans as opposed to Rightwing Nut ball Republican, still feel some leftover party loyalty, some commitment to country (whether the Rightwing Nut balls do or not) and would most likely finish out their term or until electoral college certifies the November Election.
Several have already resigned and

When asked by Axios whether he was coming under pressure from colleagues over his decision to resign, Buck replied: "I think it's the next three people that leave that they're going to be worried about."

If those Republicans resign a “target on their backs” is meaningless.
Not when it comes to actual harm to their and/or their loved ones' safety.

Interesting

It could happen and most likely there will be no motion to vacate
While I'd like to think so, the crazies' antics and history make me think otherwise.

Last edited:
Oh the threat is very real. I'm almost certain the aid package will pass -it's almost certainly coming to the floor based on what what Johnson said and it sure seems like he's had enough.

This is the sort of deceitfulness that Johnson has effectively taken on. By affirming what abandoning Ukraine would really mean, and stressing that the deep state is telling lawmakers the truth about it, Johnson has for the time being taken a stance against one of MAGA’s most cherished—and most toxic—propaganda tropes. No wonder Greene is beside herself with rage.

The question is will MTG and her buddies follow through on their 'threat'...
It does not matter. She does not have the votes, either without Democrat support, and I do not think she would get it.

A sign of how fucked up things are in the Repiblican Party is that Republicans are fleeing the House in the middle of their term when they are in the MAJORITY!

That’s fucking nuts!

The Federalist has a pretty compelling argument about how a Democrat House is actually slightly preferable to a Republican in name only one.

...actually, we’d be better off with a Democrat-controlled Congress and an actual GOP opposition than whatever this is.

If they do resign I'm sure they know their political careers are finished unless MAGA Trumpism is repudiated. I doubt the primary-voting MAGA base will change their stance.

I don't think anyone will resign as it's not only political suicide but will quite possibly actually result in them being shot/attacked/injured/killed.

Where do they find you nutbars?

Forum List

Back