The trouble with Trump’s jurors shows the results of a post-truth society

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
...The fact that Trump’s “hush money” trial is completely corrupt for myriad reasons. These reasons include but are not limited to the fact that Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg violated due process by revitalizing invalid election fraud claims and time-barred misdemeanors allegations by elevating them into unnamed felonies. I’m also not talking about the judge having a daughter who is a highly-placed anti-Trump activist raising money off the trial. Instead, this post focuses on one specific thing: The fact that it is impossible for Trump to have a fair jury in this corrupt trial.

The lack of fairness begins with the fact that Trump is the most famous man in the world, and he is running for president. There is literally no one on earth, unless they have the awareness of a potato, who doesn’t have an opinion on the case, and who doesn't understand that its outcome will affect the election.

There’s another fascinating and mostly unspoken lack of fairness here: The judge did something very unusual, which was to make Wednesday the day off from the trial rather than Friday. By doing so, he effectively barred from the courtroom the single most pro-Trump demographic in New York; namely, Orthodox Jews... snip ...
of the original 96 jurors, half were instantly excused because they openly admitted to being biased against Trump. That’s an extraordinarily high rate to be excused upfront for bias.

The jury selection process with the remaining 48 ostensibly unbiased people didn’t go well. One of the potential jurors was shown through her Facebook posts to have been wildly pro-Biden. Judge Merchan, the one whose daughter is fundraising off of her dad’s willingness to allow a felony trial to go forward even though the felony is never identified, accused Trump of intimidating the juror—and then seated her.

Since then, two seated jurors have bowed out. One did so after family and friends outed her as an anti-Trumper. A second seated juror had hidden his prior arrest record. He really wanted to be on that jury, which, in a trial such as this one, is inherently suspicious....
snip....
If we could be certain that the jury being seated in that New York courtroom believed in a just court and absolute truth, we could also reasonably believe that confronted with the facts, they might be able to rise above their prejudices and issue an honest verdict.

But we don’t live in such a world. We live in a post-modern world that denies truth. Instead, we are surrounded by feelings, “lived experiences,” and that disastrous phrase, “my truth.” And we all know that, for many people, “their truth” is that they don’t want Trump to be president and that the greater good requires them to ignore the facts. The trouble with Trump’s jurors shows the results of a post-truth society

What's going on here in America with the constant persecution of Trump is a travesty to our system of law...

I never thought I'd say this, but I believe that our system is perilously corrupted, and thereby, we no longer have the America that was founded on the principles of fairness, and freedom...It's only a matter of time before we see average people hauled in front of our courts for refusing to embrace things like gender, open borders, and simply disagreeing with a liberal progressive, woke agenda....Get ready, we're screwed.

It's only a matter of time before we see average people hauled in front of our courts for refusing to embrace things like gender, open borders, and simply disagreeing with a liberal progressive, woke agenda....Get ready, we're screwed.
I doubt it, at least not out in the Hinterlands....We are too well armed.

I could give a shit about the blue population centers.....Let them eat their own.....And they will.....Bon appetit.

What's going on here in America with the constant persecution of Trump is a travesty to our system of law...

I never thought I'd say this, but I believe that our system is perilously corrupted, and thereby, we no longer have the America that was founded on the principles of fairness, and freedom...It's only a matter of time before we see average people hauled in front of our courts for refusing to embrace things like gender, open borders, and simply disagreeing with a liberal progressive, woke agenda....Get ready, we're screwed.
In London, a person was arrested for being “openly Jewish” at a rally of pro-terrorists.

Joking around to deflect from the horror that a Jew must now hide that fact before he ventures out in public?

how did they know he was a Jew? forehead tattoo? silkscreened shirt with "I am a Jew" on it?

It's no different from not wearing bling in the hood.

The few Jewish guys I grew up with looked like everyone else....The ones living still do. :dunno:
Downplaying the threat to Jews, is to be apathetic to historical events.

It's no different from not wearing bling in the hood.

The few Jewish guys I grew up with looked like everyone else....The ones living still do. :dunno:
For most Jews, but the observant Jews who cover their heads with a Kippah should be allowed to do so.

The libs would be up in arms if a Muslim was arrested for appearing “openly Muslim” in public.

In London, a person was arrested for being “openly Jewish” at a rally of pro-terrorists.

You will believe any bullshit lie you're told won't you????? Tell us again how smart you are and about your Phi Beta Kappa key.

The Daily Telegraph is a radical right wing UK newspaper with a dodgy fact check record. So of course you believe them.

"In the past, The Telegraph issued an apology letter to Melania Trump for publishing false statements regarding her family and her modeling career and also agreed to pay substantial damages’ over the article they published about the First Lady. Further, a Reuters institute survey found that 43% of respondents trust their news coverage and 22% do not, ranking them #9 in trust of the major UK news providers."

I doubt it, at least not out in the Hinterlands....We are too well armed.

I could give a shit about the blue population centers.....Let them eat their own.....And they will.....Bon appetit.
For now, maybe....But, not if progressive libs get their way...

For most Jews, but the observant Jews who cover their heads with a Kippah should be allowed to do so.

The libs would be up in arms if a Muslim was arrested for appearing “openly Muslim” in public.
It's a dangerous world, I guess they have to pay their money and take their chances like everyone else.

I suggest they arm themselves.

It is lawfare. Stalin, Hitler would be proud of the Dems.

The fact that people cannot look at the facts of the case and compare them to the law, and decide if the law was broken WITHOUT first determining the politics of the defendant is DISGUSTING.

Oh poor babies....Was the big bad Jew upsetting them?

There is of course, no evidence that what Lisa claims happened, really happened. Just because the British equivalent of Breitbart said it did, doesn't mean it's true.

Forum List

Back