Freedom Is Not Free

What Freedom?
If gaged still by other countries, then our freedom in which we do still have, ummm well is still in good standings for now in America, but yes it is getting worse everyday I think, and also around the world just as well.

I'm not attempting to rain on your parade, but the country you live in is Orwell's worst nightmare. There isn't a free thing about it. You live under a tyranny that dwarfs anything before it. Which is why I'm getting my loved ones the hell out of this death trap.

On this - what's left of the 4th of July - I read this earlier today on another forum. At first, I was angered by the post - but after consideration, I actually agree. I have said for years that this is NOT the country I grew up in. I'm now 68 and I see George Orwell's vision coming to fruition more and more every day. Here is the other gentleman's post:

Four score and many years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. That great nation is no more and our dead have died in vain. This new nation of cowards, removed from God, have relinquished to traitors the gift of freedom our forefathers bestowed upon us – and the last, greatest form of government; of the people, by the people, for the people – has now perished from the earth.

We are willing slaves on the continent our forefathers conquered and our children’s indentured servitude and suffering will be without measure – all because we are cowards who hid behind a corrupt electoral process and our televisions in order to avoid conflict. Our children will never know freedom as their grandparents did, or even what little we enjoyed. Their lives will be a waking nightmare of surveillance, taxes, propaganda, cowardice, ignorance, misery, imprisonment, fear and sadness. They will never know the word ‘hope’ outside of a slogan. They will never know liberty unless they see her on the back of a manipulated currency. Their meaning of the word freedom will be re-defined with an asterisk* – *You are free as long as you do what you’re told. The 4th of July is now a funeral. It should be celebrated as the solemn occasion that it is.

What Freedom?
If gaged still by other countries, then our freedom in which we do still have, ummm well is still in good standings for now in America, but yes it is getting worse everyday I think, and also around the world just as well.

I'm not attempting to rain on your parade, but the country you live in is Orwell's worst nightmare. There isn't a free thing about it. You live under a tyranny that dwarfs anything before it. Which is why I'm getting my loved ones the hell out of this death trap.

And going where? Just curious to know where you think you'll have it better.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronald Reagan

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronald Reagan

And therein lies the problem. America has grown lazy, sleazy and downright mean. Those who have grown up in this country "entitled" don't have a clue what "freedom" is and, what's more, they could never be bothered to defend it.

And I'm not talking about going to war. I'm talking about watching our heritage as a nation being flushed down the toilet, along with our patriotism.

In another 20-30 years - us old folks won't recognize this country that so many died for. George Orwell was a genius. It IS happening.

Forum List

Back