Freedom of Speech on Social Media Platforms and Message Boards

May 4, 2022
Do people who insit there is an argument for Freedom of Speech on Social Media Platforms, believe there should be such on Message Boards?

I think people should avoid posting on message boards while influenced by drugs. Just saying...

th

Hunter??? Is that you?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

In your opinion, What's the difference?
A message board is designed for the purpose of discussing information some may be heated so some free speech leniency should be expected. A social media account may be or may not be designed for discussions in the same fashion, it might be used just to connect to the family it's intent is not designed to specifically be a controversial discussion.

It depends on the intent of the social media imo.

• Banned
A message board is designed for the purpose of discussing information some may be heated so some free speech leniency should be expected. A social media account may be or may not be designed for discussions in the same fashion, it might be used just to connect to the family it's intent is not designed to specifically be a controversial discussion.

It depends on the intent of the social media imo.
I'm not sure how those distinctions are supposed to be applied to the question(s). Could you expand on it?

I'm not sure how those distinctions are supposed to be applied to the question(s). Could you expand on it?
Do people who insist there is an argument for Freedom of Speech on Social Media Platforms, believe there should be such on Message Boards?

I never insist. But a discussion board with no freedom of speech has nothing to say. A social media platform with no freedom of speech still has activity because of friends and family connecting and sharing digital photos, videos, etc. It is more of an entertaining platform imo.

Do people who insist there is an argument for Freedom of Speech on Social Media Platforms, believe there should be such on Message Boards?

I never insist. But a discussion board with no freedom of speech has nothing to say. A social media platform with no freedom of speech still has activity because of friends and family connecting and sharing digital photos, videos, etc. It is more of an entertaining platform imo.
friends and family sharing is not free speech debates.

not sure how you're comparing things. by your own argument, A social media platform without freedom of speech also has nothing to say except...
has activity because of friends and family connecting and sharing digital photos, videos, etc.

that may be entertaining, but what has that enertainment have to do with debates over free speech?

friends and family sharing is not free speech debates.

not sure how you're comparing things. by your own argument, A social media platform without freedom of speech also has nothing to say except...

that may be entertaining, but what has that enertainment have to do with debates over free speech?
I don't see anything hard to understand about it so I am not able to make you see my perception or perspective, Why don't you share your perspective and why you think it>?

So do I believe Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and myspace, already have freedom of speech? NO

Do I think people at usmb messageboard have freedom of speech? Yes as much as possible, legal point.

Answer this: Do people who insist there is an argument for Freedom of Speech on Social Media Platforms, believe there should be such on Message Boards?
I don't know. I myself argue that both are privately held, non-governmental entities, and are individually mere pawns of a public stage

So do I believe Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and myspace, already have freedom of speech? NO

Do I think people at usmb messageboard have freedom of speech? Yes as much as possible, legal point.
Bold: don't believe they do or are required to
and usmb has no obligation to allow free speech, and it doesn't

2nd that 1st amd notion

Yet this is private industry
I myself argue that both are privately held, non-governmental entities, and are mere pawns of a public stage
yes, but it's when they become pawns of the government's influence where things go China

~S~

2nd that 1st amd notion

Yet this is private industry

yes, but it's when they become pawns of the government's influence where things go China

~S~
Why? Newspapers/Pamphlets during the colonial era in North America, and news organizations in what became the US ofA, until fairly recently were partisan, privately owned entities with no regulation, that lied, and worse ... many were pawns of the government. It's US history

Forum List

Back