Freedomworks says "burn your Obamacare card"!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Just when you thought the think tanks in the GOP couldn't get any stupider, along comes Freedomworks who is now putting little Obamacare health cards on their website, along with reasons why you should print, laminate, and then BURN the cards.

Apparently, they're thinking that they're going to inspire people to repeal Obamacare because when hippies were burning their draft cards back in the 60's (issued by the U.S. Government BTW), that was one of the things that helped turn public sentiment against the Viet Nam war.

Burn Your ObamaCare Card

Now..................if the government had actually issued the cards, then Freedomworks might have a point.

But, since Freedomworks is both telling you to make your own Obamacare card, as well as then telling you to turn around and burn it, it has little effect other than for people who believe as they do to get some sort of good feeling about "doing" something about Obamacare, when in reality, they are doing nothing other than signing up for their e-mail lists so they can ask you for money.

Probably one of the saddest political statements I've seen in a long time.

My question is, who are the morons who are going to sign onto the site, print an Obamacare card, laminate it (makes it look more official that way) and then burn the damn thing after they'd already spent a whole bunch of time making it in the first place?

Stephen Colbert did a really good bit on this very subject the other night, and I thought it was just one of his schticks, but go follow the link provided, and you'll see that it's real.

Besides.....................if you issue something to yourself that you got from a private organization, what exactly does the government have to do with anything?

You know......................if I was a Viet Nam veteran, I'd be pretty pissed that Freedomworks is trying to say that Obamacare is as big a threat to people as the Viet Nam war was.

Speaking as a retired military man, I think it's a pretty shoddy stunt.

But then again.................we know the GOP loves the military for talking points and bumper stickers, but that's about it.

Just when you thought the think tanks in the GOP couldn't get any stupider, along comes Freedomworks who is now putting little Obamacare health cards on their website, along with reasons why you should print, laminate, and then BURN the cards.

Apparently empty symbolic-gestures are some peoples idea of an effective method of protest, it might make sense if the federal government forced citizens to carry such cards but just making them up out of thin air and asking people to waste time & resources to burn them is just silly IMHO.

I'm sure those of us that are against Obamacare can think of more effective ways to petition our government for redress of grievances.

Apparently empty symbolic-gestures are some peoples idea of an effective method of protest, it might make sense if the federal government forced citizens to carry such cards but just making them up out of thin air and asking people to waste time & resources to burn them is just silly IMHO.

I'm sure those of us that are against Obamacare can think of more effective ways to petition our government for redress of grievances.

Quick question..............if you (and the rest of the group known as "us") are against Obamacare, where are the more effective methods of protest?

Quick question..............if you (and the rest of the group known as "us")
Yes, I assume I'm not the only American that opposes Obamacare, thus the use of "us".

are against Obamacare, where are the more effective methods of protest?
Well let's see right off the top of my head...

• How about an organized effort to tell the IRS to go take a long walk off a short pier when it comes to providing *proof* of insurance next year? A little civil disobedience is always fun.
  • How about an organized effort to get the House Republicans (write, call and generally harangue the bastages) on-board with following through on their talk of defunding Obamacare via the debt limit negotiations this fall?
  • Californians against Obamacare have some nice, shiney new Obamacare call centers with phone banks just begging to be jammed, I'm sure other targets of opportunity will appear as we go along.
  • Why aren't groups like FreedomWorks pushing State Attorney's General to look into the equal protections impact of the suspension of the "Employer Mandate" by executive fiat while the "Individual Mandate" remains intact?
  • Wouldn't it just be fun & games if all the Tea Party Group members decided to write letters to the HHS asking 4 pages of inane questions regarding Obamacare? I bet those nice bureaucrats at the HHS would appreciate all the attention.
  • The Obamacare exchanges will run on "the honor" system for at least the duration of CY 2014, if that isn't an open invitation to gum up the works I don't know what is.
  • Speaking of exchanges, a couple of million subsidy applications written in Japanese, Chinese and Polish .... after all nothing says exchange like foreign languages.

I'm sure the nice folks at FreedomWorks can come up with a whole lot more, after all they're in the business of doing this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Yes, I assume I'm not the only American that opposes Obamacare, thus the use of "us".

• How about an organized effort to tell the IRS to go take a long walk off a short pier when it comes to providing *proof* of insurance next year? A little civil disobedience is always fun.
  • How about an organized effort to get the House Republicans (write, call and generally harangue the bastages) on-board with following through on their talk of defunding Obamacare via the debt limit negotiations this fall?
  • Californians against Obamacare have some nice, shiney new Obamacare call centers with phone banks just begging to be jammed, I'm sure other targets of opportunity will appear as we go along.
  • Why aren't groups like FreedomWorks pushing State Attorney's General to look into the equal protections impact of the suspension of the "Employer Mandate" by executive fiat while the "Individual Mandate" remains intact?
  • Wouldn't it just be fun & games if all the Tea Party Group members decided to write letters to the HHS asking 4 pages of inane questions regarding Obamacare? I bet those nice bureaucrats at the HHS would appreciate all the attention.
  • The Obamacare exchanges will run on "the honor" system for at least the duration of CY 2014, if that isn't an open invitation to gum up the works I don't know what is.
  • Speaking of exchanges, a couple of million subsidy applications written in Japanese, Chinese and Polish .... after all nothing says exchange like foreign languages.

I'm sure the nice folks at FreedomWorks can come up with a whole lot more, after all they're in the business of doing this sort of thing.

Really? Wanna bet taglines that that crap is never gonna happen?

I mean..................the conservatives (meaning the tea baggers) are good at bumper sticker slogans to sell to the people, but how many would really turn out for a rally?

I'd guess very few............

LOL, not at this point but if I ever feel the urge to engage in juvenile shenanigans I'll give you a shout.

I mean..................
Waiting with baited breath............... :popcorn:

the conservatives (meaning the tea baggers) are good at bumper sticker slogans to sell to the people
Saw the bumper stickers, read 'em, wasn't impressed.

, but how many would really turn out for a rally?
Apparently enough to get the left wingers all foaming at the mouth and calling them names, how many were required to achieve that?

LOL, not at this point but if I ever feel the urge to engage in juvenile shenanigans I'll give you a shout.

the conservatives (meaning the tea baggers) are good at bumper sticker slogans to sell to the people

Apparently enough to get the left wingers all foaming at the mouth and calling them names, how many were required to achieve that?

The rallies haven't yet happened, so there are no left wingers foaming at the mouth.

And yeah...................we can wait until later to bet taglines, but because you know you're in a losing position, I'm guessing you're never going to bet.

Nice to know you're a coward without conviction, but the rhetoric seems to fit you fine.........

At least...................until you're challenged.......................

The rallies haven't yet happened, so there are no left wingers foaming at the mouth.
Hmmm... one wonders what the left is all upset about then, just that time of the month I guess. :dunno:

And yeah...................we can wait until later to bet taglines,
Don't hold your breath, why the hell would I want your "tagline"? so I can be associated with every random thought you deem worthy of putting to prose, no thanks I'd rather set my hair on fire.

Nice to know you're a coward without conviction, but the rhetoric seems to fit you fine.........
Now I'm a "coward?, I gave you what you asked for and now you're going to call me names? where does one develop such a high degree of class? I mean besides a penitentiary of course.

At least...................until you're challenged.......................
Somehow the prospects of that eventuality originating from anywhere in your general vicinity seem quite dim.

Quick question..............if you (and the rest of the group known as "us") are against Obamacare, where are the more effective methods of protest?

best form of protest I know of is getting the house to de fund the mess.

So they want everyone to waste paper and pollute the environment. Nice..........

Really? And how is burning an Obamacard health insurance card (issued by Freedomworks) going to help your cause?

Are a bunch of rednecks (and conservative idiots) burning their cards that they issued to themselves from a website that wants their money really going to "defund da mess"?

I mean..................the U.S. House of Representatives wasted taxpayer money and time to vote to defund or get rid of Obamacare over 38 times, probably up to 40 by now..................

Is that a good expenditure (meaning spending) of the taxpayer money? Especially when we're supposed to be in a deficit I think the Congress would be better served by trying to serve the will of the people.

Bottom line.. Obamacare was spawned by Democrat corruption, the American people overwhelmingly disapprove of it and it's just another freeloaders bazaar for liberal voters.

Last edited:

best form of protest I know of is getting the house to de fund the mess.

Agreed, although counting on Republicans to ignore the politics and stick to their principles has been an exercise in disappointment lately, maybe they'll surprise on the upside though. :dunno:

Apparently, they're thinking that they're going to inspire people to repeal Obamacare because when hippies were burning their draft cards back in the 60's (issued by the U.S. Government BTW), that was one of the things that helped turn public sentiment against the Viet Nam war.

Burn Your ObamaCare Card

Now..................if the government had actually issued the cards, then Freedomworks might have a point.

But, since Freedomworks is both telling you to make your own Obamacare card, as well as then telling you to turn around and burn it, it has little effect other than for people who believe as they do to get some sort of good feeling about "doing" something about Obamacare, when in reality, they are doing nothing other than signing up for their e-mail lists so they can ask you for money.

Probably one of the saddest political statements I've seen in a long time.

My question is, who are the morons who are going to sign onto the site, print an Obamacare card, laminate it (makes it look more official that way) and then burn the damn thing after they'd already spent a whole bunch of time making it in the first place?

Stephen Colbert did a really good bit on this very subject the other night, and I thought it was just one of his schticks, but go follow the link provided, and you'll see that it's real.

The same morons who believe and themselves spread the lies propagated by rightwing websites.

Bottom line.. Obamacare was spawned by Democrat corruption, the American people overwhelmingly disapprove of it and it's just another freeloaders bazaar for liberal voters.

You may wish to check your statistics.................

Yeah.........if you call it Obamacare, many people will be against it because they don't understand what it entails.

However...............if you outline the standards, as well as what it will provide, generally, around 86 percent of the country says it's a good idea, and that even includes Republicans.

The only ones against Obamacare are those in the Tea Party. They just hate that there's a black man in the White House.

Sorry..................but the majority of the GOP (and the fringe who have managed to worm their way into office know as the Tea Party) are against anything that would move this nation forward.

Get rid of the right wing fringers known as the Tea Party, and get in some people who know how to move this nation forward.

Ted Cruz ain't it. He was born Canadian.......................

You may wish to check your statistics.................

Yeah.........if you call it Obamacare, many people will be against it because they don't understand what it entails.

However...............if you outline the standards, as well as what it will provide, generally, around 86 percent of the country says it's a good idea, and that even includes Republicans.

The only ones against Obamacare are those in the Tea Party. They just hate that there's a black man in the White House.

Sorry..................but the majority of the GOP (and the fringe who have managed to worm their way into office know as the Tea Party) are against anything that would move this nation forward.

Get rid of the right wing fringers known as the Tea Party, and get in some people who know how to move this nation forward.

Ted Cruz ain't it. He was born Canadian.......................

I have this feeling that no matter what I say or you say we will generally not agree..other than your OP (strangely enough) that I agreed with..:lol:...pure silliness.

Forum List

Back