From soup nazis to nuts: 100 best 'seinfeld' characters

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
FROM SOUP NAZIS TO NUTS: 100 BEST 'SEINFELD' CHARACTERS

For "a show about nothing," Seinfeld certainly had a lot of somebodies weaving in and out of its fictional Upper West Side universe. For every one of the sitcom's main foursome, there were practically dozens of agitated relatives, annoyed ex-boyfriends and girlfriends, beleaguered shopkeepers, bad dates, celebrity drop-bys and put-upon coworkers.

(There were even nice "opposite" versions of Seinfeld, George and Kramer — the "Bizarro Jerry" crew.)

In fact, when we talk about our favorite Seinfeld episodes or quote our favorite lines, many of them revolve around the nut cases, nasty New Yorkers and "no soup for you!" villains who entered in the main characters' orbit: Hey, remember the one with the "close talker"? Or the one where Kramer's girlfriend has the "Jimmy legs"? "So my ex-boyfriend came over last night, and yada yada yada, I'm really tired today." "Elaine, you gotta have a bayyy-beeeee!"

So we've assessed and assembled the 100 greatest Seinfeld characters, and ranked them in order of their significance to the Seinfeldverse, their overall hilarity factor and our own personal preferences. Yes, Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer are here — and so are the soup nazis, the library cops, the bubble boys and the horny dentists who make the series so endlessly re-watchable. Sit back, grab some Junior Mints and enjoy.

From Soup Nazis to Nuts: 100 Best 'Seinfeld' Characters | Rolling Stone

For "a show about nothing," Seinfeld certainly had a lot of somebodies weaving in and out of its fictional Upper West Side universe. For every one of the sitcom's main foursome, there were practically dozens of agitated relatives, annoyed ex-boyfriends and girlfriends, beleaguered shopkeepers, bad dates, celebrity drop-bys and put-upon coworkers.

(There were even nice "opposite" versions of Seinfeld, George and Kramer — the "Bizarro Jerry" crew.)

In fact, when we talk about our favorite Seinfeld episodes or quote our favorite lines, many of them revolve around the nut cases, nasty New Yorkers and "no soup for you!" villains who entered in the main characters' orbit: Hey, remember the one with the "close talker"? Or the one where Kramer's girlfriend has the "Jimmy legs"? "So my ex-boyfriend came over last night, and yada yada yada, I'm really tired today." "Elaine, you gotta have a bayyy-beeeee!"
So we've assessed and assembled the 100 greatest Seinfeld characters, and ranked them in order of their significance to the Seinfeldverse, their overall hilarity factor and our own personal preferences. Yes, Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer are here — and so are the soup nazis, the library cops, the bubble boys and the horny dentists who make the series so endlessly re-watchable. Sit back, grab some Junior Mints and enjoy.

Its ......You gotta see the bayyy-beeee

Its ......You gotta see the bayyy-beeee

When you right, you right!

And you is right.

Thanks for this post, Mojo2.

I would be hard pressed to name ONE single character on the many years of "SEINFELD", because even the characters appearing for no more than a minute in one episode were so beautifully and sharply defined. (For example: Eleine's dad, or George's friend's father, who set the cat on fire, or Pappy, or the girl who insisted on getting Eleine's shoes, or the NBC executive etc.).

But my favorite is Mr. Peterman.

I like the one where Jerry's car had BO

Last edited:
I can't believe Shakey the mohel is not on the list.

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back