From WaPo: Just Who Does Jon Stewart Think He Is?

Annie! Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are both running shows on The COMEDY Channel. They are no different from Bill Maher (who I suppose you hate) and the ranting guy whose name I forget but who is also hilarious.

WTF should comedians avoid talking about politics? Especially NOW?

Because they are siding with those that are dragging this Republic down...and making a mockery of what's going on...they can NEVER be taken seriously...only MOCKED, and shunned for their stupidity.

They are taking a very serious situation...and making it a joke.

*WE* aren't laughing...especially those out of work Maddie.

You need to get a clue.

hey, it's 'non-partisan.' :cool: :rolleyes:

Annie! Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are both running shows on The COMEDY Channel. They are no different from Bill Maher (who I suppose you hate) and the ranting guy whose name I forget but who is also hilarious.

Because they are siding with those that are dragging this Republic down...and making a mockery of what's going on...they can NEVER be taken seriously...only MOCKED, and shunned for their stupidity.

You need to get a clue.

That's what they want every one to belive. These cretins are certainly partisan...especially the ones cited in this thread...especially the loser MAHER.

You need to get a clue.

Neither comedian has ridiculed unemployed people that I have ever seen. They just poke the rich and powerful...on both sides. Why is it bad to laugh in hard times? How do you cope without laughing?

You need to get a clue.

Neither comedian has ridiculed unemployed people that I have ever seen. They just poke the rich and powerful...on both sides. Why is it bad to laugh in hard times? How do you cope without laughing?

Which goes to show that *YOU* Completely miss the point of Beck's Event...and theirs that is meant to MOCK Beck's.

Jeeze Maddie...you really are stupid and unthinking.

The T wrote:

That's what they want every one to belive. These cretins are certainly partisan...especially the ones cited in this thread...especially the loser MAHER.

SO FUCKING WHAT?

He's hilarious...I just re-upped my HBO for his show. I got a deal on three months and grabbed it.

Who's the conservative comedian? Dark hair, does these genius rants? You guys need to watch him.....I think you'd be happy to laugh as long as it was at absurd people you don't like.

Everyone needs laughter.

Found it! Dennis Miller. Give him a chance, Annie.....I think you'll like him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXKn6qZoCs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXKn6qZoCs[/ame]

The T wrote:

SO FUCKING WHAT?

He's hilarious...I just re-upped my HBO for his show. I got a deal on three months and grabbed it.

Who's the conservative comedian? Dark hair, does these genius rants? You guys need to watch him.....I think you'd be happy to laugh as long as it was at absurd people you don't like.

Everyone needs laughter.

Repitition gets RESULTS in any lesson...

[And you are a Follower...with no real mind of yer own]...

THINK for yourself Maddie...THINK...these people are no different than you or I...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0[/ame]

Jon Lebowitz? Hero? Bill Maher...Hero? Colbert? Hero?

Demogogues...making FUN of *YOU*...Wake the Hell up Maddie...

One thing a conservative can bank on in an election cycle is to have "the entertainers" to have every left wing nutbar on their shows.

Obama will be on the Daily Show. Jane Fonda was on Oprah. It's like clockwork pre election.

And best of best, Michelle ma belle Obama will be on Ellen tomorrow. The entertainers know they have a bully pulpit and use it.

BTW I've been a fan for years. His hit piece on Alan Grayson was smoking.

One thing a conservative can bank on in an election cycle is to have "the entertainers" to have every left wing nutbar on their shows.

Obama will be on the Daily Show. Jane Fonda was on Oprah. It's like clockwork pre election.

And best of best, Michelle ma belle Obama will be on Ellen tomorrow. The entertainers know they have a bully pulpit and use it.

BTW I've been a fan for years. His hit piece on Alan Grayson was smoking.

And Obama has been on that Cackling Hen Show known as The View.

And those hens should just lay their eggs and shut up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The T wrote:

And Obama has been on that Cackling Hen Show known as The View.

And those hens should just lay their eggs and shut up.

Have you seen USArmyRetired's thread about the language they used?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...ing-to-hell-that-moron-stupid-evil-b-tch.html

Un-fucking-believable. That show is one network tv at 11 am.

*EDUCATING MADDIE* Stage THREE

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0[/ame]

Ain't buying it Maddie...

There is nothing satirical about copying an idea.

To repeat: the "Rally to Restore Sanity" is a parody of the "Rally to Restore Honor." And in case anyone is unclear on what a parody is:

A parody (pronounced /ˈpærədiː/; also called send-up, spoof or lampoon), in contemporary usage, is a work created to mock, comment on, or make fun at an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon (2000: 7) puts it, "parody … is imitation, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith (2000: 9), defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice." Often, the most satisfying element of a good parody is seeing others mistake it for the genuine article.​

For some of you, that last line is key.

Maddie? Only *YOU* Can set you free...

Look, The T, I feel ya. It sucks like death, this economy. I have friends my age who are unemployed, cannot yet retire and are hopeless about finding work. Losing their homes, pulling their kids out of college....it's a nightmare. If you cope only by being angry, fine.

We use love, and laughter, and mutual support. I suggest you get you some, and I wish you the best.

Maddie? Only *YOU* Can set you free...

Look, The T, I feel ya. It sucks like death, this economy. I have friends my age who are unemployed, cannot yet retire and are hopeless about finding work. Losing their homes, pulling their kids out of college....it's a nightmare. If you cope only by being angry, fine.

We use love, and laughter, and mutual support. I suggest you get you some, and I wish you the best.

And whom brought that on?

Gubmint...what so proudly YOU hail...and support.

You are getting boring*

NEXT!

Forum List

Back