Full clip with audio of self defense shooting in Houston robbery

You kidding me? Just back from traveling on family (sort of) emergency last night and have not read anything. If you are serious, all I can say is wow!
Here's the link.

Here's the link.

Oh shit....It got even better....He rifled the perp's pockets and got the money, and gave it back....Looked like he made sure to leave a tip too. :laughing0301:

Here's the link.

That is kind of unreal! He got the money off the dead thug robber, gave it back to the customers that were robbed, then they all left, with nobody there when the police arrived but the dead thug and store employees.
Wow. Yes, I can bet they definitely want to talk to him. I suspect the only reason there aren't charging is lacking a name and wanting to make nice, to maybe get him to come in on his own.
In my opinion, he was good to go, with the first 4 shots in the back (after all, his back was to him). After that, he did everything wrong possible, that I have ever heard of. I am pretty sure, he is in big trouble.
1673208737103.png

That is kind of unreal! He got the money off the dead thug robber, gave it back to the customers that were robbed, then they all left, with nobody there when the police arrived but the dead thug and store employees.
Wow. Yes, I can bet they definitely want to talk to him. I suspect the only reason there aren't charging is lacking a name and wanting to make nice, to maybe get him to come in on his own.
In my opinion, he was good to go, with the first 4 shots in the back (after all, his back was to him). After that, he did everything wrong possible, that I have ever heard of. I am pretty sure, he is in big trouble.
View attachment 745983
I think he's going to be in trouble...but I'd donate to his defense...and I don't think a jury in Texas will convict if the circumstances are as they've been portrayed. I don't give a crap if that fellas a convicted felon...I wouldn't send him to prison for this.

I think he's going to be in trouble...but I'd donate to his defense...and I don't think a jury in Texas will convict if the circumstances are as they've been portrayed. I don't give a crap if that fellas a convicted felon...I wouldn't send him to prison for this.
I suspect he is a hood or fomer hood, himself, with run-ins with the law. I cannot countenance the coup de grace shot, after weapon had been removed from reach. I am pretty sure he would be charged, if found. Not sure how seriously he will be searched for, taking the situation into account.

Damn! He put him down like a boss!

According to self defense expert lawyer, first 4 shots were legal, second 4 shots maybe legal, last shot may land guy in jail…..

According to self defense expert lawyer, first 4 shots were legal, second 4 shots maybe legal, last shot may land guy in jail…..

Seems plausible for the prosecution to argue something like that.

Go for jury trial.

If I was on a jury, I might look at it a bit differently. Regardless of what the statutes state, there are some important practical aspects to it...

- Dude was being a hero. He was trying to potentially save lots of lives by taking down a mad gunman.
- Perp may have been sure to die from the prior shots anyway. Forensics will make a determination of the fatal shots. Defense might be able to argue one of the early shots was fatal.
- I would cut the defendant slack. No slack for the violent criminal who made some bad choices which turned into appropriate consequences.
- Pointing a gun at others in a threatening way may naturally result in retaliatory lethal self defense.
- What a waste of taxpayer money to go after the hero.

It's unfortunate that so many shots were fired by our hero. Oops. Not guilty.

In Canada the shooting would be found to be not justified, due to the fact that the bad guy was no threat to others.

On account of that attitude toward this style of summary execution, we can save lives of our citizens who haven't been found guilty of any crime.

I point this out as a different opinion than what is popular on this discussion.

I suspect he is a hood or fomer hood, himself, with run-ins with the law. I cannot countenance the coup de grace shot, after weapon had been removed from reach. I am pretty sure he would be charged, if found. Not sure how seriously he will be searched for, taking the situation into account.

Yeah...that last shot could land him in jail......there is no way around that last one....

He had a gun. The other patrons had no way of knowing it wasn't real. He PRESENTED a believable threat and THAT is the crime.
I'm glad he's dead.
Canadian law doesn't see it that way, regardless of whether the bun was real or a toy.

I'm glad he's dead.

I think most Canadians would be glad that everyone survived.

Forum List

Back