Gallagher passes away at 76

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Watermelons everywhere rejoice

1668188478666.gif

Last edited:
For me his act became stale really quick. Mostly his audience seemed to be the college age hipster crowd. The entertainment business is tough to be successful but he found a nitch and made a career of it. He will be remembered and most likely his act will be copied for generations to come. Good legacy to have.

Watermelons everywhere rejoice

So sorry. For his wife, that is.
True story... He came to my shop and started ordering us (me and my employee) around. He was a total jackass. He started yelling orders to his wife and made her cry. I told him to leave. He flipped me off and left. LOL!

I was never a fan, not a fan of prop comedy and that seemed to overshadow the rest of his comedy. I met him once at a gas station in Calabasas, he seemed to be a nice guy, at least in that brief moment. I appreciate that a lot of folks liked him and he sure was big in the 80s.

Ultimately, for me, it's just another indicator of how time is passing for me... another piece of my youth dead... with me closer to the end than the beginning...

Judging by the story I read, he was not well for quite some time, may he finally rest well now.

Back in the 80;s I saw him a couple of times, never left disappointed he was not only hilarious but he was clever too.

One of my favorite Gallagher bits was when he talked about spelling in the English language

Let’s look at the number “1”
wah, Wah, won
no, it’s ONE
Wheres the “W”??

Now, let’s look at the number “2”
TWO

THERES the W

Having to wear a raincoat to watch a comic was kind of weird. Sight comics are a dime a dozen.

In his day, Gallagher really packed in the arenas
His act was quirky but funny

A lot of lame gags, observations and prop comedy
But he made you laugh

Forum List

Back