R.I.P. Bob Newhart

I always liked his performances. Of his sitcoms, Newhart, as the Inn Keeper was the best, although Larry, Darryl and Darryl stole the show whenever they were on.
That Larry, Darryl and Darryl thing always reminded me of a pair of highspanic brothers I coached in basketball years ago.
The father’s name was Jose and he spoke zero English. The two brothers were assimilated and both were also named Jose.
I referred to the three as Jose, Hose-B and Hose-C, respectively.

One of the greatest comedians of his era

He could get more out of a grin or blank stare than most could get out of their whole routine. He was a great straight man

His career went all the way back to comedy albums, Ed Sullivan and Jack Parr he was still working this year

His dry humor was unique. He could say something with an absolute straight face and you wouldn't catch what he said for a second and then it would hit you and you're like holy shit that was funny.

One of the greatest comedians of his era

He could get more out of a grin or blank stare than most could get out of their whole routine. He was a great straight man

His career went all the way back to comedy albums, Ed Sullivan and Jack Parr he was still working this year
In college we loved playing Bob.

Lou Dobbs died today, too.
Very sad to have read this earlier. He was the only reason I stayed with Fox, after leaving them to stay only with Fox Business News. Lou Dobbs was the only reason and when they cut him I cut Fox News Network in it's entirety, never to return. Lou was not only a solidly savvy reporter, he was a gentleman and I grew to love him, the Lou behind the anchor. Rest in peace, Lou. You take the love and respect of thousands of viewers who watched you everyday. You were trusted. Your smile will live on in my heart forever. Condolences to your family you cherished.

As good as anybody ever with the deadpan and second look and having words stammer out
Bob was the best. His dry wit and soft style made him irresistible to one and all. Laughter all the way through. R.I.P. Bob Newhart. You made the hard work of comedy seem effortless which helped your audience leave their hardships for a while and enjoy the pleasure of your company. You were a STAR!!!!! 🌟 So happy your repeats are everywhere.

Very sad to have read this earlier. He was the only reason I stayed with Fox, after leaving them to stay only with Fox Business News. Lou Dobbs was the only reason and when they cut him I cut Fox News Network in it's entirety, never to return. Lou was not only a solidly savvy reporter, he was a gentleman and I grew to love him, the Lou behind the anchor. Rest in peace, Lou. You take the love and respect of thousands of viewers who watched you everyday. You were trusted. Your smile will live on in my heart forever. Condolences to your family you cherished.

Yeah, I liked Lou, too. One of the few I did like in the mainstream, in fact.

• Love
Reactions: Ava

Forum List

Back