Gavin Newsom Says California Will Have Hard Time With New Anti-Discrimination Law

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Well, this doesn't surprise me. One of the most racist states in the country's governor says the state will have a hard time complying with a law against discriminating against people based on race. Why is California so racist?

thats intersting considering california tried to undo affirmative action a few yrs ago,,,

Well, this doesn't surprise me. One of the most racist states in the country's governor says the state will have a hard time complying with a law against discriminating against people based on race. Why is California so racist?

Maybe CA needs to close all its colleges then. Say, didn't Hillary become director or something of all of the UC colleges?

California did away with affirmative action in 1996. Newsom would know that if he could read, and wasn't stupid.

janet rino did,, not sure about the hildabeast,,

Interesting. The jobs are just rolling in for Hillary, and for what? I bet she doesn't do squat for any of them and they just send her money! And for what? Because she is a twice-failed presidential candidate? Or maybe a former Sec of State investigated for running a quid pro quo operation out of her office?

Meanwhile, I wonder how many job offers have rolled Trump's way?

you have it backwards.. 96 they implimented AA,, they tried to undo it a few yrs ago with prop 16

FALSE

1996 the people put on the ballot and voted in favor of Proposition 209 which said "The state shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting."

The racist Democrats put on the ballot in 2020 Proposition 16 to undo Prop 209 and reinstate government-backed racism. The majority of voters voted against Prop 16.

FALSE

1996 the people put on the ballot and voted in favor of Proposition 209 which said "The state shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting."

The racist Democrats put on the ballot in 2020 Proposition 16 to undo Prop 209 and reinstate government-backed racism. The majority of voters voted against Prop 16.
thats what I just said,,

I may have read your comment backwards in my mind,,

FALSE

prop 16 would have allowed discrimination if passed,,, that would eliminate AA,,

209 says they cant discriminate,, doesnt say nothing about special treatment/considerations which is what AA is all about,,

I think our confusion is in the dbl speak of laws and their titles,,

its all kinda weird,,,

prop 16 would have allowed discrimination if passed,,, that would eliminate AA,,

209 says they cant discriminate,, doesnt say nothing about special treatment/considerations which is what AA is all about,,

For emphasis...

It’s hard for the Left to not use skin color to grade peoples worth.

For emphasis...

that makes it more confusing why newsome is against it,,,
It’s hard for the Left to not use skin color to grade peoples worth.
unless they are a conservative,,,

that makes it more confusing why newsome is against it,,,
Newsom engages in one of the most common tactics from the Democratic Party Playbook:
Virtue signaling

California law, amended by the voters, already prohibits racial discrimination and preferential treatment.

Newsom is railing in a Supreme Court decision the California voters have addressed and secured twice via voting.

Newsom engages in one of the most common tactics from the Democratic Party Playbook:
Virtue signaling

California law, amended by the voters, already prohibits racial discrimination and preferential treatment.

Newsom is railing in a Supreme Court decision the California voters have addressed and secured twice via voting.
no ones ever accused him of being very bright,,

Seems to me colleges (if run by sane people) would be saying "free at last". ;)

Promoting the best and brightest is no sin, regardless of what skin suit they are wearing.

Any sane person would say "the people I want to get into colleges first and get jobs first are the ones with ambition, intelligence, experience, merit and with the best scores". That makes sure the most qualified people to first.

You encourage and help the best and brightest achieve their levels of potential. And not everyone has the same level of potential. I'm a building guy and a lot of people can't do what I do, and I can't be a doctor or a lot of other things.

Just because you're black doesn't entitle you to shit, that's being equal because they have to make their own way just like Asians, whites and everyone else does.

Forum List

Back