Gay statists strike again...you will submit!!!!

The government, and companies that do business with the government should be equal in all matters. People, especially people who provide services that are not necessities, and are contracted out should be able to refuse anyone they want to. The state is basically enforcing morality here, and its a morality that isn't agreed upon with an overriding majority.

The only resulting harm to the aggrieved parties is having to find another place to patronize and their feewings being injured. This isn't the South before the 60's where whole towns were divided, where separate was 100% unequal, and where government was enforcing the separation.

Let's use me as an example. I'm a private citizen, not a business owner of any sort. Two or three times every week I bake cookies and cupcakes for the apt community (we're a round building and facing inwards my unit and everyone else's feels very much like an enclosed micro-community with all the rec stuff on the interior like pool, tennis courts, etc.) I try to give em out to everyone who wants one, and have never said no if asked for one. But I don't offer them to everyone. Some people don't need any more cookies or cupcakes shall we say. :) But because I'm not selling them, nor operating a home-run business I can offer them or withhold them at will. I'd never say no though even to fat people (they know they're fat, it's their call.) But I"m fully within my rights to do so.

But if I ran a business, had a business license, was subject to health inspections and codes and laws, I'd expect to be fully under obligation to sell them to everyone regardless. If part of this business was a store I wouldn't be able to refuse service to people I didn't like if doing so violated their civil rights. As it is though, here in Missouri there are no equal rights for LGBT so presumedly I could. But if a state has such equality then you can't. Without looking I'm gonna assume New York state has such equality. So if you're running an actual business, your services or goods or accomodations must be available for everyone, simple as that. You want the tax breaks and all that goodies that goes with owening a legal business you gotta play by the state's rules.

Do the people who buy cookies from you know about some of the threads you've started in the Health & Lifestyles forum here?

Do their children know???

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
See, I agree with what people are saying here...a private business isn't private property anymore...and neither should your home...when you want to hire someone to do something for you...you should be mandated under federal civil rights law to prove that who you hire is not based on denying a privileged class of people their right to do that work...

for example, you need a plumber to install a fixture...so you bring in several plumbers to get their quotes for the work...now right there you have a situation that could be filled with discrimination...right...so once you decide on the plumber we need to make sure you hired them from a completely neutral stand...

so...before you can get the work done to your private residence you should be required to submit all the information to an anti discrimination in hiring board...for example...if you hire a white plumber...but there was a minority plumber also available..well...that would need to be investigated...wouldn't...

Or...before you hire a plumber they will have to verify their sexual persuasion...to make sure you are not discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation...Right?

after all, your home isn't really your home...you had to have the public in every aspect of that home...you used public roads to move the materials, public schools taught the workers, the public supplies water and gas to your home, the publics police protect your home...

so really...you don't own the home, it is really a public place....right...

I asked a Republican once, "How many gay people do you know?" He said, "My wife's hairdresser, but we've never actually talked".

So I asked him if he was against gay marriage. He said yes. I asked why. He said because it ruins marriage for everyone.

So someone you never talked to is going to ruin your marriage? What else is there to say?

See, I agree with what people are saying here...a private business isn't private property anymore...and neither should your home...when you want to hire someone to do something for you...you should be mandated under federal civil rights law to prove that who you hire is not based on denying a privileged class of people their right to do that work...

for example, you need a plumber to install a fixture...so you bring in several plumbers to get their quotes for the work...now right there you have a situation that could be filled with discrimination...right...so once you decide on the plumber we need to make sure you hired them from a completely neutral stand...

so...before you can get the work done to your private residence you should be required to submit all the information to an anti discrimination in hiring board...for example...if you hire a white plumber...but there was a minority plumber also available..well...that would need to be investigated...wouldn't...

Or...before you hire a plumber they will have to verify their sexual persuasion...to make sure you are not discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation...Right?

after all, your home isn't really your home...you had to have the public in every aspect of that home...you used public roads to move the materials, public schools taught the workers, the public supplies water and gas to your home, the publics police protect your home...

You are confusing the Business and the Customer. If you are hiring a plumber....you are a Customer....there are no laws preventing the Customer from discriminating. However...if you are the Business and have a Business license, you are not allowed, by law, to discriminate.

See.....a very clear difference between a Business and a Customer that you failed to notice. Glad to have been of some help in your moment of confusion. :D

Gay statists

Is this an anagram for Statist?

There is always someone pushing their agenda in publib. I lived two blocks from a Later Day Saints Church. I got at least 2 visits a month when they would interpret The Book of Mormon...

Last edited:

No, you are not right. You have no understanding of Public Accommodation laws at all.

featured_image_template1.png

Do you setup your living room like a restaurant?

This photo is from their website showing their indoor venue.

>>>>

I don;t disagree that the laws exists, what I state is they are wrong.

Well, you're welcome to think the laws are wrong. But they're not going to change.

And eventually all you assholes will be dead, and shit like this will be looked back on the same way we look at "colored" drinking fountains now.
Actually with Obama care and the government will be paying the tab, reckless activities will be banned or taxed to death. It will be more like, you assholes will eventually ban or tax to death being queer.

:lol:
You understood what he posted? If so, please tell me where I can get such a decoder ring. And, I agree with Marty that the laws are not good things, but I'd say that about a lot of laws.

No, the laughing smiley was meant to represent my utter bewilderment. I have no idea what he was trying to say.

I don't like these laws either, but neither do I like people using their religion as an excuse to discriminate.
I was referring to the government controlling our healthcare. Since queers carry more diseases, they can become a reckless class. Since they cost more. Think I'm crazy? Just ask smokers or fat people.

Well, you're welcome to think the laws are wrong. But they're not going to change.

And eventually all you assholes will be dead, and shit like this will be looked back on the same way we look at "colored" drinking fountains now.
Actually with Obama care and the government will be paying the tab, reckless activities will be banned or taxed to death. It will be more like, you assholes will eventually ban or tax to death being queer.

You understood what he posted? If so, please tell me where I can get such a decoder ring. And, I agree with Marty that the laws are not good things, but I'd say that about a lot of laws.

No, the laughing smiley was meant to represent my utter bewilderment. I have no idea what he was trying to say.

I don't like these laws either, but neither do I like people using their religion as an excuse to discriminate.

Personally, I'm disappointed there was no Benghazi reference....I'm missing those now.

It's still being investigated, but his Iraq disaster kinda makes bengazi look small. Where is Obama at again?

So much for gays not invading private homes.

When you rent out your living room for wedding receptions and parties, your living room is no longer a "private home". The selling of that space makes it closer to a restaurant, inn, or meeting hall.

>>>>

Bull fucking shit.

Did you notice that they offered to host the reception before you offered a half assed justification for an absurd law? In other words, they were not actually discriminating against anyone.

By the way, why do they have to pay restitution? Did they take some money and then refuse to host the wedding?

So what? It's against the law in NY to discriminate against someone for their sexual orientation.

Even in your own house?

Does that mean i can move in with the lesbians?

If you own a commercial business, the fact that you live on the premises wouldn't change the application of public accommodation laws.

I was referring to the government controlling our healthcare. Since queers carry more diseases, they can become a reckless class. Since they cost more. Think I'm crazy? Just ask smokers or fat people.
Lesbians, such as those denied the wedding, carry less diseases than straight males do. :D

It was unquestionable that the premises normally rented out for receptions was rented to this lesbian couple. The couple wanted to invade the private home to have the wedding in their living room. Occasionally the family home has been used for weddings. This should not make it a public space any more than my giving dinner parties makes my dining room a restaurant.

Giving a dinner party in your living room doesn't make it a place of Public Accommodation.

Operating a business out of your living room, kitchen, and dinning room by advertizing and using it as part of your business does make it more akin to a restaurant. If they don't want to rent their living spaces, they are under no obligation to do so. However IF THEY CHOOSE to do so, then it fell under New Yorks Public Accommodation law since they were using it for business purposes.

Don't want it to fall under the law? Not a problem, don't make it part of the business.

>>>>

Only if you believe that the state has the fucking power to invade your home.

Sieg Heil, Mein Herr.

Godwin's Law
A term that originated on Usenet, Godwin's Law states that as an online argument grows longer and more heated, it becomes increasingly likely that somebody will bring up Adolf Hitler or the Nazis. When such an event occurs, the person guilty of invoking Godwin's Law has effectively forfieted the argument.\

Urban Dictionary: Godwin's Law

>>>>

Does that make the law right, or does it simply prove you have access to all sorts of idiotic things via the internet?

It was unquestionable that the premises normally rented out for receptions was rented to this lesbian couple. The couple wanted to invade the private home to have the wedding in their living room. Occasionally the family home has been used for weddings. This should not make it a public space any more than my giving dinner parties makes my dining room a restaurant.

Giving a dinner party in your living room doesn't make it a place of Public Accommodation.

Operating a business out of your living room, kitchen, and dinning room by advertizing and using it as part of your business does make it more akin to a restaurant. If they don't want to rent their living spaces, they are under no obligation to do so. However IF THEY CHOOSE to do so, then it fell under New Yorks Public Accommodation law since they were using it for business purposes.

Don't want it to fall under the law? Not a problem, don't make it part of the business.

>>>>

Only if you believe that the state has the fucking power to invade your home.
So...if you run a food service out of your home, you don't think the state has the right to send in, rather invade your home, with health dept. inspectors?

Just like the bakers and photographers...they could have gone somewhere else...but as long as there is one person who does not agree with their lifestyle on religious grounds...they will not stop...and they will punish them....like us or pay the consequences...

Either we have equal rights for all in this country or we should quit saying we do. Whether it's gays, blacks, women, or some religious group if you get turned away because of who you are, what you are, or how you worship you're gonna raise a stink about it. And rightly so.

Can I move into your house? If not, how the fuck do we have equal rights? Shouldn't I have access to everything you do if we are all equal?

See the fucking flaw in your position yet or are you going to rationalize away the fact that you are a hypocritical asshole?

or gay people can man the fuck up and stop trying to get people to accept their lifestyle and just tolerate it.

none of these things are public accommodations. Public accommodation is when you walk into a store to buy something, or stay at a hotel, or get on a mode of transport. A small business that is contracted out on a per use basis is not publicly accommodating anything.

What truly galls me is that this wasn't an outright denial, but a condition and still these assholes sued these people because their FEEEWINGS were hurt.

Um...they were not sued. Nice try.

Yet they were, hence the judgement against them.

Want to try another lie?

The government, and companies that do business with the government should be equal in all matters. People, especially people who provide services that are not necessities, and are contracted out should be able to refuse anyone they want to. The state is basically enforcing morality here, and its a morality that isn't agreed upon with an overriding majority.

The only resulting harm to the aggrieved parties is having to find another place to patronize and their feewings being injured. This isn't the South before the 60's where whole towns were divided, where separate was 100% unequal, and where government was enforcing the separation.

Let's use me as an example. I'm a private citizen, not a business owner of any sort. Two or three times every week I bake cookies and cupcakes for the apt community (we're a round building and facing inwards my unit and everyone else's feels very much like an enclosed micro-community with all the rec stuff on the interior like pool, tennis courts, etc.) I try to give em out to everyone who wants one, and have never said no if asked for one. But I don't offer them to everyone. Some people don't need any more cookies or cupcakes shall we say. :) But because I'm not selling them, nor operating a home-run business I can offer them or withhold them at will. I'd never say no though even to fat people (they know they're fat, it's their call.) But I"m fully within my rights to do so.

But if I ran a business, had a business license, was subject to health inspections and codes and laws, I'd expect to be fully under obligation to sell them to everyone regardless. If part of this business was a store I wouldn't be able to refuse service to people I didn't like if doing so violated their civil rights. As it is though, here in Missouri there are no equal rights for LGBT so presumedly I could. But if a state has such equality then you can't. Without looking I'm gonna assume New York state has such equality. So if you're running an actual business, your services or goods or accomodations must be available for everyone, simple as that. You want the tax breaks and all that goodies that goes with owening a legal business you gotta play by the state's rules.

No I do not, I am perfectly free to ignore the state laws, just like the people in Feguson who loot the stores.

That, dear idiot, is called free will.

Forum List

Back