Zone1 generalizing helps no-one, keeps us trapped in misery(?)

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
hi.

i've noticed that people tend to generalize more in their use of basic words.

an Israeli military retaliation campaign[1] that tallied 1% of the Palestinian population as victims, many of whom were Hamas fighters, gets called a genocide so many times that that line gets fed as a source of tempting self-indoctrination on social media channels (among which also forums of course).

[1] One percent of Gaza Population killed in three months war

a protest by juststopoil.org gets called 'cultural terrorism', and is labeled worthy of the highest penalties.

extremism can be confined to words, sentences, paragraphs, books, movies, movie clips, and music (take gangster rap for instance).
extremism must be avoided where-ever possible.
it'll lead you and those near to you to your doom eventually.

Last edited:
hi.

an Israeli military retaliation campaign[1] that tallied 1% of the Palestinian population as victims, many of whom were Hamas fighters, gets called a genocide so many times that that line gets fed as a source of tempting self-indoctrination on social media channels (among which also forums of course).

a protest by juststopoil.org gets called 'cultural terrorism', and is labeled worthy of the highest penalties.

extremism can be confined to words, sentences, paragraphs, books, movies, movie clips, and music (take gangster rap for instance).
it'll lead you and those near you to your doom eventually.

Sounds like a generalization to me. As for those oil protestors, they shouldn't have poked the lion that is Taylor Swift.

Generalization and broad-brushing are political tools used to inflame and divide people. We see it dozens of times a day right here on USMB. "Genocide" "White Nationalist" "White Supremacy" "Insurrection" etc. are all hot button terms used to enrage and manipulate.

hi.

it'll lead you and those near to you to your doom eventually.
Which brings to question the remorse voiced for one 12 year old American child murdered by an immigrant??

Why such concern feigned for the 12 year old child as compared to a genocide that has take upwards of 50,000 innocent Palestinian people?

Do please keep in mind that I'm not speaking as an American who could be biased.

Which brings to question the remorse voiced for one 12 year old American child murdered by an immigrant??

Why such concern feigned for the 12 year old child as compared to a genocide that has take upwards of 50,000 innocent Palestinian people?

Do please keep in mind that I'm not speaking as an American who could be biased.
because people tend to care more about people close to home.
risk to them, means risk to your own loved ones.

and what disputes others get into at the other end of the world, is left to the politicians, bureaucrats, mass media, and technocrats.
no matter how horrible they get.

Forum List

Back