Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

uhc sucks.....so lets let unhealthy people die...good plan there....kinda like what private insurance companies have been doing for decades

You missed the key points......

You can't hide the numbers.....

Regardless of who pays.....if costs stay the same....insurance (if it is balanced) will stay too.

If you add costs of additional care....total insurance costs follow.

Natural.

People like Jake who think they speak for the pub party are dishonest to the core. The reasons he thinks the pubs are in disarray, is due to their refusal to go lock in step with a perverted culture. But he fails to acknowledge that the party has indeed been a partner in these terrible laws and policies so endured for almost 8 years now.

That is just why we have said enough

The party failed us, not you

-Geaux

People like Jake who think they speak for the pub party are dishonest to the core. The reasons he thinks the pubs are in disarray, is due to their refusal to go lock in step with a perverted culture. But he fails to acknowledge that the party has indeed been a partner in these terrible laws and policies so endured for almost 8 years now.

-Geaux

Fake is a liar and two-faced.

He states that the far right must move or the GOP will lose big.

This is because the mainstream is the ruling class of the GOP and groups like the Tea Party are the fringe.

But the fringe is going to win.

So who is really the fringe.

I suspect Jake will not support Trump.....which makes him a hypocrite.

The GOP is corrupt through and through.

Me...I am voting for Bernie Sanders.

-Geaux

This is because the mainstream is the ruling class of the GOP and groups like the Tea Party are the fringe.

I listened to Bernie give Her Thighness Clinton all she could handle in the last debate.

That pleased me

-Geaux

-Geaux

I listened to Bernie give Her Thighness Clinton all she could handle in the last debate.

That pleased me

-Geaux

Bernie and I don't agree on anything.....

But Bernie appears to care about people and he also seems to be honest.

Anymore....I crave that in a political leader....

It's in such short supply.

Caring about people does not mean giving them a bunch of goodies (which is where Bernie and I disagree).

But the basic human condition needs to be at the center of every conversation.

uhc sucks.....so lets let unhealthy people die...good plan there....kinda like what private insurance companies have been doing for decades

Regardless of who pays.....if costs stay the same....insurance (if it is balanced) will stay too.

Natural.
Add that to the fact that states can't meet the min $$ to qualify for the 80% federal match. So can't pay for the now bloated Medicare system.

Natural.
Add that to the fact that states can't meet the min $$ to qualify for the 80% federal match. So can't pay for the now bloated Medicare system.

States meeting requirements for "federal" help.

Madison would be crapping his drawers.

Why can't the states stand on their own ?

Does the federal government have some other money source (besides debt) besides the people in the states ?

The largest health care system has been a minor player, not getting the profits it thinks it should get.

Other companies will pick up the slack.

Now if it turns out the insured pool is not large enough, then either a single payer medicare-type program will replace it, or perhaps a two-tier system like Australia.

Even you know that as Conservatives and every single Republican opposed Obamacare, plus Lame Duck President Obama had to use bribery, payoffs, and most likely blackmail was needed to get it through Congress. That plus rules changes in order to shove this failed system up the...throats of American voters.

Can only assume you are addressing Fakey...she's on ignore.

The GOP didn't help things out when it had a chance.

We got Obamacare because GWB screwed up....not in passing legislation...but in leading the discussion.

He just stuck his head up his ass and started a couple of miserable wars.

Conservatives thought Bush was a moron.

Thank you for sharing. I see you too have chugged down the Progressive Kool Aid.

Obviously, you recognize the huge failure of Obamacare and...nearly EIGHT YEARS LATER you are blaming President Bush.

As you know too, there was overwhelming support for the invasion of Iraq by Congress and the UN.

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow."
- President Clinton in 1998

[…], when I say to Saddam Hussein, "You cannot defy the will of the world", and when I say to him, "You have used weapons of mass destruction before; we are determined to deny you the capacity to use them again.”
- President Clinton , Jan. 27, 1998 – State of the Union

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 .

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

“Earlier today, I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqis nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.”

“Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.”

“Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.”

- President Bill Clinton, Dec. 16, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 Clinton Secretary of State

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed."
- Madeline Albright, 1998 Clinton Secretary of State

Natural.

You mean Medicaid, that is the one run by the states for low-income people.

The largest health care system has been a minor player, not getting the profits it thinks it should get.

Other companies will pick up the slack.

Now if it turns out the insured pool is not large enough, then either a single payer medicare-type program will replace it, or perhaps a two-tier system like Australia.

Even you know that as Conservatives and every single Republican opposed Obamacare, plus Lame Duck President Obama had to use bribery, payoffs, and most likely blackmail was needed to get it through Congress. That plus rules changes in order to shove this failed system up the...throats of American voters.

Can only assume you are addressing Fakey...she's on ignore.

The GOP didn't help things out when it had a chance.

We got Obamacare because GWB screwed up....not in passing legislation...but in leading the discussion.

He just stuck his head up his ass and started a couple of miserable wars.

Conservatives thought Bush was a moron.

Thank you for sharing. I see you too have chugged down the Progressive Kool Aid.

Obviously, you recognize the huge failure of Obamacare and...nearly EIGHT YEARS LATER you are blaming President Bush.

As you know too, there was overwhelming support for the invasion of Iraq by Congress and the UN.

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow."
- President Clinton in 1998

[…], when I say to Saddam Hussein, "You cannot defy the will of the world", and when I say to him, "You have used weapons of mass destruction before; we are determined to deny you the capacity to use them again.”
- President Clinton , Jan. 27, 1998 – State of the Union

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 .

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

“Earlier today, I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqis nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.”

“Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.”

“Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.”

- President Bill Clinton, Dec. 16, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 Clinton Secretary of State

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed."
- Madeline Albright, 1998 Clinton Secretary of State

Let's be clear....

I blame Obama, Pelosi, and Reid for a great many things including allowing our debt to continue to rise.

But the fact remains that Bush, along with a GOP house and senate, threw away a huge opportunity to build upon the gains of the Clinton administration and Gingrich lead coalition of republicans.

History bears that out.

Obama is not a liberal...he's far left and a moron IME.

-Geaux

That pleased me

-Geaux

Caring about people does not mean giving them a bunch of goodies (which is where Bernie and I disagree).

bernie is a lot more honest then hillary

-Geaux

That pleased me

-Geaux

I would agree.

He also cares.

Hillary cares about one person.....Hillary.

-Geaux

That pleased me

-Geaux

That is a pretty low bar.

-Geaux

That pleased me

-Geaux

true

-Geaux

That pleased me

-Geaux

While I would agree......

I think Bernie is fairly consistent in his language.

Again, would not agree with much of anything....but at least I know what I am getting.

Hillary wants to be queen.

You haven't.

United is not a big player and is driven by profit motive for its share holders.

Understandable, yes, but we are entering an age where competent, affordable, accessible health care is mandatory for all Americans.

How can you say "we are entering an age where competent, affordable, accessible health care is mandatory for all Americans" when the exact opposite has been happening since the day it started?

Is everyone you know saving $2,500? If they liked their insurance, were they able to keep that plan? What about their doctor? If they liked their doctor, were all your friends able to keep those doctors?

The opposite, Markle sock, is not the case, only your silly comment.16 million people now have insurance they did not have before, the cost inflation line of health care has been flattening for six years now, most were able to keep their doctors, and those who did not were able to get better doctors. You can't prove differently.

65 to 70% of Americans like ACA or want it improved even more.

Ryan says a new 'contract with America' will be rolled out in July for the campaign, and that in the campaign will the GOP plan to improve ACA and institute a national health care plan.

We are not going back to the bad old system.

You haven't.

United is not a big player and is driven by profit motive for its share holders.

Understandable, yes, but we are entering an age where competent, affordable, accessible health care is mandatory for all Americans.

How can you say "we are entering an age where competent, affordable, accessible health care is mandatory for all Americans" when the exact opposite has been happening since the day it started?

Is everyone you know saving $2,500? If they liked their insurance, were they able to keep that plan? What about their doctor? If they liked their doctor, were all your friends able to keep those doctors?

You are not going to get a good answer...I know from experience.

The most laughable part of the phrase you quoted (I am only guessing it was Fakey who said this) is "affordable". Despite the bleating on the left about our percent of GPD spent on health care being to high (to advocate for Obummercare), it has not come down at all. We still spend 17%. That is roughly 8,500 per person per year for every man woman and child.

That basically means that, no matter how you cut it, that is the equivalent amount of money being taken from people, one way or the other to keep cost neutral. That is huge. I know many large families who spend nothing so that means someone is running up some huge medical bills.

Nobody is addressing that.

Despite Greenbeard's claims about cost....they have not come down.

The next piece is that Obamacare affects only a small number of people in terms of providing (costly, stupidly high deductible) insruance. However, it is impacting our own health care plans in order to provide that silly coverage.

In the middle health insurance companies are getting rich. Not off the exchanges...but in normal practice now that Obummercare is loading up our plans. They are pulling out of the exchange or (as is totally the case....plans are going to get a great deal more stupidly expensive).

Most of us kept our doctors. But the lie became a lie when the first person lost their doctor due to Obamacare (which did happen). You should realize that people were losing doctors long before Obamacare....an indication our system was not working well.

But Jakey's BS claims could not be further from the truth. The whole system is broken and they further broke it. He want's single payer....which he will never see.

Forum List

Back