Getting steroid shot next week

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
The pain doctor thinks it’s a arthritis problem and not a nerve

He asked me what recently injured it and I lied and said tennis as I thought wrestling would sound utterly disturbing

He asked me what recently injured it and I lied and said tennis as I thought wrestling would sound utterly disturbing

I would encourage you not to lie to your drs. Especially pain drs. They have heard a lot of things, I imagine.

Never had a steroid shot but know people who have, and they've had a lot of relief from them

I've had many.Alin Depot was the best one and lasts a few months. No biggie.It helps(not 100%---70% less pain I suppose) Gidder done.

you can take Turmeric for arthritis. it will help with the inflammation of the arthritis.

I've had many.Alin Depot was the best one and lasts a few months. No biggie.It helps(not 100%---70% less pain I suppose) Gidder done.
This is going to sound sophomoric
Will going back to beginner mma classes only exasperate the problem and undo the shot

If you need it you will feel like a new man a few hours after you get it. Usually some form of exercise is recommended in order to try and keep what it gives you. No talk of seeing a physio?

If you need it you will feel like a new man a few hours after you get it. Usually some form of exercise is recommended in order to try and keep what it gives you. No talk of seeing a physio?
My F insurance won’t pay a penny

Is it only 1 shot
I just need it to last 3 years

My F insurance won’t pay a penny

Is it only 1 shot
I just need it to last 3 years
I had been in agony with my shoulder for two/three years. I got a shot over a year ago. Come the evening I felt so good. I still do not have pain in that shoulder. Obviously being in the UK we don't need to pay at the point of delivery so I don't know how much it cost but my Dr did it. I did not need to go to hospital.

The cortisone shots will work for a while but each successive shot is not as effective and after a while they just don;t work at all

Be prepared for the side effects. You may want to take a dose of benadryl before you go

The cortisone shots will work for a while but each successive shot is not as effective and after a while they just don;t work at all

Be prepared for the side effects. You may want to take a dose of benadryl before you go
If I try my class again will that only immediately cause the pain to come back

I think the doctor said I would get an ablation

I had been in agony with my shoulder for two/three years. I got a shot over a year ago. Come the evening I felt so good. I still do not have pain in that shoulder. Obviously being in the UK we don't need to pay at the point of delivery so I don't know how much it cost but my Dr did it. I did not need to go to hospital.
I paid $500 cash

The USA seems to only work for the wealthier

I paid $500 cash

The USA seems to only work for the wealthier
Wow. That's a lot for something that only takes a couple of minutes. Do you know what is the matter? Are you sure a steroid jab is the answer.

I've always been given a physio and advised to go there and learn some exercises to keep things in place. I once had one who pulled everything into place. Did not feel all that much fun at the time but she really got results. Their not allowed to do that now in the NHS, Just give exercises. If you keep doing what you do and stretch it I would have thought that will help to keep it in place.

Wow. That's a lot for something that only takes a couple of minutes. Do you know what is the matter? Are you sure a steroid jab is the answer.

I've always been given a physio and advised to go there and learn some exercises to keep things in place. I once had one who pulled everything into place. Did not feel all that much fun at the time but she really got results. Their not allowed to do that now in the NHS, Just give exercises. If you keep doing what you do and stretch it I would have thought that will help to keep it in place.
The doc is awesome and thinks it’s spinal arthritis

The doc is awesome and thinks it’s spinal arthritis
Well I will be interested to hear how you do as that may be the reason for some back pain I have. Good luck. If things are right you should soon be feeling a lot better and ideally will find some exercises or go to a physio to keep it so. That is why some drs give the jab. It is too sore to move because of the arthritis so the steroid injection takes the pain away and one can start to build muscles where needed. I really hope all goes well for you.

The DOC was able to squeeze me in this morning

It was a bilaterial in the L4 and 5

not sure why the nurses had me pull down my pants. Felt a tad odd with my AZZ exposed

Anyways, its been several hours and I dont think its doing much.

Very sad

Maybe its help a misely 30 percent at most

Very much nothing

The surgery doc wants a full Disc replacement plus Fusion . This sounds way to extreme

I dont know if they will give me an ablasion

Forum List

Back