Girl Scout Cookies

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
My boys were in Boy Scouts......but how much of the sales of Girl Scout cookies goes to the local Girl Scout troop?

I hear the LGBTQ groups are still in the money now the bullies

My boys were in Boy Scouts......but how much of the sales of Girl Scout cookies goes to the local Girl Scout troop?
Since the girls are all about cookies, what do the boy scouts sell?

God bless you and both organizations always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if certain kids do not see themselves as a member of the gender that they were born as, both them females and male should be in a group together completely separate from the other two. It can be like the award shows. You never see a group or a duo nominated for the Male Artist of the Year award or the Female Artist of the Year award.

I fucking HATE girl scout cookie selling season. They have a display as you enter nearly every market. The parents watch as their cute little kid attempts to "guilt" you into buying a box of their shitty cookies and then you have to endure the looks of disdain from the parental units that are thinking to themselves "What a cheap bastard"....not ever knowing that I could provide dessert for an entire platoon of hungry Marines that subsisted on MREs during the last week of boot camp for a month from all the cookies that have yet to be consumed from yester-year I have socked away. The bottom line is that you have to pace yourself on this shit.

It's a constant beat down...fellow employees that have a child in the Scouts shoving one of their "How Many Can I Put You Down For?" sheets and taking the money in advance. It's such a fucking shakedown operation that would make the Mafia think "Maybe this is a better approach?". It's a shameless operation of "guilting" and it's high time that we see this little operation for what it is......anyone else agree?

I fucking HATE girl scout cookie selling season. They have a display as you enter nearly every market. The parents watch as their cute little kid attempts to "guilt" you into buying a box of their shitty cookies and then you have to endure the looks of disdain from the parental units that are thinking to themselves "What a cheap bastard"....not ever knowing that I could provide dessert for an entire platoon of hungry Marines that subsisted on MREs during the last week of boot camp for a month from all the cookies that have yet to be consumed from yester-year I have socked away. The bottom line is that you have to pace yourself on this shit.

It's a constant beat down...fellow employees that have a child in the Scouts shoving one of their "How Many Can I Put You Down For?" sheets and taking the money in advance. It's such a fucking shakedown operation that would make the Mafia think "Maybe this is a better approach?". It's a shameless operation of "guilting" and it's high time that we see this little operation for what it is......anyone else agree?
It is a shakedown using cute little kids.

I just wonder how much of that profit makes it to the individual troop

with it going to 5 bucks a box, they get around 3.50 for each box.
Basically, 100 percent of net profit.

Holly

P.S. To me, if certain kids do not see themselves as a member of the gender that they were born as, both them females and male should be in a group together completely separate from the other two. It can be like the award shows. You never see a group or a duo nominated for the Male Artist of the Year award or the Female Artist of the Year award.
Popcorn--sweet or savory. At least they were for awhile. Sadly, where I now work, no one has kids/grandkids in scouts. It got a little expensive during cookie season but it was worth it. The Thin Mints hold well in the freezer and the Samoas....well, around me they don't last long enough to worry about.

Repeat after me, "Oh! Sorry! I've already placed my order!"

Holly

Popcorn--sweet or savory. At least they were for awhile. Sadly, where I now work, no one has kids/grandkids in scouts. It got a little expensive during cookie season but it was worth it. The Thin Mints hold well in the freezer and the Samoas....well, around me they don't last long enough to worry about.
My boys were in scouts. They used to sell Trails End Popcorn. The troop would sell over $4000 in popcorn and the troop would end up with about $800. Lot of work for $800.

We ended up dumping the popcorn sales and selling Christmas wreaths. We would buy bare wreaths in bulk and then decorate them ourselves. We would set up in town Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend after with the boys walking around in Santa hats and a big smile carrying wreaths for $20.

We would make $2500 over two weekends and fund ourselves for the year.

Holly

My boys were in scouts. They used to sell Trails End Popcorn. The troop would sell over $4000 in popcorn and the troop would end up with about $800. Lot of work for $800.

We ended up dumping the popcorn sales and selling Christmas wreaths. We would buy bare wreaths in bulk and then decorate them ourselves. We would set up in town Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend after with the boys walking around in Santa hats and a big smile carrying wreaths for $20.

We would make $2500 over two weekends and fund ourselves for the year.
Good thinkin'! Our church auxiliary sells wreaths at Christmas time and makes a bundle off them. Since they're all donated, except for the bow, it's all profit.

I always buy GS cookies since it's a fundraiser. PB, Mints, those weird ones forget the name, yum yums? I dunno. Longer I am in line,,, less chance Biden coming around fondling them.

Forum List

Back