Gitmo Survey.What Cities Would You Want To Send The Terrorists To?,Places "Worse Than Hell".

:dev3::crybaby::FIREdevil: The Gitmo Dilemma is back in the news this week, and Obama really thinks he can just cut them loose somewhere in the USA. Yah, what's he gonna do? Get his phone and pen again.
But what if you had the power to send them free? Where would you send them? Doesn't have to be just one city, you can spread them around, 10 here, 12 there, 15 over here, etc.
Can we start with Washington DC and Detroit?
You can also choose cities around the globe.
:hitit::rock:
Just put them in a supermax facility until such time as they can be tried and fried (or sent back to whatever hellhole they came from).
The problem, of course, is they can't be tried – the consequence of Bush's incompetence and stupidity.

While the idiot Bush was indiscriminately detaining terrorist suspects, he failed to gather evidence of their alleged guilt, or determine if indeed they were terrorists at all.
Then they should be repatriated to wherever they came from. If they couldn't even be charged under the very relaxed standards of a military tribunal, WTF are we holding them for?
they are prisoners of war. They have declared war on us in their own warped minded way. They are not criminals. They are not murderers from a war standard. They are prisoners of war and until they have admitted defeat and cease all hostile actions against us and our allies, they remain prisoners of war.
Assuming these people are Actual terrorists and not just random people turned in to us for cash, try them. If we could try Nazis and Japanese for war crimes, we can try the Gitmo prisoners too. Try them, convict them, sentence them, and execute the sentence. That's justice, not holding and torturing them for years without any charges being brought.

:dev3::crybaby::FIREdevil: The Gitmo Dilemma is back in the news this week, and Obama really thinks he can just cut them loose somewhere in the USA. Yah, what's he gonna do? Get his phone and pen again.
But what if you had the power to send them free? Where would you send them? Doesn't have to be just one city, you can spread them around, 10 here, 12 there, 15 over here, etc.
Just put them in a supermax facility until such time as they can be tried and fried (or sent back to whatever hellhole they came from).
The problem, of course, is they can't be tried – the consequence of Bush's incompetence and stupidity.

While the idiot Bush was indiscriminately detaining terrorist suspects, he failed to gather evidence of their alleged guilt, or determine if indeed they were terrorists at all.
Then they should be repatriated to wherever they came from. If they couldn't even be charged under the very relaxed standards of a military tribunal, WTF are we holding them for?
they are prisoners of war. They have declared war on us in their own warped minded way. They are not criminals. They are not murderers from a war standard. They are prisoners of war and until they have admitted defeat and cease all hostile actions against us and our allies, they remain prisoners of war.
Assuming these people are Actual terrorists and not just random people turned in to us for cash, try them. If we could try Nazis and Japanese for war crimes, we can try the Gitmo prisoners too. Try them, convict them, sentence them, and execute the sentence. That's justice, not holding and torturing them for years without any charges being brought.
what war crimes did they commit?
Killing Americans when they are at war with Americans is not a war crime.
Planning on killing Americans when they are at war with Americans is not a war crime.
Just because we call them terrorists does not change the fact that they are enemy combatants just as our soldiers are enemy combatants.
If they captured one of ours...and tried them for "war crimes"...claiming that the war crimes was the fact that he/she was trying to kill them.....
How would you react if they tried him/her, found him/her guilty and executed him/her?

Now, of course, I expect someone to say...if they did not commit war crimes, why hold them? Because they are prisoners of war. It is what you do when you capture the enemy during war time.

And then you will say....well, if they captured ours, we would send in troops to get them back..

Yes, we would. We would stage a military mission; covert or otherwise; and do what we need to do to get them back.

And we should expect them to try to do the same thing.

Thus why you don't want to put them on US soil.....it opens the door for military action on US soil. You want that happening in your backyard?

Get it yet?

I think Mississippi or Texas so they can see some REAL religious fanatics.

Planning on killing Americans when they are at war with Americans is not a war crime.
Just because we call them terrorists does not change the fact that they are enemy combatants just as our soldiers are enemy combatants.
If they captured one of ours...and tried them for "war crimes"...claiming that the war crimes was the fact that he/she was trying to kill them.....
How would you react if they tried him/her, found him/her guilty and executed him/her?
What would your reaction be if one of your family members was turned over to a foreign power, taken to a remote location, and held there, tortured, with no legal recourse? Your father or son or brother at the tender mercies of torturers and interrogators for years and years?

wrong. We cant prosecute them because they are war combatants. A war combatant can not be prosecuted for murder.
Know your stuff.

Apparently, you DON'T watch the news, do you? There was never a declaration of war (per our Constitution) so, if they step ONE FOOT on United States soil, they are entitled to due process.

Now please, tell me you didn't know that and better yet, tell me that you did NOT know that your boy, Barry, has been after this from day one...
did you not read my post before you criticized my intelligence?

Re-read. I wasn't quoting your post.
actually, if you look at it, it was quoting my post....maybe an error...

Probably, cut me a little slack, bro .....I'm 72 :)

So which of you to believe? Jarhead says we can't prosecute them and we therefore have to let them go if we move them onto US soil?
Randall says if the prison closed, the military base built around it would remain open and therefore save us no money. I question that, since I saw a spot on the news a few weeks ago talking about some of the (very elderly) Cubans living on base who would be out and homeless if GITMO closed. Sounds more like a total closing, Burger King and all.

The military base ( it is both Army and Navy) will remain open regardless of what Barry does. He is only referring to the prison, jail, stockade, brig, whatever the hell you want to call it. There is a large listening post there that listens in on the Southern Hemisphere.

Trust me - I know what I'm talking about.

I know that many folks believe that the holding facility is the only thing there - that is not true. And, the United States OWNS the land there and has for something like 50-60 years. We pay an annual payment of $4,000 dollars per year in perpetuity. So, unless the tyrant Obama GIVES it back - and I do not believe he can. It is OURS.

Why the U.S. base at Cuba’s Guantanamo Bay is probably doomed
This has been really interesting. I'm still trying to figure out Randall's claim that closing the prison won't save us much, because the Naval Base will remain open, and it seems he's right. At least for now.
the naval base will remain open for years unless we give the territory back to Cuba. It has a great strategic location. As for closing the prison, sure it will save some money....but the cost to incarcerate them elsewhere will minimize those savings.
Sure, if I get rid of my car, I will save on the monthly car payment. But buying a different car will pretty much erase those savings.
Yesterday, President Obama had no problem talking about how much GITMO costs a year...but he neglected to mention how much it will cost to incarcerate them elsewhere.

I simply cannot understand why she can't put 2 and 2 together. Must be a public school teacher....

What would your reaction be if one of your family members was turned over to a foreign power, taken to a remote location, and held there, tortured, with no legal recourse? Your father or son or brother at the tender mercies of torturers and interrogators for years and years?
why do you feel the need to change the scenario to show the opposing view? I mean, you make it like these POW's were sitting around planning their daughters bake sale when they were captured.

Lets go with the same scenario.....

What would my reaction be if my son was deployed and captured by the enemy and held without any legal recourse?

Heartsick. Frustrated. Realistic as I knew it was a possibility and hope our military will do what they can to get him back.

Ex Guantánamo Detainee Arrested with Islamic State Terror Cell

On the same day that President Obama unveiled his plan to close the Guantánamo Bay prison facility, a former Guantánamo inmate who fought for al-Qaeda in Afghanistan has reportedly been captured by police in a raid against an ISIS terrorist cell in Spain.

The group seems like a formidable jihadi cell, given the skills of the former Gitmo prisoner and another suspect who was reportedly “inclined” to blow himself up in a suicide attack, just like his brother did in Syria three years ago.

Police charged the suspects with seeking guns and bomb materials for terrorist attacks against Spain, and attempting to recruit teenagers from Ceuta to join the Islamic State.

Well over a third of the ones released already returned to the fight.........

Another example in post 131...............

Planning an attack in Spain........and arrested................

The remaining prisoners are hard core............If released they will return to the fight and kill others............No dice on their release.........unless at 10,000 feet with no parachute.

Well over a third of the ones released already returned to the fight.........

Another example in post 131...............

Planning an attack in Spain........and arrested................

The remaining prisoners are hard core............If released they will return to the fight and kill others............No dice on their release.........unless at 10,000 feet with no parachute.
Try em and fry em then.

Drop them at the Whitehouse. let Michelle and Obama play host to them. and then spread it around to every nasty elected Democrat who stands with that traitor

I Said this before in an earlier post. Shoot them or let them go, no equivocating. Isn't it acceptable to execute enemy soldiers that are out of uniform? And Since Islamo-terrorist combatants have no clear defined identity, nor, uniform, I would think right there shut the door on the issue. They don't follow or accept the Geneva convention, don't clearly identify them selves and deliberately attack civilians for a vague undefined cause. So, IF we catch these people, they neither deserve nor should get any mercy.

Forum List

Back