Give A Man A Fish

If someone is paying you to fish and providing all the equipment then the fish you catch are not your fish are they?

Quite the reverse. If the investor or the CEO could catch his own damned fish, he'd be out in this boat doing it.

The fact is, they can't.... so it's just as much my fish as his. That's the point.

More to the point- to beat the metaphor to death. If he's keeping 9 fish and he only needs one, isn't that greed?
you might have a good point IF
You paid for part of the boat. You pay for repair of the boat. You bought the fishing gear you use. You pay part of the salary of the guy who captains the boat. You pay for the ice to keep the fish fresh. You give up the right to sue your boss when you get a harpoon through your leg. You find the market for the fish you catch and pay for transpotation costs to get it there. Then you assume the same risk the greedy employer assumes in getting the fish to market before it spoils. Now you have an argument that keeping nine fish makes him greedy. Otherwise it is just you that is greedy.

Do you honestly think that all these things just fell out of the sky and this awful greedy guy was just lucky enough to stumble across a fishing business ?

If the provider of your job is very fortunate you will get a fish and he will get half a fish. He wiill take his half a fish and save a tail fin so he can buy another boat to hire another ingrate like yourself.

I love when Katzndogz gives her business opinion. This coming from an insane person who had ran their own business in to the ground.

[

Classic diversionary tactics using logical fallacies;

You --> "The business man should be forced to share his profits with the workers!"

Everyone else --> "The workers are paid a wage. The profits go to the business owner."

You --> You're an apologist for the 1%! Greed brought down the country! Dressage ponies!​

That's exactly how this argument went. That's how your arguments often go.

And you accuse Dave of having anger problems.

What I'm angry about, EVERYONE should be angry about.

Unless you were part of what I am angry about.

The thing is, yeah, the greed did bring down the country. The asshole who figured an American making a fair wage can be replaced by 120 Chinese babes pissing into a single bucket to increase his profit margin brought down the country.

We were better off WHEN the businessman was forced - by unions and the government- to give the worker a fair break.

Now we have your sort cheating the working guy, they have to go to government to just get by, and you wonder why they vote for Democrats.

[
You paid for part of the boat. You pay for repair of the boat. You bought the fishing gear you use. You pay part of the salary of the guy who captains the boat. You pay for the ice to keep the fish fresh. You give up the right to sue your boss when you get a harpoon through your leg. You find the market for the fish you catch and pay for transpotation costs to get it there. Then you assume the same risk the greedy employer assumes in getting the fish to market before it spoils. Now you have an argument that keeping nine fish makes him greedy. Otherwise it is just you that is greedy.

Do you honestly think that all these things just fell out of the sky and this awful greedy guy was just lucky enough to stumble across a fishing business ?

If the provider of your job is very fortunate you will get a fish and he will get half a fish. He wiill take his half a fish and save a tail fin so he can buy another boat to hire another ingrate like yourself.

actually, all those things didn't fall out of the sky.

THey were all provided by other working stiffs doing their part.

The guy who added NOTHING to the equation was the stockholder, the CEO or the investor who just collected his nine fish and got the rest of us to fight over the one that was left.

Frankly, I may never eat seafood again after this thread.

[

FAIR IS SUBJECTIVE.. you collectivist piece of shit

YOU don't get to tell someone else that they have earned enough so that you get to dip your grubby hands in to take for yourself and those you have an affinity for

Kill yourself and make the world a better place... it is only FAIR

Dave, you seem to have some real anger problems.

Somehow I doubt you are any richer than I am, but you support a bad system, why exactly?

Because some day, you hope to eat the scraps off their table?

Fair is a pretty reasonable standard.

The reality is, the reason we don't have a "fair" standard is most Americans don't know that the top 1% has half the wealth and the top 20% have 85% of it.

The point you seem to miss is that many of us are quite satisfied with what we earn by our own labor. We are not consumed by jealousy and hatred of others who might have more money or more expensive stuff. We are also not so incredibly lazy that we would demand that government steal from those we envy in order to be "fair" to people like you.

[

Classic diversionary tactics using logical fallacies;

You --> "The business man should be forced to share his profits with the workers!"

Everyone else --> "The workers are paid a wage. The profits go to the business owner."

You --> You're an apologist for the 1%! Greed brought down the country! Dressage ponies!​

That's exactly how this argument went. That's how your arguments often go.

And you accuse Dave of having anger problems.

What I'm angry about, EVERYONE should be angry about.

Unless you were part of what I am angry about.

The thing is, yeah, the greed did bring down the country. The asshole who figured an American making a fair wage can be replaced by 120 Chinese babes pissing into a single bucket to increase his profit margin brought down the country.

We were better off WHEN the businessman was forced - by unions and the government- to give the worker a fair break.

Now we have your sort cheating the working guy, they have to go to government to just get by, and you wonder why they vote for Democrats.

Unions and their paid shills in government brought their own downfall. If the had been satisfied with "a living wage" or "fair", manufacturing may not have emigrated to better places to do business. Here's a hint: when the parasite kills the host, the parasite often dies too.

[

actually, all those things didn't fall out of the sky.

THey were all provided by other working stiffs doing their part.

The guy who added NOTHING to the equation was the stockholder, the CEO or the investor who just collected his nine fish and got the rest of us to fight over the one that was left.

Frankly, I may never eat seafood again after this thread.

No, stockholders and investors only provide the capital necessary to build the business that provides the jobs so Joe Workingstiff can earn enough to house, clothe, and feed himself and his family. Investors aren't making charitable donations so Joe and the wife can live the high life.

[

The point you seem to miss is that many of us are quite satisfied with what we earn by our own labor. We are not consumed by jealousy and hatred of others who might have more money or more expensive stuff. We are also not so incredibly lazy that we would demand that government steal from those we envy in order to be "fair" to people like you.

I didn't miss the point, you did.

The reason why the government has to "steal" as you say is because the rich are so greedy to start with.

40% of people on food stamps have jobs. They are jobs where people work every bit as hard as you do. Probably harder. But she's getting less than minimum wage, while the fat CEO who is doing nothing to bring me my breakfast is getting 7 figures.

And you think this is sensible and fair?

[

Unions and their paid shills in government brought their own downfall. If the had been satisfied with "a living wage" or "fair", manufacturing may not have emigrated to better places to do business. Here's a hint: when the parasite kills the host, the parasite often dies too.

Yeah, so what you want is for us to be like Mitt's Chinese girls living 120 to a dorm with a single bathroom. Is that the "Better place to do business"?

I'm just wondering how much you are willing to give up to be more "competitive".

How come the guy doing the work making a fair wage bothers you, but a greedy CEO making 8 figures doesn't?

"The problem with Capitalism is Capitalists... they're too damned Greedy!"- Herbert Hoover.

[

Yeah, so what you want is for us to be like Mitt's Chinese girls living 120 to a dorm with a single bathroom. Is that the "Better place to do business"?

I'm just wondering how much you are willing to give up to be more "competitive".

How come the guy doing the work making a fair wage bothers you, but a greedy CEO making 8 figures doesn't?

"The problem with Capitalism is Capitalists... they're too damned Greedy!"- Herbert Hoover.

You obsess enough about how unfair and greedy everyone else is, I don't need to. Besides, I manage to be satisfied with what I have. If I am dissatisfied, I make the changes necessary to become satisfied again. I don't need to steal what someone else has, I don't need to suck the public tit or suck union thug azz. I understand that life is not fair and have gotten over that fact. You really should try it sometime. You find life more enjoyable and fulfilling. Bitter is not my favorite flavor.

[

You obsess enough about how unfair and greedy everyone else is, I don't need to. Besides, I manage to be satisfied with what I have. If I am dissatisfied, I make the changes necessary to become satisfied again. I don't need to steal what someone else has, I don't need to suck the public tit or suck union thug azz. I understand that life is not fair and have gotten over that fact. You really should try it sometime. You find life more enjoyable and fulfilling. Bitter is not my favorite flavor.

Hey, guy, I was satisfied with what I had, too.

Until someone took it away from me because I had the bad luck to get sick and need to use the insurance I thought I had earned.

Just because life is unjust doesn't mean that you accept it. I'm sure that the black person who was told, "Hey, life isn't fair when you have to ride on the back of the bus and drink from the separate water fountain" wasn't "getting over it", he was "doing something about it."

I am making the changes. I am supporting politicians who put the interests of working people above rich douchebags and making them pay their fair share in taxes. So I stopped voting for Republicans and started voting for Democrats.

That's "Change we can believe in!"

Forum List

Back