🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Give a man a fish...

There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus - my Savior! The road to hell is paved with good intentions! It is cruel to make people dependent!
It's even more cruel to let them suffer and starve. Check out the Gospels if you don't believe me. Yeshua was very clear on this, not surprising for a poor man actually.
Thessalonians 3:10 :eusa_hand:
Jesus or Paul, pick one? In your case I'd go with Jesus since according to you, he is the son of God while Paul was nothing more than a water-boy.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

We've all heard and most likely quoted this old Chinese Proverb at some point.

I'm wondering though, why are we, the American people, allowing our government to give fish away?

You seem to be assuming that everyone that gets free fish doesn't deserve them, when many are actually cashing in on fish they've earned as an insurance policy against hard times.

I'm wondering though, why are we, the American people, allowing our government to give fish away?

You seem to be assuming that everyone that gets free fish doesn't deserve them, when many are actually cashing in on fish they've earned as an insurance policy against hard times.
Ask him about servicemen? 20 years of free food gets you, wait for it.............a lifetime of more free food.

Where can all of those poor people work if thousands of factories across the US have closed and moved to China, and minimum-wage service jobs are not enough to get by?
There are a lot of lazy people who don't want to work - you need to acknowledge that. They want to prey on others, or sponge off of them.

There are many others who want to improve their lives, but opportunity is limited, because of the mismanagement of the republicans, and democrats - they spent too much!
However, it is the parents who hold much responsibility - no one else owes them anything. " I never promised you a rose garden - along with the sunshine, there is got to be a little rain sometimes" You can create your own work, but it takes work! If you can't find a job - you make one!

I know there are a lot of greedy rich that don't give a shit about their fellow American, but that is their prerogative.

My grandmother worked 12, hours a day 7, days a week until she was 87 - as a private nurse! My mother is 80, and works full time! So when I see these young people having babies, and crying that they can't feed them - it pisses me off. There are plenty of excuses not to work - they don't impress me. Our resources are finite! The one thing the ghetto is replete with is children - why?

You can argue with Republicans over what "teach a man to fish" is supposed to mean.

Hemp seeds are healthier than fish. Anyone can grow hemp, but not everyone can fish for their meals. If America legalizes marijuana again, hemp seeds will be abundant in every state and poor people will be able to grow their own food.

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=hemp+seed+nutrition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Do right-wing Conservative Republicans want poor people to provide for themselves or not?

You can continue to argue the simple truth ... But it doesn't change your desire for an agenda over the truth.

In states where the production of marijuana is legal for personal or medical use with approval and licensing by the state ... Producers are wealthy.
The fastest growing income bracket belongs to new producers in the legal marijuana business.
We don't need to show people how to fish ... And we don't need to dig a pond in everyone's backyard.

If you want or need to grow marijuana to survive ... Then go to a place where it is legal and acquire a license to do so.
Make an investment in yourself and your own well-being ... Make the sacrifice it takes to become successful at something.

Learn to fish ... Understand that fish live in water ... Go to the water and quit waiting for it to come to you.

Where can all of those poor people work if thousands of factories across the US have closed and moved to China, and minimum-wage service jobs are not enough to get by?
There are a lot of lazy people who don't want to work - you need to acknowledge that. They want to prey on others, or sponge off of them.

There are many others who want to improve their lives, but opportunity is limited, because of the mismanagement of the republicans, and democrats - they spent too much!
However, it is the parents who hold much responsibility - no one else owes them anything. " I never promised you a rose garden - along with the sunshine, there is got to be a little rain sometimes" You can create your own work, but it takes work! If you can't find a job - you make one!

I know there are a lot of greedy rich that don't give a shit about their fellow American, but that is their prerogative.

My grandmother worked 12, hours a day 7, days a week until she was 87 - as a private nurse! My mother is 80, and works full time! So when I see these young people having babies, and crying that they can't feed them - it pisses me off. There are plenty of excuses not to work - they don't impress me. Our resources are finite! The one thing the ghetto is replete with is children - why?

The ghetto is 'replete'? I thought there was a black genocide going on, perpetrated by liberals with their legal abortions?

You people need to pick one whine per issue, and stick with it.

Jesus gave fish away. In fact he performed a miracle so he could give away even more.
Jesus was compelled to feed those hungry, because great masses followed him, mesmerized by his presence without consideration of sustenance. It took work - Thessalonians 3:10 If you are not willing to work, you should not eat!

Jesus did not make people work for the loaves and fishes. He did not make them pay to be healed.

If conservative logic is applied, Jesus was one of the most famous enablers of laziness ever.

give a left-wing nutjob a community organizer for President and he'll be making excuses for PROGRESSIVE FAILURE for life

If that were a genuine conservative belief, then our country would be overrun with conservative institutions of higher learning.

The new conservative version of that proverb involves the difference between giving a man a shirt,

and teaching him to pick cotton.

Because politicians have an alternate version of that story. It goes like this:

Give a man a fish, he votes for you for life.

Allow him to learn to fish, he votes you to stop you from taking all his fish.

The new conservative version of that proverb involves the difference between giving a man a shirt,

the idiotic Left cant exist without throwin phony charges of racism they cant back up

the idiotic Left cant exist without throwin phony charges of racism they cant back up

So you don't think government not giving people other people's money isn't the same as forcing them to pick cotton? Hmmm, I have to agree with you on that...

So what the conservatives' great plans for 'teaching men to fish' ?

Let's hear about that. Let's hear about what conservatives are willing to put into getting people educated in marketable skills in our current economic environment.

So what the conservatives' great plans for 'teaching men to fish' ?

Let's hear about that. Let's hear about what conservatives are willing to put into getting people educated in marketable skills in our current economic environment.

Well for starters; Republicans promise not to pander and patronize people into a lifetime or even generations of government dependency.

there were more people "fishing" when Republicans ran things

true story

Forum List

Back