Give me a good reason why James "Joker" Holmes should have a gun?

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Okay, throwdown time, Gun Whacks.

James "Joker Holmes. Crazy as batshit. Was able to buy and AR-15 and a drum magazine that held up to 100 rounds.

Everyone in his life knew he was batshit crazy.

Why should this person have the freedom to buy a gun.

No distractions about "founding fathers" or "he would have just gotten one illegally".

Please explain why THIS GUY should be allowed to buy a gun.

HolmesPage01_1553320a.jpg

You may be on to something, why should he be allowed free speech too, why should he have a right to privacy?

o/

James "Joker Holmes. Crazy as batshit. Was able to buy and AR-15 and a drum magazine that held up to 100 rounds.

No distractions about "founding fathers" or "he would have just gotten one illegally".

Why should his actions prevent me from buying a gun?

To answer your question, if everyone knew he was batshit crazy, why didnt someone he knew begin proceedings to have a judge consider him a threat, and thus put him on the "cant buy a gun list?"

You may be on to something, why should he be allowed free speech too, why should he have a right to privacy?

o/

Because his free speech isn't going to kill anyone. I mean, he can sit there and do his best Heath ledger impersonation all day.

But no one is going to die.

Again, we aren't arguing about whether he has a right, we are arguing about whether it is a good idea.

o/

Because his free speech isn't going to kill anyone. I mean, he can sit there and do his best Heath ledger impersonation all day.

Again, we aren't arguing about whether he has a right, we are arguing about whether it is a good idea.

Fascist believe that an unarmed citizenry is the greatest idea ever

Oh and this

o/

Since he was crazy he should of been locked up in a state hospital.

I agree, he should have been, but you guys on the right have been slashing money for that since the 1980's...

And the left has been fighting tooth and nail against involuntary commitments.

I'd like to have all the crazy people off the streets.

but failing that, what good reason is there for him to be able to have a gun?

o/

That wasn't the issue being discussed.

Let's try again.

Joker Holmes. Batshit crazy. Still able to buy guns.

Why is that a good idea?

Let's try again.

Why is that a good idea?

Its a bad idea, but its still not reason enough to stop me from owning one, which is your overall goal.

Let's try again.

Why is that a good idea?

Its a bad idea, but its still not reason enough to stop me from owning one, which is your overall goal.

Maybe it is.

doesn't answer my question.

Quit making it about what I want, because frankly, by fighting tooth and nail for Joker Holmes ability to own a gun, you are kind of making my point for me.

Again, you are a tool. If you were a responsible gun owner, you'd want to keep Joker Holmes from getting a gun.

But the Gunmakers see him as a prime market, since they can't be held legally responsible for what he does.

liberal political correctness kept him free to access a gun

then the liberal policy doubled down with the gun free zone idea

which crazies that ought to be locked up do not obey

in fact as did this crazy guy

seek out a gun free zone to go on his murdering spree

Let's try again.

Why is that a good idea?

Maybe it is.

doesn't answer my question.

Quit making it about what I want, because frankly, by fighting tooth and nail for Joker Holmes ability to own a gun, you are kind of making my point for me.

Again, you are a tool. If you were a responsible gun owner, you'd want to keep Joker Holmes from getting a gun.

But the Gunmakers see him as a prime market, since they can't be held legally responsible for what he does.

I dont want him to get a gun, what i want is my ability to get a gun to be what it is, MY FUCKING RIGHT TO OWN ONE.

And show me a gunmaker publicly saying he wants mass murders to be armed, or some nefarious leaked document showing the same thing.

Its has to be all about your position, because your position is both idiotic and unconsitutional. It would be like taking chicken cooking lessons from someone in PETA.

So rather than deny the insane, the gun lovers simply rationalize that freedom to bear arms extends to everyone regardless of public safety concerns. They must therefore believe that shooting sprees and gun deaths are nothing more than the price society must pay to maintain their freedom to own weapons suited for military use, not sport or defense.

Should all Americans agree with this stilted logic, or can common sense and public safety hold any priority at all?

he doesn't have a right to a gun any longer

the-end-old-movie.jpg

So rather than deny the insane, the gun lovers simply rationalize that freedom to bear arms extends to everyone regardless of public safety concerns. They must therefore believe that shooting sprees and gun deaths are nothing more than the price society must pay to maintain their freedom to own weapons suited for military use, not sport or defense.

Should all Americans agree with this stilted logic, or can common sense and public safety hold any priority at all?

What gun grabbers think is that by making it harder or impossible for ME to buy a gun, someone with no criminal record and a spotless mental health record, you will somehow magically prevent said crazy people from aquiring firearms.

Gun grabbers are also the same idiots who think calling something a "gun free zone" without actually providing a check perimeter and armed security will magically protect the people inside from gun violence.

I suggest look at the grabber's side logic first. You then realize its full of emotional idiocy and half assed ideas.

Wait a second, how crazy is it to believe you need to protect yourself from the government?

o/

Add to this argument another psychopath who given today's policy would have been able to buy the assault weapon. Now think of the consequences.

"Eric manufactured three more pipe bombs: the Charlie batch. Then he halted production until December. What he needed was guns. And that was becoming a problem.

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fuck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fucking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fuckers."

Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fucking firearms! " p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen [bold added]

False premise.

Try again.

Forum List

Back