Glenn Beck frets that northern ‘carpetbaggers’ will make Texas less ‘free’

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

It gets better, he was talking to a room full of CEO that had just moved their operations to Texas.

In other words, "Welcome, but don't get involved with state politics."

“You’ve got to do a campaign,” he said to his guest, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who is expected to be the Republican candidate for governor against Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis (D). “‘Come to Texas: Not because of the taxes or the weather, but because you’re free. You’re free to pursue your own dreams.’”

Beck then said that he is “sometimes more worried about the northern border than the southern border” of Texas in that “carpetbaggers” from the north are coming south “and they don’t really understand Texas.”

The Reconstruction called, they want their history back.

It gets better, he was talking to a room full of CEO that had just moved their operations to Texas.

“You’ve got to do a campaign,” he said to his guest, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who is expected to be the Republican candidate for governor against Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis (D). “‘Come to Texas: Not because of the taxes or the weather, but because you’re free. You’re free to pursue your own dreams.’”

Beck then said that he is “sometimes more worried about the northern border than the southern border” of Texas in that “carpetbaggers” from the north are coming south “and they don’t really understand Texas.”

I love the comment about how he worries more about the "northern border than the southern border"...bet that went over well.

:cuckoo:

Never mind that the disingenuous just recently in an interview, "condemned" himself for being divisive when he was at Fox. He almost sold his crap to my wife (who doesn't like him) but I told her that he was full of shit and will continue to do the same. He certainly proved me right. :)

Texas is easy to understand, ever watch professional wrestling? Just like that with boots and hats instead of spandex.

OH WOW!

A Glenn Beck THREAD!

It's been a very long time since we've had a good old fashioned Glenn Beck Thread!

At least one that I noticed...

This is so cool...

The majority who move here from over taxed over regulated business killing states soon realize how much better they have it here and if they are unhappy here they are always free to move back to there home state we won't hold it against them.

The majority who move here from over taxed over regulated business killing states soon realize how much better they have it here and if they are unhappy here they are always free to move back to there home state we won't hold it against them.

The problem is they won't leave. They will stay and vote for the exact same crap that made them leave their old state as fast as they can.

The problem is they won't leave. They will stay and vote for the exact same crap that made them leave their old state as fast as they can.

The difference is in the rare instance when the far left types get control here and try to take the first steps to turn Texas into Detroit we quickly right the ship there is a reason we have not had a Democrat governor here since 1995.

Liberalism destroys prosperity wherever it has a majority - Beck is right.

Yep, one fine example, Wendy (let's kill babies) Davis. Nuff said.

I personally can not stand Beck but he is so right after being born and raised in Chicago and getting out to Arizona and South Carolina, Liberal's always remind me of the Allen's from the movie Independence day... they devour a place and move on.

Forum List

Back