Global Warming Actually Still Accelerating - no "lull"

oooooooooo, superfast....lol

ooooooooo, super denier cult retardedness......LOLOLOLOLOLOL

oooooo, super idiot useful tool for the climate change cult isn't a pretty thing, but you don't seem to mind

LOLOLOL....oh, Stupidanie, I'm citing actual scientific reports on this climate change crisis from the world's leading scientists and scientific agencies while you're huffing and puffing your own hot air based only on your complete ignorance of this subject. Why is that you don't mind being such a retarded dupe and tool for those making hundreds of billions of dollars selling fossil fuels in their campaign to prevent any meaningful limits on mankind's carbon emissions? Do you enjoy being such a moronic stooge?

Do stupid AGW Cultists know they are melting the ice caps by posting these warnings and articles?

Here's a good news summary of a scientific report published earlier this year in the journal Science.

Alarming new study on climate change says Earth's heat is accelerating superfast
The Examiner
March 10, 2013
(excerpts)
The latest report on climate change came out on Friday and the news isn't good. The study was released in Science magazine and it examines climate research done at Oregon State University (OSU). The geological team there combined current computer models with techniques that allowed them to glean information from past weather events by the use of ice core samples from polar regions and tree rings from different areas. They also studied temperature by testing for chemicals in the shells of tiny, fossilized sea creatures known as foraminifera. The researchers from OSU discovered the acceleration of warming is happening faster than anyone anticipated. “Global temperatures are warmer now than about 75 percent of anything we've seen over the last 11,000 years or so," said Shaun Marcott, a geologist at OSU in a NPR report. "It's really the rates of change here that's amazing and atypical." Marcott explained it this way: "Here's what happened. After the end of the ice age, the planet got warmer. Then, 5,000 years ago, it started to get cooler — but really slowly. In all, it cooled 1.3 degrees Fahrenheit, up until the last century or so. Then it flipped again — global average temperature shot up. Temperatures now have gone from that cold period to the warm period in just 100 years. So it's taken just 100 years for the average temperature to change by 1.3 degrees, when it took 5,000 years to do that before."

Many scientists agree they are now in new climatic territory. When records are being broken at such accelerated rates, they face a situation unlike any before. “You can start to see a shifting from one climate system to another. So the climate has in one sense actually changed and we are now entering a new series of climatic conditions that we just haven't seen before," said Tim Flannery, head of the Australian government's climate change commission in response to the OSU research. Climate scientists predict that 100-year weather events will continue to increase, because there is currently too much complacency about reducing the vast level of greenhouse gases that already exist in the atmosphere, much less curbing new emissions. "The climate changes to come are going to be larger than anything that human civilization and agriculture has seen in its entire existence," said Gavin Schmidt, a climate researcher at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies. "And that is quite a sobering thought." Moreover, there is scientific consensus that such rapid warming is a testament to how the burning of fossil fuels is the dominating factor. UN climate chief, Christiana Figueres, was quoted as saying the new research indicates, “staggering global temps show urgent need to act. Rapid climate change must be countered with accelerated action." But urgent action in the US Congress is not likely. Too many Republicans in Congress like James Inhofe (R-Ok), Lemar Smith (R-Tx) and Paul Broun (R-GA), believe that global warming is a hoax or that it is a phenomenon created by God that only He can control, so mankind is useless to stop it. Amazingly, these lawmakers hold key positions on science committees and have shown no interest in letting proven facts get in the way of their personal biases. Connections to petroleum industries and anti-science think tanks like the Heritage Foundation are suspected to be the real reason behind such increasingly laughable claims against the existence of global warming.

You have a horrible understanding of sarcasm:razz:

“Global temperatures are warmer now than about 75 percent of anything we've seen over the last 11,000 years or so,"

For 2,750 of the last 11,000 years it was warmer than now?
Who was driving SUVs back then?

Many scientists agree they are now in new climatic territory.

Except for those other 2,750 years, they're right.

ooooooooo, super denier cult retardedness......LOLOLOLOLOLOL

oooooo, super idiot useful tool for the climate change cult isn't a pretty thing, but you don't seem to mind

LOLOLOL....oh, Stupidanie, I'm citing actual scientific reports on this climate change crisis from the world's leading scientists and scientific agencies while you're huffing and puffing your own hot air based only on your complete ignorance of this subject. Why is that you don't mind being such a retarded dupe and tool for those making hundreds of billions of dollars selling fossil fuels in their campaign to prevent any meaningful limits on mankind's carbon emissions? Do you enjoy being such a moronic stooge?

lol, anyone can pull a so called," scientific study" off the internet that agrees with their thinking...so you have...like I said, useful tool..

lol, anyone can pull a so called," scientific study" off the internet that agrees with their thinking...

LOLOL...how funny then that you haven't managed to achieve that simple feat....or that you can't comprehend the difference between peer reviewed scientific studies affirmed and supported by virtually the entire world scientific community and the kind of unsupported pseudo-science that you denier cult dupes come up with to support your retarded denial of reality.

Sooooooo............

All we hear on this forum from the climate change crusaders is how utterly clueless and "retarded" the deniers are in the face of all the consensus scientific evidence!!!!

OK

Then I want to know why over 10 years after this drumbeat started, renewable energy continues to be but a SLIVER of the market??!!!! Somebody want to explain that one to me? If it was such a slam dunk......why do ALL energy projections decades forward see renewables still a SLIVER of the energy market. Why is Cap and Trade dead as a doornail? Why is climate legislation a joke in 2013? Why is any climate change stuff having to come via executive order via the EPA?

I'll tell you why!!!!!

Because nobody gives a flying fuck except the global warming k00k crusaders, that's why!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::fu:

So me, FLACALLTENN, Frank, Ian, Polar Bear et. al. will all gladly accept the moniker of clueless retard cult liars, anyday.............because its all about >>>>>>>

Green energy...........still gay:up::up::funnyface:

By the way Thunder.........wtf is this about??? Think stunts you like to do like this makes people care more???:up::up::gay:

By the way Thunder.........wtf is this about??? Think stunts you like to do like this makes people care more???:up::up::gay:

There's your alternative energy right there. By shedding clothes, you increase the generation efficiency by 0.6% AND save 12 cotton plants..

Here's a good news summary of a scientific report published earlier this year in the journal Science.

Alarming new study on climate change says Earth's heat is accelerating superfast
The Examiner
March 10, 2013

You have a horrible understanding of sarcasm

You quote my post citing a report on a scientific study published this year and respond with this line? Are you nuts or just completely clueless? What sarcasm?

You think the scientific study concluding that the Earth's heat is accelerating is 'good news'? Are you cheering on the fundamental altering of the Earth's atmosphere and biosphere? I am certainly not. I actively work to mitigate it. I think it is good news that scientists are beginning to understand the exogenous factors of their climate models, such as the ability of the oceans, namely the deep oceans, to act as carbon/GHG sinks, and hopefully from a biological perspective, that this will have negative cascading effects upon the biodiversity of the oceans, accelerate the melting of the polar ice caps, and significantly alter ocean currents, leading to major changes in weather patterns, but this is not good news in the general sense. The human species should not be giddy about this news one bit, but be actively working to help mitigate its likely harmful results. If you think this is good news in the general sense, then yes, I am absolutely going to ask as to whether you are being sarcastic.

Last edited:
And still more pointless retarded drivel from the clueless kookster, Stupidanie and fecalton. I wonder what it would take to get you denier cult cretins to finally jerk your heads out of your buttholes. Sometimes it seems like you were born this way. Other times it seems you just prefer this position.

head_up_ass.jpg

You have a horrible understanding of sarcasm

You quote my post citing a report on a scientific study published this year and respond with this line? Are you nuts or just completely clueless? What sarcasm?

You think the scientific study concluding that the Earth's heat is accelerating is 'good news'? Are you cheering on the fundamental altering of the Earth's atmosphere and biosphere? I am certainly not. I actively work to mitigate it. I think it is good news that scientists are beginning to understand the exogenous factors of their climate models, such as the ability of the oceans, namely the deep oceans, to act as carbon/GHG sinks, and hopefully from a biological perspective, that this will have negative cascading effects upon the biodiversity of the oceans, accelerate the melting of the polar ice caps, and significantly alter ocean currents, leading to maor changes in weather patterns, but this is good news in the general sense. The human species should not be giddy about this news one bit, but be actively working to help mitigate its likely harmful results.

Sorry, dude, just a little semantic misunderstanding here. I was saying that the article itself is a "good", as in 'competently done' "news summary", not that what it is reporting on is in any way "good news". We're on the same side here. Sorry for the confusion.

You think the scientific study concluding that the Earth's heat is accelerating is 'good news'? Are you cheering on the fundamental altering of the Earth's atmosphere and biosphere? I am certainly not. I actively work to mitigate it. I think it is good news that scientists are beginning to understand the exogenous factors of their climate models, such as the ability of the oceans, namely the deep oceans, to act as carbon/GHG sinks, and hopefully from a biological perspective, that this will have negative cascading effects upon the biodiversity of the oceans, accelerate the melting of the polar ice caps, and significantly alter ocean currents, leading to maor changes in weather patterns, but this is good news in the general sense. The human species should not be giddy about this news one bit, but be actively working to help mitigate its likely harmful results.

Sorry, dude, just a little semantic misunderstanding here. I was saying that the article itself is a "good", as in 'competently done' "news summary", not that it is in any way "good news". We're on the same side here. Sorry for the confusion.

Woops, my mistake. Carry on (and carry a big stick, some people here need their heads knocked out of the gutter). I like the news summary as well. On a different note, I like that scientists are beginning to revise their models to fit previous exogenous factors, like ocean carbon sink capacity. I still think there are a few other factors missing, most notably the impact of water vapor and cloud cover. Models currently account for such factors, but many of them may underestimate their impact, especially given the halts in atmospheric and land surface temperature increases. In fact, water vapor and cloud cover probably go hand-in-hand with ocean carbon sink capacity. Intuitively speaking, both are interrelated, so in terms of hypotheses, I see no reason why scientists cannot use studies on the role of oceans in absorbing heat as a springboard to revising up the impact of water vapor and cloud cover upon global temperature anomalies.

Last edited:
In real science, when real life observations falsify the theory, you get a new theory. The AGWCult just tweaks their models

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

In real science, when real life observations falsify the theory, you get a new theory. The AGWCult just tweaks their models

In the fossil fuel industry sponsored cult of AGW denial, when real world observations and evidence completely support the scientific theory of anthropogenic global warming/climate change, you just brainlessly deny it anyway and cling to your debunked myths, dogmas and massive conspiracy theories, like the duped, deluded and very clueless retards that you are.

In the fossil fuel industry sponsored cult of AGW denial, when real world observations and evidence completely support the scientific theory of anthropogenic global warming/climate change, you just brainlessly deny it anyway and cling to your debunked myths, dogmas and massive conspiracy theories, like the duped, deluded and very clueless retards that you are.

I think I have the answer: GW/CC is not based in as certain or indisputable systemic understanding than more rigorous scientific disciplines. This is not to say that current knowledge of GW/CC is a myth, but that it is objectively more nuanced, fragile, and uncertain. Correspondingly, the way in which the scientific method is applied is deliberately more nuanced, fragile, and uncertain because you are dealing with the understanding of systems that are disproportionately more dynamic and complex than, say, those of the atom. As a result, we are not going to get as timeless a theory as that of relativity in theoretical physics in the field of climatology. And, oh, just for everyone's benefit, scientific models are tweaked in a variety of disciplines. The Standard Model of particle physics is undergoing a major tweaking with increased understanding of the Higgs Boson.

Last edited:

when real world observations and evidence completely support the scientific theory of anthropogenic global warming

You be sure to let us know when that finally happens.

Forum List

Back