Glorifying God?

pacer

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2013
Is it glorifying God discussing/debating God in these forums and doing nothing more in the service of God outside of these forums?

Last edited:
HIS
Is it glorifying God discussing/debating God in these forums and doing nothing more in the service of God outside of these forums?

I was home and not in church today for the sick people. What is your excuse for posting in the forums during church service hours?

I write Biblical articles and Bible studies to leave behind instructions for the next generation.

If you don't know what people are doing in their homes, can you assume they are doing nothing?

Why do you think arguing is not honoring God? If His disciples keep quiet, the rocks would cry out. (Luke 19:40) The fact that we're arguing means we are affirming that God's words or principles have doxa or weight. This is worship or glory.

Doxa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was a general question, Chuckt. It had nothing to do with you personally. Evidently, it appears to be a touchy subject with you.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I remember a Jehovah's Witness asking me why I was defending the Bible. I said 1 Peter 3:15 to give an answer. She said I was arguing and that I should only give an answer if asked and she wasn't asking. Poor me. Poor her.

give an answer g627 ἀπολογία apologia

verbal defence, speech in defence
a reasoned statement or argument

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Acts 17:17 Therefore disputed he (Paul) in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

When we argue, we are giving glory or weight to God and reasons why people should believe in Him. It is where we get the word "doxa" from:

The word doxa picked up a new meaning between the 3rd and 1st centuries BC when the "Seventy" (evdomikonta) Hebrew scholars in Alexandria translated the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek. In this translation of the Scriptures, called the Septuagint, the scholars rendered the Hebrew word for "glory" (כבוד, kavod) as doxa. This translation of the Hebrew Scriptures was used by the early church and is quoted frequently by the New Testament authors. The effects of this new meaning of doxa as "glory" is made evident by the ubiquitous use of the word throughout the New Testament and in the worship services of the Greek Orthodox Church which reflects behavior or practice more so than personal opinion. This semantic shift in the word doxa is also seen in Russian word слава (slava), which means glory, but is used with the meaning of belief, opinion in words like православие (pravoslavie, meaning orthodoxy, or, literally, true belief).

If there is a god why would it need or want human approval or "gloryfication" ? If I was god I would just fuck with Christians by making thier football teams lose for having the hubris of assuming what I wanted.

If there is a god why would it need or want human approval or "gloryfication" ? If I was god I would just fuck with Christians by making thier football teams lose for having the hubris of assuming what I wanted.

So you are just about nonsense?

No more so than any bible you might pick up and read.. :eusa_pray:

No more so than any bible you might pick up and read.. :eusa_pray:

The difference is we know we aren't deceived and you know your games aren't true.

Yes it is. Mother Teresa didn't venture far from her work, and specialized in a specific area of service. And glorified God till her last breath.

What better way than to use technology to spread the gospel? You could walk from city to city and preach in the public square like Paul did, but........ and that's probably illegal for Christians to do anymore anyway.
But I think what you'll find is that we are a charitable bunch and try to do what we can where we can for Christ's sake. :eusa_angel:

How do you rate your charity level?

Last edited:

Thing is God doesn't need a thing from us. And we don't have to assume what He wants. On that he is quite clear.
Glory and honor are residual effects derived from a child pleasing His Father, or a Father pleasing His child.
When Jesus was baptized our Father spoke. He said He was pleased with His Son, and this happened:

2 Peter 1:17 For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,”

So grab up a kid today and tell them they make you happy, and endow him/her with honor and glory. :eusa_angel:

No, so feel free to stop posting on the internet and saving everyone with a brain from your idiotic attempts to out think that dead rat in your pocket.

That depends on if you're a saint or not. The flesh glorifies the flesh and the spirit glorifies the spirit.

John 15
18: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

The flesh is of this world that causes man to hate Me and those who listen to Me, hear My spirit speaking to their spirit.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Which do you glorify, the flesh or the spirit of God? You can't glorify both at the same time.

Matthew 6
21: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22: "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is sound, your whole body will be full of light;
23: but if your eye is not sound, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
24: "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

HIS

I was home and not in church today for the sick people. What is your excuse for posting in the forums during church service hours?

I write Biblical articles and Bible studies to leave behind instructions for the next generation.

If you don't know what people are doing in their homes, can you assume they are doing nothing?

Why do you think arguing is not honoring God? If His disciples keep quiet, the rocks would cry out. (Luke 19:40) The fact that we're arguing means we are affirming that God's words or principles have doxa or weight. This is worship or glory.

God's saints never argue. Argument is between two liars who can't find the Truth. Saints always speak the Truth because they obey ALL of God's commandments.

1 John 2:
3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
29: If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that every one who does right is born of him.

1 John 3:
6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.
9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

Liars are sinners who can't obey God's commandments. Every word they speak is a lie.

Of course that's what you would do if you were God. You are a wicked and cruel man.

Our Heavenly Father, on the other hand, loves us. He created a plan designed to make us happy. His plan involves making us better and refining us through education and trials.

And that's His invitation to all of us. We don't have to be wicked or cruel. Though Him, though we are wicked, we can become Good. Though we are cruel, we can become kind.

He makes bad men good and good men better.

And as we become godly people through the Atonement, we obtain power over the difficulties this life has.

Of course that's what you would do if you were God. You are a wicked and cruel man.

Our Heavenly Father, on the other hand, loves us. He created a plan designed to make us happy. His plan involves making us better and refining us through education and trials.

And that's His invitation to all of us. We don't have to be wicked or cruel. Though Him, though we are wicked, we can become Good. Though we are cruel, we can become kind.

And as we become godly people through the Atonement, we obtain power over the difficulties this life has.

Unbelievers can't understand the difference between the wicked flesh and our created righteous spirit in the mind of our Creator.

How can an unbeliever read Psalms and understand the spirit of God speaking to them?

... and doing nothing more in the service of God outside of these forums?

there is no service necessary directly for God than an appreciation for life - anyone who lives their life accordingly, atheist included can expect the same for their efforts with or without the knowledge of a Deity for a transition from physiology to one as a free Spirit.

Last edited:

Cockeyed optimist ^^^^^^

You give Mary Poppins a run for her money... :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33o32C0ogVM]My Favorite Things - Julie Andrews - YouTube[/ame]

Dear Pacer, if it is working through to resolve conflicts, and to create a common understanding of the meaning of God, Jesus, etc. in terms of truth, justice and
universal concepts,

then talking through these ideas and perceptions

is the FIRST step to realizing common solutions in the real world.

if we can agree on concepts and words to communicate to resolve differences,
then we can better work together in relations and in society to serve greater purposes.

Does this make sense?
And yes, I do believe these online forums and exchanges are a
necessary and critical part of the process. We do need to reach agreements/understanding
here on a verbal and perception level, before we can expect to do the same globally.

Dear Huggy: The equivalent of putting God first, is putting the "greater good for all humanity" above our own individual self interests or beliefs which should be harmony not in conflict.

Not all people believe in "personifying" good will in terms of a "God" figure.
but whatever you call the collective good, truth, love or lifeforce that benefits all humanity,
the POINT is to put THAT universal goodness above all, so everything else falls into place.

Does this help to explain it better?
And I agree, the point gets lost and makes no sense if you explain it the way you did.
I would agree that sounds selfish and is NOT about putting the good of all humanity first.
So that cannot be the true meaning of putting God first if you only push for your interests.

Forum List

Back